Elderly gentleman

Kangawallafox

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the women in the village see a lady with a farang who has all the usuals - house and a comfortable lifestyle, it has to be a little difficult for them not to have a little envy. It would be naive for a guy 25 yrs. older to say its all about love and only love. Now, if the farangs in thailand only provided the same lifestyle as the usual Thai guy can afford, I doubt the older foreigner would be so popular.

If you as a foreigner only provided your baby with gov. schools, no new car, a 100,00 baht house, maybe - maybe an old motorbike and only food like you know most of Issan eats. Do you really think she would pick a foreigner 25 yrs older to be with?? I hope not. I'm 25 yrs. older and I know for a fact if I provided as I just described she wouldn't be content.

So, if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty women your wife.

Rubbish....................laugh.png

Ignorance is bliss..............

When the women in the village see a lady with a farang who has all the usuals - house and a comfortable lifestyle, it has to be a little difficult for them not to have a little envy. It would be naive for a guy 25 yrs. older to say its all about love and only love. Now, if the farangs in thailand only provided the same lifestyle as the usual Thai guy can afford, I doubt the older foreigner would be so popular.

If you as a foreigner only provided your baby with gov. schools, no new car, a 100,00 baht house, maybe - maybe an old motorbike and only food like you know most of Issan eats. Do you really think she would pick a foreigner 25 yrs older to be with?? I hope not. I'm 25 yrs. older and I know for a fact if I provided as I just described she wouldn't be content.

So, if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty women your wife.

Sure it is, how's Mrs.Quasimodo, OK I hope..............thumbsup.gif ........... smile.png

I had a big discussion about this with my wife before we married, in Australia I was married to a woman 15 years younger than me and we were pretty well good for each other until I was injured then due to her "needs"(and my injury) plus the fact she didnt like me being virtually housebound we seperated/divorced so I was a little bit concerned about age here. My wife explained that she did not trust thai men(her age) as they were all butterflies(after younger women) and drinkers, she wanted a husband that was true to her(honest) and treated her as an equal/with respect, she also said that in younger men this was hard to find and she therefore preferred some one abit older(I dont look my age thank god) so we ended up perfect for each other, I have just turned 60 and she is in her mid 40's. In all honesty I think it will depend on each woman you ask, some may prefer the older men that are not butterflies/drinkers (or simply have money and will die before too longwhistling.gif )and are honest with them while others simply want a young stud to take them out partying etc so there is no right or wrong answer, it is simply individual taste same as everywhere else except there are simply a lot of females in Thailand so there are a just lot of choices for them to makebiggrin.png

I had a big discussion about this with my wife before we married, in Australia I was married to a woman 15 years younger than me and we were pretty well good for each other until I was injured then due to her "needs"(and my injury) plus the fact she didnt like me being virtually housebound we seperated/divorced so I was a little bit concerned about age here. My wife explained that she did not trust thai men(her age) as they were all butterflies(after younger women) and drinkers, she wanted a husband that was true to her(honest) and treated her as an equal/with respect, she also said that in younger men this was hard to find and she therefore preferred some one abit older(I dont look my age thank god) so we ended up perfect for each other, I have just turned 60 and she is in her mid 40's. In all honesty I think it will depend on each woman you ask, some may prefer the older men that are not butterflies/drinkers (or simply have money and will die before too long:whistling: )and are honest with them while others simply want a young stud to take them out partying etc so there is no right or wrong answer, it is simply individual taste same as everywhere else except there are simply a lot of females in Thailand so there are a just lot of choices for them to make:D

Just to point out, only sex workers and their customers use the word 'butterflies'.

You might want to remove it from your tinglish dictionary.

I had a big discussion about this with my wife before we married, in Australia I was married to a woman 15 years younger than me and we were pretty well good for each other until I was injured then due to her "needs"(and my injury) plus the fact she didnt like me being virtually housebound we seperated/divorced so I was a little bit concerned about age here. My wife explained that she did not trust thai men(her age) as they were all butterflies(after younger women) and drinkers, she wanted a husband that was true to her(honest) and treated her as an equal/with respect, she also said that in younger men this was hard to find and she therefore preferred some one abit older(I dont look my age thank god) so we ended up perfect for each other, I have just turned 60 and she is in her mid 40's. In all honesty I think it will depend on each woman you ask, some may prefer the older men that are not butterflies/drinkers (or simply have money and will die before too long:whistling: )and are honest with them while others simply want a young stud to take them out partying etc so there is no right or wrong answer, it is simply individual taste same as everywhere else except there are simply a lot of females in Thailand so there are a just lot of choices for them to make:D

And us

Just to point out, only sex workers and their customers use the word 'butterflies'.

Thai Language Thai Culture: Old Snake Heads and Butterflies of the Night

http://womenlearnthai.com/index.php/thai-language-thai-culture-old-snake-heads-and-butterflies-of-the-night/

I perfer the term "Helicoptor"

I'm sure all hot young Thai women just love having some prune-like toothless old boy in his sock/sandal/wife-beater singletby their side as they swan into a night club in front of all their pals who are sat with their young handsome Thai BFs........

Haha - so ALL 'older men' are 'prune-like, toothless, and badly-dressed' ? I'm none of those things, and everywhere we go my wife is asked to get a guy exactly like me, i kid you not. As to the original question, there are quite a number of Thai girls who want an older farang because they have come to the conclusion - false or correct - that an older farang might have put his 'Butterfly' playboy days behind him and be ready to settle down and be faithful. That was 100% true in my case, so my beautiful lady got it completely right. Oh - and no, it is not always about money - some farangs are subsidised by their working Thai partners, especially if they are well-paid professionals.

