Protest leader vows to eliminate Thaksin regime

webfact

Protest leader vows to eliminate Thaksin regime
By English News

13849988288598.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 21 – The leader of the Democrat-led Democracy Monument rally declared yesterday that the group’s demonstration will not end unless the Thaksin regime is totally wiped out.

Former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban, who has led the three-week rally, said the movement will not be called off on Sunday – the big day when a million people have been urged to join a massive show of force against the Yingluck Shinawatra government.

Mr Suthep has led the rally since October 31, starting with a demand to reject the controversial amnesty bill which sought to pardon former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and a several other senior officials from criminal and corruption charges.

The three-week rally has escalated to a movement to eliminate the Thaksin regime and an impeachment of 310 MPs and senators who voted in favour of charter amendment.

Mr Suthep and his compatriots met with the Senate speaker yesterday to present documents carrying the signatures of 115,500 people who advocated impeachment.

The documents were contained in 77 boxes, each with signatures and documents of 1,500 people. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-21

• Like 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep - It's time to pack up, go home and do your Chrstmas shopping

Why? He achieved a lot in 3 weeks time so why should he pack?

He's done a great job.

I think now's a good time to step back from the rally

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

He's done a great job.

No nothing done, yet:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683228-pheu-thai-to-go-ahead-with-charter-amendment/

I felt the same way. It's time to pack up and go home. Don't overdo it; otherwise, there will be no support from the people. As it is, the rally creates hardship to the surrounding businesses. The first intention was to revote the amnesty bill. You achieved it. Now, you want to eliminate Thaksin's regime. Are you out of your mind? Stop for the sake of the country. Don't go overboard. Take it a step at a time. If you push it to the edge of an envelope, the result will be different.

• Like 1

One would hope that the word eliminate is only used to describe a wish, although the whole lot need shooting ,the end result would be a civil war, the demise of the Shinawtra clan in politics would do Thailand a favour, this family could end up being the most despised family in Thailand, if not careful.bah.gif

The hawks among the Democratic party need to show some common sense and avoid stooping to the levels we will now see from PT and UDD, you've scored well, now let them engineer their own slide in popularity. They will come back with even more radical attempts and in light of their recent actions they will look even more like villains, give them enough rope to hang themselves.

If it really gets out of hand your ultimate weapon is to resign from parliament en-mass and tell your supporters to boycott all bi-elections, it will throw the assembly into chaos and turn the who thing into a farce. They will have no choice but to dissolve govt and start again, which means likely losing their outright house majority and weakening their position to push for a new charter.

He's done a great job.

No nothing done, yet:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683228-pheu-thai-to-go-ahead-with-charter-amendment/

You mean finished h90... That's a long time coming.

Wrong Thait Spot.

Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Wrong Thait Spot.

Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?

Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

Haha!

I'm not sure my modesty would allow me to be in the vicinity of lamenting PTP females

x13849988288598.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dS4B4nu

Nice of Suthep to do a remake of the video to Queen's Radio Gaga for the faithful. Although the lyrics "All we hear is Radio Gaga, Radio Goo Goo etc" seem rather apt when the various political parties and other assorted looney tunes groups take the stage with a mic in their hand

• Like 2

Hope that most of the above quotes are by farangs because it does seem to me that Thai politics is locked in some timewarp that most democracies moved out of a couple of centuries ago. There is a golden moment of opportunity here for the Thai people to establish a mature democracy but when you hear some of the ministers comments on the IMF, World Justice court, tourism, education etc you wonder if they are not old enough to wear long trousers. This country which has so much to offer in terms of culture, generosity of spirit and gorgeous people needs to tread very carefully in the next few years otherwise it risks serious economic decline and becoming the laughing stock of Asia. There are no easy solutions but it might not be a bad idea if the country starts looking outwards instead of inwards. I love this country and I think what irks me most is to see it going backwards;

".........needs to tread very carefully in the next few years otherwise it risks serious economic decline and becoming the laughing stock of Asia. "

I am afraid that has already happened in many ways. Certainly any other government in S.E.Asia watching the daily fiasco re rice sales and purchases must find it amusing. The economic decline is happening as we write, the country needs a steady hand at the financial helm. Thai politics is nothing if not entertaining.

• Like 1

Hope that most of the above quotes are by farangs because it does seem to me that Thai politics is locked in some timewarp that most democracies moved out of a couple of centuries ago. There is a golden moment of opportunity here for the Thai people to establish a mature democracy but when you hear some of the ministers comments on the IMF, World Justice court, tourism, education etc you wonder if they are not old enough to wear long trousers. This country which has so much to offer in terms of culture, generosity of spirit and gorgeous people needs to tread very carefully in the next few years otherwise it risks serious economic decline and becoming the laughing stock of Asia. There are no easy solutions but it might not be a bad idea if the country starts looking outwards instead of inwards. I love this country and I think what irks me most is to see it going backwards;

What golden opportunity?

