News_Editor

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1400049176.103872.jpg

UKIP seems to have many candidates of different colours, perhaps they should rename themselves the rainbow alliance.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

http://news.sky.com/story/1260888/ethnic-minority-poster-girl-quits-ukip

A student described by Nigel Farage as "the future face of UKIP" has quit the party, accusing it of racism....Aye smile for the cameras ...i,m sure you know a few future members of the UKIP

yes its just a tad illuminating is it not that nontebury defends the UKIP so vigorously , as his family members and himself would be the first to fall foul to their policies if he was brave enough to take them back to a UKIP England.

Why would I and my family fall foul of UKIP's policy if I were to return to the UK.lease tell.

Embdy's entitled tae thir ane imaginary personae, eh that's right, theo', eh, Ray, whithter thir oan the church flair in Crayglockar' or cheerin' oan the Arabs oan the Sands ae Tannadice

That's raight, Imam, Theur's no point speculatinG wheur soombody may or may not be, even if theu're the appointed Video Referee. No point.

None at all, Ray.

Come on Lancashire Laddie, answer my post 1175, why would I have problems returning to the UK with my Thai family in the event of a UKIP government. I am sat here worried to hell.what am I to do, luckily we don't intend to go to the UK for another 18months, that should give you plenty of time to make up an answer.

Restriction on comments on Scottish BBC pages

Now Unionists supporters on this thread when i first brought this up ,asked for me to provide a link,,again stating that i was using a SNP bias propaganda ,. and in their customary tactic basically said i was lying

Here is one of the links doing its rounds on social media web pages

It is topical and it is factual and it is not SNP,,,,

The unionists out there ,care to back up your propaganda statements and does not exist comments SPECIFICALLY in regards to blocking of Scottish comments on the video shown?

Oh and this is also on the american media now as requested by an american researcher

,Seems they have clicked as well,,that the media coverage is not what it seems

• Like 1

A number of off-topic posts and replies have been deleted. A question was asked of a poster, it was answered. That is the end of that discussion.

Stay on topic.

• Like 1

Where the mainstream media has failed abysmally in its duty to properly scrutinise the No campaign, the online community has stepped in. It is news websites that provide reliable information it is bloggers who supply in-depth analysis and pertinent commentary. The mainstream media is being sidelined in a way and to an extent that few would have believed possible when the referendum campaign began.

This has obviously caused problems for Better Together. The mainstream media is, for the most part, still a reliable ally that the British establishment can count on. But it is not the overwhelmingly powerful ally that they assumed it would be. The entirely predictable response has been to attack the alternative media. To turn some of the vitriol that had previously been reserved for Alex Salmond and the SNP on those who carry the banner of the independence cause in the virtual worldhttp://peterabell.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-cybernat-diversion.html.

• Like 1

not only are they refusing to release polls ,,they are also refusing to attend Scottish parliament meetings

http://newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-politics/9187-westminster-criticised-after-home-office-refuses-to-give-evidence-to-holyrood-committee

The UK Government has been criticized for failing to live up to a pre-election pledge to visit Holyrood on a more regular basis – after Home Office representatives refused to appear before a Scottish Parliament committee.

As part of the European and External Relations Committee’s inquiry into independence, the Home Office was invited to send delegates to give evidence on citizenship and immigration.

But the UK Government department rejected the request by letter on 12 May – sparking condemnation from the Committee’s convenor, SNP MSP Christina McKelvie.

What possible reason could the UK government have for keeping this secret???

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27404418

And using public money for it, well done Kelly Brown.

Cameron is visting Scotland cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif , Good luck with that Dave........

First we have posts accusing the BBC of pro unionist, pro UK government bias; now we have a link to this BBC article accusing the UK government of covering something up which would benefit the Yes campaign if made public!

Make your minds up, boys. The BBC are either biased against Scottish independence or they are a trustworthy source of news beneficial to the 'Yes' campaign; which do you believe?

• Like 1

Cameron is visting Scotland cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif , Good luck with that Dave........

First we have posts accusing the BBC of pro unionist, pro UK government bias; now we have a link to this BBC article accusing the UK government of covering something up which would benefit the Yes campaign if made public!

Make your minds up, boys. The BBC are either biased against Scottish independence or they are a trustworthy source of news beneficial to the 'Yes' campaign; which do you believe?

As the government has been caught out fair and square, and because the issue has been plastered across multiple news outlets, the BBC must be seen to also report it in order to back up their clearly bogus claim of impartiality. Of course, the count of pro to anti will remain very much skewed toward the latter. That goes without saying.