• Like 1

Hmmmm..... Never new my Thai language (aimed at business people - fairly expensive) teacher from years ago (she returned to Hat Yai to take care of mom) was was a sex worker....

I've never heard so many 'experts' on what women want in one place before. Men are wasting their time trying to analyse what women want and turn it into a science, better to not bother and just observe.

(1)All relationships with women come with (mostly financial) strings attached (stealth prostitutes).

(2)The most honest relationship is with a straightforward prostitute.

Self righteous pompous prigs who derogate prostitutes really aren't smart enough to have thought it though.

'Love' is a collection of selfish 'needs' and 'wants' bundled up a package.

i just see the same <deleted> talk about again and again,

just by newer members,

stick around this will be back again in a few months

I see your point totally,however make no mistake jake unlike the usual trolls itching for a fight I posted for reasons of curiosity as to why it's more prevelent here then in some places.

The age thing itself does not bother me,each to their own and good luck to them,it's more a curiosity thing then a wind up however with so many who do judge I can absolutely see why you may think it's the usual crap.

I'm not saying it's wrong,just interested in what drives it as opposed to the far less numbers in the west,a cultural study if you will.

Hope I did not offend you jake.

didnt offend me my mate,

im more then happy and secure in my relationship not to let things on here bother me,,lol

jake

copywriting-guide-cartoon-comma.jpg

when i met my wife i was 47 and she was 25 we have been married over 21 years ,does she prefere older men? God knows ,i never asked her , i was not rich ,she was not poor , people are all different what works for one does not work for another ,ask a friend of mine ,he couldnt care less how old or good looking a woman is as long as she has massive tits ,i kid you not.

I bet you didn't think of the massive age gap 21 years ago. 68 and 46!

I got married 25 years ago when 27 and my wife was 20.

When I am 68 she'll be 61. We can grow old gracefully together.

i would prefer to be claudius,.........an extra 20 yrs of playing around , especially if he was in LOS ,...probably 2000 more girls that you can now only dream of ! .

I've never heard so many 'experts' on what women want in one place before. Men are wasting their time trying to analyse what women want and turn it into a science, better to not bother and just observe.

(1)All relationships with women come with (mostly financial) strings attached (stealth prostitutes).

(2)The most honest relationship is with a straightforward prostitute.

Self righteous pompous prigs who derogate prostitutes really aren't smart enough to have thought it though.

'Love' is a collection of selfish 'needs' and 'wants' bundled up a package.

Sadly, I concur. Infatuation can be a lot of fun, even for old buggers, but that fades.

All these posts saying "I am 2000034 and my wife is 22....and we're happy" fail to mention one important figure apart from age and that is how much the "allowance" which facilitates such happiness is....

Even worse are the silly old fools who think having a child with their much younger wife will somehow act as the cement in their arrangements make me chuckle...

Lets face it here...most Thai lasses would rather be snuggling up under the covers with a younger Thai lad of their own age instead of someone infirm old timer old enough to be their grandpa while her pals are out having a ball with their own generation....

I don't buy all this "We are more reliable and offer more security and faithful than the younger men" cobblers. You are just as likely to pop off, taking your pension with you with any dolly who waves her arse your way....

• Like 1

All these posts saying "I am 2000034 and my wife is 22....and we're happy" fail to mention one important figure apart from age and that is how much the "allowance" which facilitates such happiness is....

Even worse are the silly old fools who think having a child with their much younger wife will somehow act as the cement in their arrangements make me chuckle...

Lets face it here...most Thai lasses would rather be snuggling up under the covers with a younger Thai lad of their own age instead of someone infirm old timer old enough to be their grandpa while her pals are out having a ball with their own generation....

I don't buy all this "We are more reliable and offer more security and faithful than the younger men" cobblers. You are just as likely to pop off, taking your pension with you with any dolly who waves her arse your way....

Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn......................rolleyes.gif .....................coffee1.gif

Thats news to me, I actually heard it used in Australia by thais/aussies there, it is just easier to type than "thai men just want sex with many young girls". One thing I have never had to do in my life iwas pay for sex, cant figure out how someone finds that arousing but then I suppose some people are just not able to attract their own women without paying for it.

My wife happened to be a lot younger than me when we fell in love. She was only 3 years older than my cat and my mother in law is only 4 years older than me. Neither one of us had any intention of a relationship, much less marriage. We agreed to marry 4 weeks after meeting on my inclination and I waited a year to see her again. I had never seen my wife nude nor even kissed her. On my wedding night I did not know exactly what equipment she would have.

12 years later we have retired, I am 56 and she is 33 and we returned to live in Thailand with our 7 year old after 8 years in the US. We have spent nearly 99% of those 12 years together. She is the best person I have ever known and will be honored to die with her.

Sometimes you get lucky. For every horror story of deceit, theft and breaking of hearts there are stories like mine. It doesn't matter what culture you are in. Hey, every love story ends in tragedy, at best you can look forward to dying together.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

She is the best person I have ever known and will be honored to die with her.

You might want to rephrase that....

The likelihood of her dying with you is very small (even much much smaller than "normal"), unless of course you see yourself as a pharaoh, and her your possession, and you embalm her and have her buried with you so you can take her with you into the next life :P