Competition of best farang & Thai couple?

Nautilus05

Wonder what the local males think of this.

They thing this is OK. His wife/girlfriend won't die if f u ck with farang and they can spend more to alcohol, and can get bigger face about money. And the nicest thing they have mia noi (second wife/gf) and they spend the money about her which money came from idiot farang cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You obviously dont know what you are talking about, and your other posts in this thread proves that,

Knowledge, skills, and IQ is not always connected.

You with obviously a self proclaimed high IQ should know this.

But then again, a person who falls to the floor of his own comments, are not always the brightest either.

By the way, this is in Kranuan, Khon Kaen province, 7 years ago.

• Like 2

I am 70, from Brazil, now married with a wonderful Thai woman after more than 2 years dating a a lot of women here, from 28 to 60 years old.

I can tell that this video tells the true. I never dated any bar girls, or at least knowing that they were bar girls, but I had at least 2 experiences related with this video.

One:

I travel to meet a 32 years old very beautiful woman from the Internet. After dinner, she took me to her home for the night. She was living with her family in rural Phrae, one teenager daughter, and she just complete the building of a new nice house with money she earned in her ex BK "job". Few minutes after we met, her "proposition" was that she will marry me, and take me to her home and her family ranch to take care of me, in exchange of 20,000thb/month. I was not interested in the deal or in to see her again, but, just for curiosity, I asked her how she will get married with me before knowing if she will be happy having sex with a 70 year old man. She responded saying that if I like sex, she will have sex with me, but I do not need to worry about her because she have many young boy friends in the village. A week later I invited her to come to my town for a party, she responded saying that she cannot do it because she was "engaged" and getting married soon.

Two:

Another meeting from the Internet, with a 42 years old woman, after exchanging very nice and seducing e-mail in English. I met by the Tha Pae Gate in Chiang Mai. Was not easy to recognize her, nothing to do with her picture on the Internet, and not English skills at all. We talk standing by her scooter few minutes, and I told her that I was looking for a English speaker lady, and that was nice to meet her...and good bye. She ask me to go with her to meet a friend close by at its beauty salon. I do not know why she wanted for me to do that, but, for curiosity again, I did. Her friend, at the beauty salon, was seated writing e-mails on the computer in front of about 4 young women. She let me read an e-mail a foreigner just send to her. A looongggg love letter. She told me that woman was charging 300thb for every e-mail she was writing for the ladies in English.

I wasted few minutes of my time...but I really felt bad thinking about the guys in home getting those wonderful love letters from those women.....

I had many other similar experiences related with this video....so many....but I also have to agree. Those are not the typical Thai women, and I believe that is happening in many countries. In my country for sure......

Dear Old Buddy,

all the same you pick up them from bar, from Net, from street, from your work place, or your hairdreesser place, or what-ever.

In my country there is a sentence:

You can put the shit to jar, and you can put the jar to your pantry's shelf. But it wont't become to jam at all.

You can imagine a 70 yrs. old man can be a dream of Thai lady ? I guess you can, but have an other sentence:

Will be crying in and of story.

my best wishes.

Guess some sayings just translate better than others!

I don't know who this documentary insults most: Thai women or foreign men.

Deserved both of them.

I don't think it is particular insulting to gold diggers and sex tourists, but what about the rest of the Thai females and male expats?

just watched between 41 and 43 min. and i found it quite lame and depressing. I can't think a better word to define a relationship

between thai and foreigner.

Yeah these video sum up it all. I trully pity foreigner with thai wives.

By the way they should have titled this thread "best idiot monkey farang with his thai brownies".

Bar girl and sexpat. Not Thai and foreigner.

There's a difference.

Well said.

I love how the title of the documentary is, "My Boyfriend Is a Sex Tourist"

What about, "My Boyfriend Is Just My ATM Machine" OR "My Girlfriend Is a Gold Digger"

But those titles wouldn't go down so well with public opinion. There wouldn't be so many viewers. Always got to blame the guy, but he probably just wants a real GF.

And all the talk about, "She just wants to marry a western man for a better life". Rather than, she just wants to cash in and then ditch him when there is nothing left.

just watched between 41 and 43 min. and i found it quite lame and depressing. I can't think a better word to define a relationship

By the way they should have titled this thread "best idiot monkey farang with his thai brownies".

There's a difference.

Yeah, I skipped to the 41:30 point. Freakin embarrassing for all concerned.

There's a difference.

Now you guys understand why it is just stupid to refer to ourselves as "Farang".

We are "farang" enough for Thais anyway...

How does one compete with Barry.

Wit,charm,good looks,Barry has everything and that is what I aspire to be someday.

