Chalerm warns Suthep of possible sedition charge

webfact

"Bring your mum and dad"?

Haha

Old bully boy won't like that

If and when I feel interested in an update on the latest protest as shown on TV, I am afforded an instantaneous and accurate translation in English.

Some of the snippets of the comments are very enlightening, like Chalerm forcing his dept. heads to purchase gifts for his police mates, the amount of money paid monthly to the fugitives parliamentary lackeys for voting as directed, Chalerm boozing and pissed most of the day in his office at the Dept. of Labour -

guess it's nothing new but at least current from those effected directly.

xsuthep-chalerm-wpcf_728x413.jpg.pagespe

Check out Chalerm's picture, how intimidating... in Hawaii they call this look "stink eye". "You give me stink eye, I fight you!"

On the other hand, Suthep rather looks as if he is crooning at karaoke: "Love me tender..."

What Suthep said on stage last night to Chalerm about arresting him was "bring your mum and dad with you" guess he was inferring that he would need some backup. He also invited Chalerm to join him on stage.

But off course that would pass right over the top of Chalerm or in one ear out and out the other - nothing in there to stop it.

in one ear out and out the other? That's impossible. Sound waves can't pass through a vacuum.

Now there's a law that really needs changing in Thailand - free speech - Suthep can say what he wants/thinks if those listening don't want to believe it then that is entirely up to them - voicing an opinion is not and should not be a crime

Inciting to riot and advocating the violent overthrow of the government is an act of sedition, and a very serious offense in most countries.

Yeah, but have you seen any violence? thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

...duh...who is paying the red shirts 700 baht a head to protest.....???

Not sure if they are getting 700 baht but I would bet my house they are not doing for free.

Big difference between genuine protesters with a legitimate axe to grind, and paid thugs/murderers/arsonists/terrorists. thumbsup.gif

Now there's a law that really needs changing in Thailand - free speech - Suthep can say what he wants/thinks if those listening don't want to believe it then that is entirely up to them - voicing an opinion is not and should not be a crime

Inciting to riot and advocating the violent overthrow of the government is an act of sedition, and a very serious offense in most countries.

And what exactly would a red shirt supporter, like yourself, know about that?
  • Like 1

Kim Jong-Un disagrees with Chalerm and finds the court ruling quite normal. Not voters should determine who is in the senate but a handful of people who made Thailand a backwater.

Anyhow, shocking to see that the police is not arresting anyone on the spot who has a knife, gun or home made weapon when it comes to the upstanding yellow citizens.

How is it possible to sue someone for defamation if their comment is not about you ?

Surely, even by Thai Law standards that would be too farcical ?

Still Pol.Capt. Labour Minister and PTP party list MP Dr. Chalerm does have a PhD in Law so he must know what he is doing rolleyes.gif

Thaksin is most probably busy with more important things.

It is good to see them help each other.

Chalerm's lawyers can certainly log a defamation complaint on behalf of former prime minister Thaksin.

No problem with that. They just do what is right to do. You cannot let an arrogant and insane person like Suthep say that Thaksin wants to be president. It is pure defamation and Suthep should be prosecuted and sent to prison for many years for spreading such blatant lies. ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011

How is it possible to sue someone for defamation if their comment is not about you ?

Still Pol.Capt. Labour Minister and PTP party list MP Dr. Chalerm does have a PhD in Law so he must know what he is doing rolleyes.gif

Chalerm's lawyers can certainly log a defamation complaint on behalf of former prime minister Thaksin.

No problem with that. They just do what is right to do. You cannot let an arrogant and insane person like Suthep say that Thaksin wants to be president. It is pure defamation and Suthep should be prosecuted and sent to prison for many years for spreading such blatant lies. wink.png

Strange but I remember Thaksin saying in interviews when he was a fresh Prime minister, that he considered himself the CEO of the country.

Labour Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has threatened to arrest protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban

Mr Labour Minister why is it your job to arrest people? khun Chalerm you´r way out.

He's a police captain. Posted Image

In duty?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Labour Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has threatened to arrest protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban

Mr Labour Minister why is it your job to arrest people? khun Chalerm you´r way out.

He's a police captain. rolleyes.gif

In duty?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In duty? No.

In duty free? Quite possibly.

• Like 1

No problem with that. They just do what is right to do. You cannot let an arrogant and insane person like Suthep say that Thaksin wants to be president. It is pure defamation and Suthep should be prosecuted and sent to prison for many years for spreading such blatant lies. wink.png

Strange but I remember Thaksin saying in interviews when he was a fresh Prime minister, that he considered himself the CEO of the country.

CEO? Yes, sure he could have been considered as such. A good CEO indeed.

But he was not chairman of the board. And never claimed that he wanted to be...

So, prosecute Suthep for defamation is totally appropriate.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

CEO? Yes, sure he could have been considered as such. A good CEO indeed.

But he was not chairman of the board. And never claimed that he wanted to be...

So, prosecute Suthep for defamation is totally appropriate.

thumbsup.gif

To avoid double standards, they would need to prosecute "arrogant and insane" Thaksin's son, Oak, for saying the same "defamation" for Dad becoming President.

Edited by myan

Indeed it is Frank, quite right,and I am sure most readers here would agree with you.

attachicon.gifnatt2.jpgattachicon.gifnattawut.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WXJzg5p5-c

The pictured Natthawut was severely punished for his involvement in three different violent occurrences in 2007, 2009, and 2010 with their still-pending charges.

He is now suffering the consequences of those actions as Deputy Commerce Minister in Yingluck's Cabinet.

No problem with that. They just do what is right to do. You cannot let an arrogant and insane person like Suthep say that Thaksin wants to be president. It is pure defamation and Suthep should be prosecuted and sent to prison for many years for spreading such blatant lies. ;)

Thanks Gerry for brightening up my Monday morning with a bit of humour. You never fail to disappoint.

Thanks Gerry for brightening up my Monday morning with a bit of humour. You never fail to disappoint.

My pleasure :)

• Like 1

I think they should take the red shirts, members of the government and the Shiniwatra clan to a deserted island, and tell them that 5 survivors can return to Thailand. Now that would be entertainment! Can you imagine Chalerm and Thida fighting it out?

and this immunity from prosecution crap for serving MP's should be scrapped as well, it's complete nonsense - that being the case there's probably be no government - you wanna make changes to the constitution - those would be high on my list along with barring convicted criminals from serving in government and it's institutions - those are the sorts of changes that would allow this country to take a step in the right direction

• Like 2