Safe to buy clock in Thailand? - SuperSports Store

mrxten

I recently bought a clock in the Jungceylon shopping mall. I found it in the SuperSports store. I did buy it and everything works great. Doesn't look fake if you'd ask me.

Still I'm curios. Do they sell real/original things there? Brand of the clock is Rip Curl.

Thanks in advance,

//

Probably a cheap clock and some Thai somewhere saw and liked the design and copied it and stuck into the clock hoping to sell more. Thats the usual story, whatever it takes to sell it doesnt matter where or who its copied from.

Rip curl should be called Rip off like all the big surf companies - they all make watches which are complete rubbish made in China and sold for huge margins to all those spoilt little git 'must have' surfers. They do make a few clocks; but if you bought in Thailand it'll be a copy -if it tells the time who cares!!!

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Have a look here...

http://www.myshopping.com.au/ZM--521911510_Home_Accents

http://reviews.surfstitch.com/9003/rip-curl-cube-temperature-clock-white/reviews.htm

Edit:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-watches/rip+curl+clock/k0c18605

As per some of the above comments, rip offs seem to happen in places other than in Thailand too.

coffee1.gif

Edited by ravip

The store did belong to Supersports and the receipt is from there. But it was like a store in a store, if you get what i mean. So receipt + VAT refund. They did only sell watches. Did pay some money for it so gotta be sure if i got scammed or not. Ive attached some pics..

Best regards,

fyi. Did swim with it, didn't leak any water thumbsup.gif

Ofc i didn't mean clock. As the pic above . I meant watch.

post-166733-0-06343500-1385296501_thumb.

post-166733-0-30371900-1385296516_thumb.

post-166733-0-82737300-1385296532_thumb.

post-166733-0-10389400-1385296549_thumb.

Edited by mrxten

Did you check if there is a serial number and if so whether the manufacturer allows you to register it on-line?

Some products have this fascility.

Thank you. I did check and as it appears.. the clock does not have a serial number. Cant find that option on RipCurl website neither. After a quick search on there page i found that they are selling there watches at the Jungceylon. And it looks like the same store.

Should have checked that first i guess. Thanks tho for the replies.

• 3 weeks later...