Remember,there is a little Barry in all of us,keep chipping away the rough edges and find your Barry within.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

And, Barry had some great dance moves. Wonder what his TV name . I'm sure he won the contest by posting alot on here. Thank You Thai Visa

Barry

I love how the title of the documentary is, "My Boyfriend Is a Sex Tourist"

What about, "My Boyfriend Is Just My ATM Machine" OR "My Girlfriend Is a Gold Digger"

But those titles wouldn't go down so well with public opinion. There wouldn't be so many viewers. Always got to blame the guy, but he probably just wants a real GF.

Yes, very true.

Barry and his buddies in the video are simply retards. <deleted>

Not much better than many of us, this is how many Thais view us.

And by calling ourselves "farang" (the dancing monkey), it sure does not help.

Rather the opposite.

Edited by ayayay

in fact it is considered in much of Thai society as a few steps down the social ladder if getting involved with a farang.

It is indeed considered a step down if she brings home an older guy who isn't intent on speaking any Thai nor shows particular interest in Thai culture, as the underlying nature of the relationship becomes only too apparent. This would be the case in any country.

Dress well, speak the language, be polite, basically make an effort to be likeable and you will be liked. This particularly applies to the educated middle class and upwards, as they are a lot less likely to see a farang as a walking pot of gold, but will instead tend to consider him for what he is.

Lower class Issan families typically have little education and take stereotypes for granted without question. This ultimately leads to totally erroneous beliefs and expectations.

in fact it is considered in much of Thai society as a few steps down the social ladder if getting involved with a farang.

It is indeed considered a step down if she brings home an older guy who isn't intent on speaking any Thai nor shows particular interest in Thai culture, as the underlying nature of the relationship becomes only too apparent. This would be the case in any country.

Dress well, speak the language, be polite, basically make an effort to be likeable and you will be liked. This particularly applies to the educated middle class and upwards, as they are a lot less likely to see a farang as a walking pot of gold, but will instead tend to consider him for what he is.

Lower class Issan families typically have little education and take stereotypes for granted without question. This ultimately leads to totally erroneous beliefs and expectations.

Unfortunately, the notion of "farang", is more than just a need to classify a specific group of people, it is THE most important thing Thais will see when they see a white person. No matter education, or status i society, "farang" is first off, very close to be seen as an group object, and only secondly as an individual/person.

Unfortunately, the notion of "farang", is more than just a need to classify a specific group of people, it is THE most important thing Thais will see when they see a white person. No matter education, or status i society, "farang" is first off, very close to be seen as an group object, and only secondly as an individual/person.

Yes, Southeast Asians do indeed make clear distinctions between races (there is a box on Lao immigration cards where you need to indicate your race).

Farang means foreigner, and that is what we are and always will be. That doesn't mean we are looked down upon. Actually the tendency in Asia is the more like a farang you look, the better you look.

In our Western cultures, two of the most socially inappropriate things you can do is to make open references to race and money. So obviously it takes some acclimatizing in Thailand as Thais do those two precise things as often as they breathe.

Having some knowledge of the way TV works I believe that this competition was probably a figment of a producer's imagination and no such thing really exists.

The houses in rural Isaan slums are real though as I have had a tour myself . . . . most of the farangs were Nordic or Dutch . . it seems.

The most disigeniuos part was the way the rather attractive mamasan, the TV crew and the slut in question colluded to pretend that she did not have sex with customers because a retainer had been paid by her long distance farang. I am sure a retainer was paid but as for the rest of the cooking .. . . not a chance it was true ha ha

There's a difference.

Now you guys understand why it is just stupid to refer to ourselves as "Farang".

Even if you were to remove the word "farang" from the Thai vernacular, this circus would still be an epic embarassment for all concerned.

Even if you were to remove the word "farang" from the Thai vernacular, this circus would still be an epic embarassment for all concerned.

I am actually pretty sure that, if we ourselves stop referring to ourselves as the dancing monkeys, the "farang", and sometimes even mention it to the Thais, that we dislike being called Farang all the time, very soon they will pick up on it, and use it less and less.

It will for sure make it harder for them to discriminate us, and rip us off, and even kill us.

In our Western cultures, two of the most socially inappropriate things you can do is to make open references to race and money. So obviously it takes some acclimatizing in Thailand as Thais do those two precise things as often as they breathe.

Yes, they use it as often as they breath, and why would they think it is wrong, (yes it is wrong, just because we live here, does not mean we have to think everything is great about Thai culture), when many of us "farangs" loves to play the role of the dancing monkey?

I know, I did it myself for the first few years I lived here, before I realized how deeply problematic the issue really is.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this might be a little extreme, but still, we get a sense of what some relationships are like, and in what way many (not all, but many) Thais think about us.