Karaoke Ripoff

upinthesky

He said She said. Hard to understand the accent.

Bill is 47K that includes drinks for the girls and himself, etc. I guess they drank a lot in 4 hours.

They said each time girls order a drink, they ask, guy said okay.

Guy feels he's being rip off.

Cop is trying to be fair and have a settlement.

I think the guy is offering to pay 5000.

That's all I got.

These type of Karaokes are always rip off catering to the flash-cash high rolling orientals. Stay away.

Yup farang cannot afford them cos you know they don't have enough money for it while the orientals spend money there like no biggie.

Farang will then depend on their race and somehow think that it makes them special like hey i am a farang so somehow i don't need to pay cash or girls just automatically like me etc.

Guy sounds French, or speaks Thai with a French accent.

4 hours in a Kareoke bar and a 47k bill........ That's good going biggrin.png

Well if you went into a karaoke bar with say a 100bht beer and didn't drink anything else in there for 4 hours then yup that would be cheap but there are many many ways to spend money in a short span of time.

These are probably chinese style karaoke or called night clubs in HK or singapore. OK i don't think it's fair to call it chinese style but oriental should be fairer cos japanese and koreans should have that too.

You go in there you're supposed to appear rich so you tip everyone like the waiters and all and of course the girls. You don't neccessarily have sex with the girls but it all depends. Some places you can get really kinky. The fact of the matter is they don't really have a price tag on paying everything i suppose especially when it comes to paying the females and all but i assume this guy must have drunk alot and bought tons of "ladies drinks" lady drinks are drinks paid by the customers for the girls and yes they do cost more and the girls make money from these drinks.

It also depends on how hi-so the place is. Anyone knows what ktv he went to? Anyway i see like 5-6 girls that he had drinks with and all so it's probably not going to be that cheap at all. If it's a hi-so ktv club it's going to cost a lot obviously. I wonder if they have flower hanging for the singers in thailand they should have it.

You pay quite a substantial amount to hang garlands of flowers on the female singers you might get them to sit and chat with you or maybe even sleep with you who knows but there isn't any guarantee. This isn't reccomended for the members here cos you know spending a bit of money even thai bht is like cutting off a limb but pls don't worry about that there are enough japanese, koreans and who knows maybe ppl from other nationalities that do it. A guy from my home country bought the entire bar in one of those pattaya girly places drinks. Yes the entire bar and he didn't even know them and he bought them drinks. Farang won't ever do that he told me farang only think of themselves and i agree imagine that farang buying drinks for strangers. If that happens you probably need to kiss his @ss for the rest of your life.

• 7 months later...

First:why he try to speak thai that he doesn't know it?

Second:it's plenty of those place and they are spread all around Thailand.....just ask a drink menu first and ask how its work when the lady starts seat with you.Simple and without bad bill surprise..........or i am wrong?

four thousand 700 would be more like it, 47k is a piss take

sms747,47.000 baht could be possible.Few years ago,in Korat,for one hour and half in the Pegasus karaoke with 3 girls,drink and open private room,the bill was 15.400 baht.But i knew it before its come.

Second:it's plenty of those place and they are spread all around Thailand.....just ask a drink menu first and ask how its work when the lady starts seat with you.Simple and without bad bill surprise..........or i am wrong?

Yes you are very wrong plus his Thai is quite passable.

Why was the policeman not surprised at this horrendous bill? The guy should have sent one of the bimbos back to get a menu and check the real prices. 2300bt for a large bucket of ice- gouging at its best!

After 196 vodka shots, the girls should be wasted. Where is part 4? I want to see the end.

Edited by stubuzz

Yes you are very wrong plus his Thai is quite passable.

Its ur point of view:for me,that i can speak,read and write thai,his thai is real real poor.And if u are not a novice(and i think the man in the video is not)you should not how it works a thai karaoke

This is quite a common scam in and around Chiang Mai. In the last few years there have been news stories of Thais and not just farangs being caught by this as well. Outrageous sums of money are asked for after a few hours in the place followed by threats if it's not paid.

Anyway.......100 and more shots if vodka?Wow he should ask the price after the fifth glass.........

Anyway should be good to know(see)how it ended up that story..........

where was this and name of the place? likely not a karaoke more likely an up market club like the Pent, not saying that place is a rip off though but 2300 for ice!! jeez it's usually 50 baht in Thai places. I have had a bill padded in karaokes and cafes, but usually for 100-200 baht, not 20-30k! If they had drank 196 shots in 4 hours between them they would all have been in hospital and not the police station.

Edited by jacky54