Mae Jo Farang restaurants

beau thai

I know some TV members live around Mae Jo and I often visit/stay over, and sometimes want a change from thai style food/restaurants.

Struggle to find any without heading back to Meechok, or out to Steak of the Day in Mae Rim, or the restaurant at Mae Jo Golf.

I am sure there must be others but despite asking locals and driving around, I cant find one-can anyone help please?

Many thanks-I'll give it a go soon.

Mama Mia Pizzeria

Talking about Thai restaurants (or not) has anyone tried the big new Northern Thai place right before the light at the Friday market (which is the one on 1001 before Mae Jo U)?

• Like 1

Give me a clue please-I cant find it from your info so far. Thanks. Nothing under 'Mae Jo Restaurants'

There is a posting about this already,listing quite a few

restaurants and eating places in that area,

regards Worgeorgie

Give me a clue please-I cant find it from your info so far. Thanks. Nothing under 'Mae Jo Restaurants'

regards Worgeorgie

As new places open and existing ones close so often here a new thread can be informative and useful even for us in the know.

• Like 1

Mama Mia Pizza is open during noon lunch time, and again after 5 in the afternoon, every day except Wednesday when they are closed. They have very good food at very affordable prices. It's a family-owned and operated business, and they're very nice people to patronize. The phone number is 053-844-322.

They're located in a newer building; this streetview shows the building before the restaurant opened: http://goo.gl/maps/UQL3F

• Like 1

regards Worgeorgie

Use Google Search it works with no problem . I know TV will say other wise but their search function is ????

There is a place in Mae Rim that I have been to twice now, its called See Paak. Good Western and Thai food at very good prices. Its past the Mae Rim plaza before the next set of traffic lights. So in essense you have to go to the lights to do a U Turn and return back to the place. Ample parking, projector TV, cold beer and house wine available.

Sure its a ways out of the town/city, but as I live in Mae Rim its very convienient for me. Good tucker and nice staff/owners make it a good place. I think they could feed upto 80 people at a push as they have 10 large tables but it wasnt overly busy when I was there. Good spot for a large party!

• Like 1

regards Worgeorgie

Use Google Search it works with no problem . I know TV will say other wise but their search function is ????

Thanks for the suggestion but all that got me too was a thread about a new hard to find German restaurant which has now closed!

There is a place in Mae Rim that I have been to twice now, its called See Paak. Good Western and Thai food at very good prices. Its past the Mae Rim plaza before the next set of traffic lights. So in essense you have to go to the lights to do a U Turn and return back to the place. Ample parking, projector TV, cold beer and house wine available.

Sure its a ways out of the town/city, but as I live in Mae Rim its very convienient for me. Good tucker and nice staff/owners make it a good place. I think they could feed upto 80 people at a push as they have 10 large tables but it wasnt overly busy when I was there. Good spot for a large party!

Many thanks Kiwi-that looks worth a shout. Google maps has it opposite the Bai butterfly Orchid place so with that and your clear directions should be easy to find.

Food can be real hit or miss, wine too. Gave up going there after about four or five tries.

Edited by luther

Mama Mia Pizzeria

Talking about Thai restaurants (or not) has anyone tried the big new Northern Thai place right before the light at the Friday market (which is the one on 1001 before Mae Jo U)?

Very many thanks Junglechef- tried Mamma Mia today.

Very enjoyable seafood pizza-big enough for 2, and also tuna salad with italian bread. A little oasis in the Mae Jo Farang restaurant desert.

Next time I'll skip the salad and leave room for tiramisu.....

regards Worgeorgie

Thanks for the suggestion but all that got me too was a thread about a new hard to find German restaurant which has now closed!

beau thai, I think he's referring to the post by 1Gringo: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630024-good-eating-in-and-around-doi-saket-and-san-sai/?p=6265176&hl=%2Bbuffet

I bookmarked the link as 1Gringo gives very clear descriptions of places.

Many thanks for helpful advice here. Had an excellent dinner again at Steak of the Day Mae Rim- a rare NZ Tenderloin that looked and tasted like fillet.. Well plated, on a bed of spicy 'mash'.

And tonight at Mamma Mia between san sai and Mae Jo-directions shown above. Last trip there, a very good pizza and tonight I had fish and gf a large chicken steak, both served with fries and salad. Shared a good tiramisu after. Chef owner from Pizza and his thai wife-very nice people.

I love thai food but sometimes a change is very welcome.....

• Like 2