Hospital experience in Bangkok

RtotheC

I have an abcess on my back, which is most likely a staph infection. My girlfriend took me to a government hospital (whose name i'm uncertain of) and they didn't want to treat me, they simply referred me to a "premium clinic" next door. Since it was a "premium clinic" i figured i should just go to Bumrungrad instead since 1) i had already been there before. 2) i figured the cost woud be about the same as Bumrungrad. and 3) it hurt and i didn't want to wait anymore and jump through anymore hoops just to get treated. So i decided i would go to Bumrungrad for a consulltation and possibly go somewhere else later.

I don't have health insurance and it cost me 1235 baht just to talk to the doctor for 5 minutes and for him to give me a dignoses of something i already pretty much already knew. Now he wants a follow up appointment (at the cost of another 1235 baht) and most likely have to cut open and stitch my back, which he said would most likely cost at least 10,000 baht, which keep in mind is for a procedure that takes less than ten minutes and i don't think that includes taking them out as well.

I've heard that Sukumvit Hospital near Ekkamai is much more cheap. I've also heard St. Louis Hospital is good as well. As of November 2013 does anyone have any other suggestions for a good cheap hospital? I may need to get this cut open soon and if i can avoid paying over 10,000 baht i would like to do that.

I use Sukhumvit Hospital and never had a problem and for a Private Hospital prices aren't bad. They just moved into new facilities next door and it is very nice and up to date. Every thing is new. I was there Friday and was impressed with it.