Philippines Girlfriend refused to travel for 14 days trip to Thailand

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although no visa is required for a Philippine citizen, Philippine nationals who appear 'low-class' or even 'middle class' are questioned by Philippine immigration officials out of suspicion that they will work abroad illegally as house helpers, bar girls, or even teachers/tutors.

(I'm not putting down your girlfriend; and no use arguing whether she looks low class or not. As a westerner you cannot tell unless you've lived in the Philippines for a long period of time)

If the immigration official has reason to suspect that the person will try to find work abroad without going through the proper procedure, he/she can legally be offloaded from the plane.

junkofdavid2

I understand and I know what you saying.

She does not looks low class but as a normal lady from 26 years old.

The intention was a two weeks holiday to Thailand arranged by myself.

I have been to the Philippines 50 times of the last 15 years.

If you have a Thai GF you can travel with her to almost any country in Asia

or even outside Asia as long as she has a visa for the country.

Thai immigration is just checking her passport, ticket and visa if needed.

They dnt question what your Thai GF is gone in Bali, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan or Philippines.

That is the big difference between Philippines and other countries such as Thailand.

• Like 2

SIMPLE1

So it does not say that you are not allowed to take

your Philippina GF on a holiday trip. It depends on the

immigration officer and their mood. It is a lottery.

I have foreign friends who took their Philippines GF

to Thailand. Most likely they met another immigration officer

or he was in a better mood. It is a very arbitrary case.

We did do anything wrong and our intention were honest.

I was all ruined by one guy who did not like this lady to go

on a holiday with me to Thailand.

• Like 2

Without the OP knowing the line of questioning from the BI for his "gf", he's really not in a position to be bashing Filipino authorities decision to not allow her to travel.

Plenty to suggest there's more to the story, which is not to say who's right and who's wrong.

But the full story hasn't been divulged...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

"Perhaps purchase tickets and check in separately in future."

No, it would probably be more difficult. I have taken my filipina GF to thailand several times, and to hongkong. Clark is the most difficult place for immigration, probably because so many BG going away with guys. On our first trip, EVERY filipino flying out was questioned, including a young couple with a child.

Girls have often been refused permission from this airport.In fact a friend of mine who has lived in philippines with a business nearly thirty years, travelling with his wife of many years and on their way to connect with a flight to australia where she is a resident, was refused. He really caused a shit storm, writing to the Immigration Minister, and getting a letter of apology, but no ticket refund !!

A lot of this I think is due to the American Govt giving a huge amount of money to the RP a few years ago to combat human trafficking and they want to show what a good job they doing and get another handout. Unfortunately the boys at Clark are over zealous.

It really is a raffle whether you will get her away or not. In my case my GF was an OFW for 7 years in Lebanon, which impressed them at the interview.

Edited by biggles45
  • Like 2

Apologies in advance for offending OP and others, but very much doubt the car accident story. Seems a typical sympathy ploy. Could be (perhaps likely) a police record popped at immigration check. Or just all the usual indications were evident. Also I note OP did not specify "the place they worked..."

• Like 1

they are stopping them from going abroad to scam the thais. note these girls claim to have gone many times.http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683477-thai-police-arrest-filipino-typhoon-relief-money-scammers/

many pi girls in singapore both in and out of the "trade".

not withstanding it sounds like an airasia scam. try a different airline.

Edited by feest monty

i know there is one major scam in the Philippines, whereas a girl agrees to visit a guy in his country and asks money for a passport, airfare and whatever else is involved and then the girl either makes some excuses as to why she cannot make the trip or disappears never to be heard of again and pockets the money.

Whether or not the Immigration officer was in on the scam I don`t know, but as other posters have mentioned, the cousin death does seem a bit suspect. Perhaps best to put this down to experience and write the Philippine girl off with a, Next.

junkofdavid2

They dnt question what your Thai GF is gone in Bali, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan or Philippines.

That is the big difference between Philippines and other countries such as Thailand.

----------------------

Believe me, ain't always so easy to travel with Thais, either. Had some aggravating experiences in other countries and even leaving Thailand. Usually it is fine when I shame them and tell them they are full of it (yeah, it has come down to me pulling the snob card on them...works every time). Other times, my wife just goes to Suvannaphum on her own and flies straight into where ever I am with no problem. I am not sure what sets them off at certain borders and certain dates, since we have had both, from it being a complete nightmare to it being nothing at all.

Not sure about the Philippines situation, though.

junkofdavid2

Sometimes single Thai ladies travelling to Bahrain are pulled out by Thai immigration for an interview. This may also occur in the departure lounge, as my wife and I have seen twice in the last year.

the most dangerous place is the usa as it has the most slots allocated to it, safest place to go is Middle East and Other Countries as that only has one sessionsmile.png

Edited by feest monty

Although no visa is required for a Philippine citizen, Philippine nationals who appear 'low-class' or even 'middle class' are questioned by Philippine immigration officials out of suspicion that they will work abroad illegally as house helpers, bar girls, or even teachers/tutors.

(I'm not putting down your girlfriend; and no use arguing whether she looks low class or not. As a westerner you cannot tell unless you've lived in the Philippines for a long period of time)

If the immigration official has reason to suspect that the person will try to find work abroad without going through the proper procedure, he/she can legally be offloaded from the plane.

I rather suspect Thai immigration would be more interested in an illegal worker, not Philippines immigration ! As for the assertion that air travel for Filipinos is now the exclusive domain of 'high class' individuals, whatever that means, well I'm astounded.

Take a long hard serious look at what you're saying. Filipinos, who are most often considered 2nd rate (not class) in comparison to a Thai National, do indeed travel to Thailand to take up better paid work than they can secure back home.

Poverty is endemic in the Philippines and there's a lot of support for anyone doing whatever they can to take care of family, even if it means working abroad.

Quite what reason an immigration official might have to suspect the young woman might be illegally seeking work, would have to be based upon some tangible evidence or information given. Looking into her eyes and making a 'gut' decision seems an unlikely discretionary mandate from higher authority.

On the other hand, if you're talking from a position of privileged information then perhaps you might honour us with its provenance.

Further, your statement; As a westerner you cannot tell unless you've lived in the Philippines for a long period of time). This is just plain stereotyping. It's like the Nazi assertion that Jews can be determined by the size of their nose !