Panthongtae urges Thais to call on Suthep to stop rally

Lite Beer

Pulled in for fuel at a PTT just outside Pranburi this afternoon, about 10 coach loads of anti government protesters having a pee break. 500 baht per day, per person is apparently the going rate for the rent a mob being bussed in. The lads I spoke to were only along for the cash, told to blow the whistles they'd been issued & cheer at any speeches made. Costly business for Suthep & His cronies.

How much you think the losers at the stadium are being paid to "defend the government".

The losers are getting 750 baht, hmm, i wonder if that makes them the winners?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm at ratcadomnern now. Too many people! Pinklao bridge was closed off at around 3pm. Never seen a crowd so big.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The other paper's website is saying 440,000 people - if that's true - WOW! What a message!

I think that is obviously inflated. I left an hour ago and there were still groups crossing the bridge from pinklao to ratchadumnern. Yes there are thousands of people but not nearly half a million.

First off, what a load of BS. And in response, an estimated 440,000 people came out today to show they want an end to the Shin clans grip on power. If the Shin's go away then so do the protests. Why don't you go and try to get through your daddy's meglomaniacal head that times have changed and the majority of people have seen his true colours ? Yingluck ok bai, PT ok bai, ALL SHIN's and associated cronies ok bai !!

I'm at ratcadomnern now. Too many people! Pinklao bridge was closed off at around 3pm. Never seen a crowd so big.

The other paper's website is saying 440,000 people - if that's true - WOW! What a message!

I think that is obviously inflated. I left an hour ago and there were still groups crossing the bridge from pinklao to ratchadumnern. Yes there are thousands of people but not nearly half a million.

How is that number "obviously inflated"? Did a head count did ya? Ahhh... you've analysed satellite photos from the NSA? Asked the coppers? Yeah they'll set you right! Ok, ok, ok... you just thought there weren't that many people there and so it was obvious to you. wink.png

Not trolling... just teasing you a bit.

Cheers LD

Edited by Local Drunk

I was in BKK today, when I went out of the SIAM BTS station I could not phone because of the whistles. I went a bit around with the BTS (because I am very stupid on finding things) and approx. 10+% had whistles or that Thai flag band or some TShirt, groups of happy old ladies; groups of young girls, singles, groups of mixed students etc etc.

So really a lot, but can't tell if in total it is 300.000, 700.000 or a 1.000.000. Because it isn't a paid mob that sit there for 500 Baht (now 750). It is people roaming around. If some cockr.... politician would enter Siam Paragon or nearby shopping centers they would have blown the whistle.

Even my Taxi driver back home was a supporter and got 175 Baht tip biggrin.png

• Like 1

I call...... bullshit.

Pulled in for fuel at a PTT just outside Pranburi this afternoon, about 10 coach loads of anti government protesters having a pee break. 500 baht per day, per person is apparently the going rate for the rent a mob being bussed in. The lads I spoke to were only along for the cash, told to blow the whistles they'd been issued & cheer at any speeches made. Costly business for Suthep & His cronies.

A cynic might well wonder why so many times these claims are posted by relatively-new posters ? wink.png

Back to the OP, it must be really embarrassing to Oak & his family, that the anti-government protest has been such a runaway success. One can understand his family-loyalty, but he has to know he's on-a-loser here, if indeed he is even writing his own posts at all.

Whatever, no problem, he has a really rich family, and can expect to live the good-life for all his days.

• Like 1

How much you think the losers at the stadium are being paid to "defend the government".

A lot less, one would imagine from the crowing about numbers there. Interesting that the anti's are now admitting to the expenses being bandied about now. Could make a bit of a dent in the family palm oil profits but probably plenty left over for his retirement, he is retiring now isn't he?

I call...... bullshit.

I'll raise you and double it

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A lot less, one would imagine from the crowing about numbers there. Interesting that the anti's are now admitting to the expenses being bandied about now. Could make a bit of a dent in the family palm oil profits but probably plenty left over for his retirement, he is retiring now isn't he?

Good to see a true believer admitting that the red-rabble are being paid.

And yes Suthep may well retire after the downfall of PTP not like your idol who will go to the grave using who ever he can for his own warped sense of importance.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wonder if anyone at UKBA or HMR&C cared to inspect the unusually large amount of luggage to unaccompanied young single ladies happened to have with them.

Ah, when they saw the name on the tickets, maybe not.

The UK supposedly has strict laws about the amount of cash that can be hand carried into the UK. Wonder if the ladies had to declare they were a tad above the limit ? Or did they simply get ushered through VIP channels. They do seem to get some privileges !

As far as I know they do not have diplomatic immunity so their luggage would have been run through the x ray scanners and had the drug and money dogs sniff the cases as the ran through the luggage system.

In London they are just a couple of rich kids joining thousands of other rich people in the high society shopping ghettos.The Arab rich boys get their expensive cars clamped and impounded every summer.

In which case they weren't carrying copious amounts of money as many seemed to think. How did they get the visa's - business trip ?

Hmmm - wonder if they do have diplomatic passports ?

Hmmm - wonder if they do have diplomatic passports?

Thai airways could get them through the VIP channels - relatives of a country's PM and all that, security concerns etc. The are many rich Arabs, But I bet the real connected, ruling family members get treated differently from the wealthy others. I know several wealthy Arabs who own properties in London and have very nice motors. But, in their own country they are no where near the top.

How is that number "obviously inflated"? Did a head count did ya? Ahhh... you've analysed satellite photos from the NSA? Asked the coppers? Yeah they'll set you right!  Ok, ok, ok... you just thought there weren't that many people there and so it was obvious to you. Posted Image 

Not trolling... just teasing you a bit. 

