Honda PCX-good or bad bike?

rayinkrabi

HI, I'm thinking of buying a pcx 150 (I particulary like the black) but thought the price a bit high @ 78k...however after a bit more research I see that it was around 72k 4 yrs ago so maybe the increased cost isn't so bad.

I also checked out a few used ones (less than 1 ty old) for sale but the asking prices are too high to warrant not buying new....agreed that the 'asking' price can be way off what is actually achieved so does anyone know the real used value of these scooters?

I'm not a seaoned biker by any means and only want this for touring locally in the dry season so I'm looking for safety, comfort and style as opposed to big bike performance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

consider honda sh150i, better bike for farang and better quality components and a more powerful engine.

No thanks, I don't like it and the 100k price tag is a joke. I'm not a dedicated Biker so don't expect to be pushing the thing to the limit so am not interested in the bigger wheels and couple of extra cc etc.

I know the PCX doesn't appeal to everyone...same with Marmite :-)..but I like it especially the matt black...to each his/her own I guess.

• Like 1

PCX 150 is greaaaaaaat!

Do you have one? if so, can you share what are the good and bad points of it.

Btw, whilst very interested on opinions re the PCX my post was mainly about the pricing...I'm a bit confused as this (bang up to date) website lists it as under 70k http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Honda_Motorcycle_Price_List..any ideas?

consider honda sh150i, better bike for farang and better quality components and a more powerful engine.

No thanks, I don't like it and the 100k price tag is a joke. I'm not a dedicated Biker so don't expect to be pushing the thing to the limit so am not interested in the bigger wheels and couple of extra cc etc.

I know the PCX doesn't appeal to everyone...same with Marmite :-)..but I like it especially the matt black...to each his/her own I guess.

you dont need to be a dedicated rider to get benefit from bigger rims, quality parts, roomier ergonomics and more power.

They will give you the benefit even if you do not realize lets say as safety and a smoother ride.

and you pay only 20 k more and also get a givi top bow and ermax windscreen which they alone cost you 10 k if you want to buy them separately.

Anyway, life is yours. pcx is also good enough for Thailand.

Edited by ll2

If you are an inexperienced biker and want to tour a little, I would have thought the PCX is the ideal bike. Very easy to ride, fully auto, comfortable for a Farang sized person, no chain. NISM.

The Sh150 looks hideous and costs more too, why would anyone buy one?

The going rate for a new PCX150 is 75k so don't pay more and for that, I think a bargain.

I have a PCX 150 and really like it, it's stable and comfortable and don't use much fuel.

This bike don't require any maintenance at all between service, you just fill the tank and go and check the tire pressure once a month.

It's not so good out on the highways due to a top speed at about 90-110 km/h so you lack the extra power out there.

I use mine only for riding around Pattaya and I find it near perfect for that.

Only extra on mine is: YSS rear shock absorbers and a net for the seat everything else is original.

If you buy one I will recommend that you buy the 80% theft insurance and lock it up if leaving it downtown, many are stolen in the Pattaya area.

I carry a huge steel wire lock that goes around the front wheel when parking downtown.

• Like 1

I love my PCX. it's great for both in town riding and the occasional weekend trip. I did have a little look at the SH but am very happy that I held fast and bought my matte black. the SH is too upright for me and it rides well with the wife on the back. I have changed out the seat, shocks, mirrors, brake levers and grips and am 1000 km in.

I enjoy every opportunity to take it out.

The PCX is a great bike have ridden mine from CM to Hua Hin and back. Ridden from CM to Plok, Khoen Kaen, Surin, Pattaya, Bangkok and back to CM not a bit of problem in all those rides and I ride constantly 80 to 100k per hour. Its as comfortable as any bike can be just need to replace the stock seat or add extra padding and remove the bump from stock seat.

I have been driving a rental PCX 125 for 4 months and happy with it. Before I rented Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135 which is slightly more powerful but overall I like the PCX better. Ride is more comfortable and not buzzy at higher speeds when on the larger roads. As PCX is a little bigger you need to get used to driving in congested traffic in places like Pattaya. Although they cost more than Nouvo or Honda Click, I will rent PCX bikes in the future as I find better all around and worth the premium. Only minor drawback is they do not have open area where your feet go and no hook for hanging stuff. This can be overcome with a hook on the handlebar but is a limitation.

The direction of the question should really be reversed.

The actual question is: Do you like the Honda PCX?

If you like it. Buy it.

Why assume that anonymous individuals know more than you?

Over time I've bought many bikes. Some were better than others, but I liked (and enjoyed) riding them all.

The best bike you can ride is the one that your ass is parked on.

Jerry

Thanks all, decided to def go for the Matte Black PCX 150. I had a look in the Ao Nang Honda dealer yesterday where they had a black PCX and a SH 150 side by side...no contest as far as I'm concerned. Only problem there was they want 79k so I'll take a trip to Krabi town and shop around a bit more.

i'm on my third PCX....

attachicon.gifpcx black 049.jpg

Thats the one! it looks great, I haven't had a chance to ride one yet and the Ao Nang dealer wouldn't even let me take it off the centre stand in the showroom but no worries as I'm off to Krabi town Monday morning to start the ball rolling (I'm in no hurry as the rain looks like its here for another week or so and I'm only a fair weather rider) smile.png.

Btw, matt black is the only one for me after seeing this on the web altho no idea what it is.

post-63511-0-21594300-1385212589_thumb.j

If you are an inexperienced biker and want to tour a little, I would have thought the PCX is the ideal bike. Very easy to ride, fully auto, comfortable for a Farang sized person, no chain. NISM.

The Sh150 looks hideous and costs more too, why would anyone buy one?

The going rate for a new PCX150 is 75k so don't pay more and for that, I think a bargain.

just about sums it up.

I'm a bit confused as this (bang up to date) website lists it as under 70k; any ideas?

Below the price list on the website - Last Updated Tuesday, 24 January 2012

oops, I missed that. Having spent some time checking this out (I found old threads on this forum also v helpful...many thx o all the contributors on them as well) so I'm already settled on the fact it will cost around 78k but I'm def going for it.

Any one know which is the best Honda dealer in Krabi town? A long shot I know as I'll probably end up doing a lot of walking tomorrow checking the dozen or so dealerships out anyway but if anyone knows the best one to start at it will be a help.

I'm having a problem with the Ao Nang dealer (which would have been more convenient) as the 'sales' girl seems half asleep and it took all her 'effort' to scribble down a few numbers on a scrap of paper..all wrong! and when asked about delivery dates simply replied "no idea till next month" Duhh. They really really don't seem interested to sell the bikes so what is Honda paying them for?

Good bike.

After so many positive comments on this bike I'm not even going to push for a test ride after all as I understand being able to actually 'try out a truck or bike here is a major 'inconvenience' to the dealers.

I know I could rent one for a few days and I was tempted to early on but even this seems pointless as I'm by no means expert so wouldn't really appreciate the technical differences from other bikes some of you experienced guys have discussed on this forum over the years. I like it so I'll get it.

One small hitch tho, I'm very fond of my old Honda Wave with it's front basket...how do I fit one on the PCX? smile.png (in matte black of course as I wouldn't want to spoil the appearance).

Edited by rayinkrabi