• Like 2

Congratulations Scotland, wear those skirts proudly. giggle.gif

You must be referring to our government's impressive stance in advocating LGBT rights, and the proactive approach that they have taken to protecting minorities?

Lots of work still to be done there, of course, but I certainly think that the people of Scotland can be proud that they have some of the most progressive LGBT laws in Europe.

• Like 1

Come on Lancashire Laddie, answer my post 1175, why would I have problems returning to the UK with my Thai family in the event of a UKIP government. I am sat here worried to hell.what am I to do, luckily we don't intend to go to the UK for another 18months, that should give you plenty of time to make up an answer.

Come on where or where is your reply, this could be very important not only to me, but also to many other British Citizen here in Thailand who may be thinking of returning to the UK, or is this another piece of deliberate miss-information from you.

As the government has been caught out fair and square, and because the issue has been plastered across multiple news outlets, the BBC must be seen to also report it in order to back up their clearly bogus claim of impartiality. Of course, the count of pro to anti will remain very much skewed toward the latter. That goes without saying.

Ah, I see.

If they report something you don't like it's because they are biased.

If they don't report something you do like it's because they are biased.

If they do report something you like it's only because other media outlets have reported it; because they are biased.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Ah, I see.

If they report something you don't like it's because they are biased.

If they don't report something you do like it's because they are biased.

If they do report something you like it's only because other media outlets have reported it; because they are biased.

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Why does that sound so funny to you? Possibly you are too closed minded to consider it, but there is plenty evidence from people far cleverer than me who suggest that I am not ready to join the tinfoil hat brigade:

Overall, however, both [Reporting Scotland and STV News] feature a preponderance of anti-independence statements, a majority of anti-independence evidence and a heavy personalisation of the debate around the character of Alex Salmond with the latter often portrayed as selfish and undemocratic - Dr John Robertson from University of West Scotland

http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/john-robertson/bbc-bias-and-scots-referendum-new-report

Whilst I would tend to trust his credentials over yours, I am willing to consider equally qualified responses. Can you please post your CV here so I can make a more balanced decision?

• Like 2

Why does it sound funny; well on reflection it isn't. Paranoia is not something to laugh at.

But cherry picking 'facts' to 'prove' a point is.

Here is where your argument falls flat on its face so your only response is to suggest that I have psychological problems. Do you really have nothing better than that to offer?

I provided you with an academic paper that backs up what I and many others perceive to be true. If the esteemed author is wrong, please prove it with a paper of equal academic weight to show how he is wrong. Or maybe just resort to your current tactic of making childish, facile and, ultimately, pointless posts.

• Like 2

Dr Robertson is not a member of the SNP; but he is an avid supporter of Scottish independence.

His paper, which contains no references and little data to back up his findings, has been questioned by many academics. and contains many inaccuracies.

BBC rejects 'thought-control' claim.

However, BBC bosses completely rejected the allegations, insisting the report contained factual inaccuracies with quotes from people who did not feature in its reports and lines that its journalists did not say.

BBC Scotland director Ken MacQuarrie said Mr Robertson refused the BBC's requests for his raw data.

continued at source

Edited by Boo
fair use

Dr Robertson is not a member of the SNP; but he is an avid supporter of Scottish independence.

His paper, which contains no references and little data to back up his findings, has been questioned by many academics. and contains many inaccuracies.

BBC rejects 'thought-control' claim.

However, BBC bosses completely rejected the allegations, insisting the report contained factual inaccuracies with quotes from people who did not feature in its reports and lines that its journalists did not say.

BBC Scotland director Ken MacQuarrie said Mr Robertson refused the BBC's requests for his raw data.

Erm... well they would say that, wouldn't they?

You specifically point out that the author is an "avid supporter of Scottish independence" as if this is a negative aspect, then you back up your position with comments by the head of the organisation under dispute. Do you not think that Mr. MacQuarrie could also have the same charge leveled at him with far greater success?

So, to reiterate, I provided you with an academic paper that made a claim about a public body. Your rebuttal is simply to offer the denial by said public body. Please, where is an independent confirmation of BBC impartiality?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I believe you said this a couple of days ago 7.

"The answer to the question "Why wont Cameron debate Scottish independence with Salmond?" is simple, and has been answered many times. As Prime Minister, Cameron cannot get involved in the referendum campaign; on either side."

So what is Cameron doing in Scotland today??? I guess he is not getting involved in the referendum campaign eh?

"on either side"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by phuketjock
  • Like 2