Cheers LD

Is there a problem local drunk?

I don't believe this at all personally, I like to believe that the majority of people there have gone because they believe in it and I shall continue to believe this until you can show me concrete proof otherwise like the videos of the red shirts dolling out the cash....

• Like 2

There is No reason for Suthep to Stop the rally. He and the people are there for democracy and to stop a Corrupt Non Democratic government that Paid for there votes.

He may not be perfect but he is better than the shin clan and all there Greedy power grabbing losers who only care what they can do for them selfs and Mr. T

Power to Suthep and the People….

• Like 1

Panthongtae wrote on his Facebook wall that if Suthep managed to bring out protesters to topple the government, the country would stand to lose and Thais would lose from the rifts.

He is right. But he has to stop the red shirts too so to be fair.

• Like 1

good if its true then borrow your enemies tactics I only know for a fact a lot of my wife's friends are going because they are fed up with Taksin and his lot and previously i personally saw in front of my house red shirt organisers taking ID cards and handing out money to truck drivers for petrol. That was during first red shirt mob. The next time their were no pick up trucks outside our house (my wives house). I asked why and was told they had not been paid for last time except for a small advance and local red organiser had done a runner with the money. Its quite possible given my own eyes that they can't get mob out so much this time not because they suddenly understand they have been duped by Taksin but because a lot have not been fully paid for previous times. If your a red organiser and you get a cut for every supporter you can buy to protest. Its big business for a lot of them. They each have their own turf which is given to them either for a payment higher up or as a favour for a family member. Before that sure most parties bought votes and Taksin was clever to make people believe not only was he buying the vote he would help them as well and also play very cleverly on their dislike for BKK elite. He was however first to develop a network of paid agents who could make a nice living from getting a mob together. The problem in our local (very red) area was the organiser simply ran away with money meant to pay for protesters. If you get 100,000 baht commission for getting 10,000 protestors who are meant to be paid 500 baht each per day and then expect 1500 baht for 3 days thats 1,500,000 (1.5m baht) baht your holding which is a huge temptation to just take and run. In case here the lower organisers at village level also did not get their cut because main area organiser had done a runner.

Up to this time it used to sicken me to have to drive home past so many Taksin posters around the village and nearby. Since then a lot of posters have gone and recently i hardly see any. Of course come the next election they probably will still sell their vote to Taksin if he's around since they hate BKK elite so much and don't think it matters anyway.

So if Taksin's enemies have learnt from Taksin all I can say is you need to fight fire with fire.

Living here id take my chances with any other than Taksin since in 30 years here I've never seen such a evil corrupt government totally controlled by a single mad megalomaniac.

• Like 2

good if its true then borrow your enemies tactics I only know for a fact a lot of my wife's friends are going because they are fed up with Taksin and his lot and previously i personally saw in front of my house red shirt organisers taking ID cards and handing out money to truck drivers for petrol. That was during first red shirt mob. The next time their were no pick up trucks outside our house (my wives house). I asked why and was told they had not been paid for last time except for a small advance and local red organiser had done a runner with the money. Its quite possible given my own eyes that they can't get mob out so much this time not because they suddenly understand they have been duped by Taksin but because a lot have not been fully paid for previous times. If your a red organiser and you get a cut for every supporter you can buy to protest. Its big business for a lot of them. They each have their own turf which is given to them either for a payment higher up or as a favour for a family member. Before that sure most parties bought votes and Taksin was clever to make people believe not only was he buying the vote he would help them as well and also play very cleverly on their dislike for BKK elite. He was however first to develop a network of paid agents who could make a nice living from getting a mob together. The problem in our local (very red) area was the organiser simply ran away with money meant to pay for protesters. If you get 100,000 baht commission for getting 10,000 protestors who are meant to be paid 500 baht each per day and then expect 1500 baht for 3 days thats 1,500,000 (1.5m baht) baht your holding which is a huge temptation to just take and run. In case here the lower organisers at village level also did not get their cut because main area organiser had done a runner.

Up to this time it used to sicken me to have to drive home past so many Taksin posters around the village and nearby. Since then a lot of posters have gone and recently i hardly see any. Of course come the next election they probably will still sell their vote to Taksin if he's around since they hate BKK elite so much and don't think it matters anyway.

So if Taksin's enemies have learnt from Taksin all I can say is you need to fight fire with fire.

Living here id take my chances with any other than Taksin since in 30 years here I've never seen such a evil corrupt government totally controlled by a single mad megalomaniac.

Only 26 years 'in country' for me, but I have to agree with everything you have said!

Nearly midnight and emotions on both sides getting hotter. Nattawut making rousing speeches. Suthep doing the same for the other guys. If this lot meet on the street, they won't be exchanging phone numbers.

Someone's going to have to back down and in this country that is hard to do.

I have been receiving Facebook updates all afternoon from my wife's Thai friends.

They are going all out to break ptp this time. They are all going to try to organise in Khon Kaen. Make our break now.

Ssshhhhh!!! The Thai apologist will now verbally attack you for that one. I was. LOL

Cantankerous, on 24 Nov 2013 - 20:44, said:snapback.png

You must have come across some very lucky one for it seems no one else has been paid, certainly none that have gone from here.

Of course it could be more red BS, we have seen plenty of that.

As an aside, the reds from here apparently have not gone this time, last time they went they got 200b and some rice.

Seems there are peed off for when they got there they learnt that those from Issan had been paid 1000b.