The Democrat party are not interested in democracy, only preserving the old status quo so the same old monied families can continue to use Thailand as their own personal fiefdom. Hence their support for the PAD and the current protests. The Shinawatras are not interested either as stated by Police Lt. Col. Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra himself.

Just be thankful Thailand is no longer a place of absolutes or a military dictatorship.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wasn't aware that this protest against was sponsored by the PAD, the moneyed elite the Democrats or the old status quo. What I've seen at the protests are people from every strata of society opposing this government on the grounds of overstepping their powers. They weren't bought, but they were certainly looking after their own interests rather than those of their leaders. It's takes time but Thailand will eventually lose its taste for instant coffee. Think outside the box man.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

What golden opportunity?

The Democrat party are not interested in democracy, only preserving the old status quo so the same old monied families can continue to use Thailand as their own personal fiefdom. Hence their support for the PAD and the current protests. The Shinawatras are not interested either as stated by Police Lt. Col. Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra himself.

Just be thankful Thailand is no longer a place of absolutes or a military dictatorship.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wasn't aware that this protest against was sponsored by the PAD, the moneyed elite the Democrats, or the old status quo. What I've seen at the protests are people from every strata of society opposing this government on the grounds of overstepping their powers. They weren't bought, but they were certainly looking after their own interests rather than those of their leaders. It's takes time but Thailand will eventually lose its taste for instant coffee. Think outside the box man.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

Getting reaaaaaaallly tired and bored of reading the same thing all the time coffee1.gif

I do agree, he should pack his things and lose himself clap2.gif

Well, you should know - you write most of it.

There are 10 types of poster - those who write with their own opinions and the rest

What I do suggest to the protestors is that they take a 10 day break starting December 1st and totally clean up the site as the King's birthday is on the 5th December.

State that you are doing this to honour the King and when you come back you will get more support.

If you don't then you will lose support big time. The PTP will still be there when you get back and if not then you have won.

Nice idea but you think that after they pack and clean up they can go back to the same site?

Democracy Monument is not private property: it is part of thoroughfare.

Can anyone have the right and ability to hinder traffic, affect the lives and hurt commerce of a 13 million people city?

It shows that Democrats, Reds, Yellows, PTP et all are no different from one another. They all have this notion of entitlement.

Anyway, who paid the Reds during their protracted protest? Who is paying the Democrats and Yellows to stop their work and/or commerce and camp out for 3 weeks?

I would like to know what they are using for money to pay their bills.

Do not answer: TIT

One would hope that the word eliminate is only used to describe a wish, although the whole lot need shooting ,the end result would be a civil war, the demise of the Shinawtra clan in politics would do Thailand a favour, this family could end up being the most despised family in Thailand, if not careful.bah.gif

What..... You saying that there is another more despised family already in Thailand?

Who are they then?

I would think that the Sawny Bean family would be more popular than the Shinawatra family at the moment.

kilt-hellowin2.jpg

Edited by Thainy Tim

Yu'p he's achieved a lot in 3 weeks, NOT...

I don't like the guy's style of politics and grand standing.

I do although like the having a laugh at his claim of 1,000,000 protesters

and his vow to end the Thaksin regime,

In my opinion, he has achieved destroying any microscopic amount of credibility he may have had.

You might have your opinion about him as a person but he achieved a lot the last 3 weeks. Have you heard about that amnesty bill thing by any chance?

• Like 1

What I do suggest to the protestors is that they take a 10 day break starting December 1st and totally clean up the site as the King's birthday is on the 5th December.

State that you are doing this to honour the King and when you come back you will get more support.

If you don't then you will lose support big time. The PTP will still be there when you get back and if not then you have won.

Nice idea but you think that after they pack and clean up they can go back to the same site?

Democracy Monument is not private property: it is part of thoroughfare.

Can anyone have the right and ability to hinder traffic, affect the lives and hurt commerce of a 13 million people city?

It shows that Democrats, Reds, Yellows, PTP et all are no different from one another. They all have this notion of entitlement.

Anyway, who paid the Reds during their protracted protest? Who is paying the Democrats and Yellows to stop their work and/or commerce and camp out for 3 weeks?

I would like to know what they are using for money to pay their bills.

Do not answer: TIT

I see you have some judgement issues comparing the Red/Thaksin protest of 2010, and the people's protest of 2013. Anyhow, since when can you only use private property when protesting in a democracy?

Yu'p he's achieved a lot in 3 weeks, NOT...

I don't like the guy's style of politics and grand standing.

I do although like the having a laugh at his claim of 1,000,000 protesters

and his vow to end the Thaksin regime,

In my opinion, he has achieved destroying any microscopic amount of credibility he may have had.

You might have your opinion about him as a person but he achieved a lot the last 3 weeks. Have you heard about that amnesty bill thing by any chance?

Don't confuse them with logic or reason Nicky... They've made up their minds.