Suthep urges people to seize government offices

Lite Beer

Rajamangala Stadium is located in Bang Kapi District, sub-district Hua Mak.

So - no, don't think it's covered by the ISA.

Last I checked, Bang Kapi is in Bangkok... Bangkok is covered by the ISA...

Since they were listing by district - no, Bang Kapi District is not Bangkok District

Clarification - Bangkok is both a province and a district within that province - since they listed Bangkok and then some districts contained with the province, they the ISA is listing districts, not the entire province.

Edited by airconsult

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since they were listing by district - no, Bang Kapi District is not Bangkok District

Clarification - Bangkok is both a province and a district within that province - since they listed Bangkok and then some districts contained with the province, they the ISA is listing districts, not the entire province.

Can you point to source that has Bangkok as a district of itself? I can't seem to find any supporting evidence of this...

Edited by GrantSmith

Can you point to source that has Bangkok as a district of itself? I can't seem to find any supporting evidence of this...

Bah - my apologies Grant - so used to the nations typically poor reporting and even worse translations of government announcements that I suspected they were still referring to Dusit.

Here is the PRD announcement (which is normally translated with fair accuracy) and from last night it does cover the entire province.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=7021&a=2

Guess they better vacate the stadium.....

BREAKING: Yingluck Shinawatra has declared a state of emergency in Bangkok and surrounding areas amid anti-government protests #Thailand

Which means what? she can now order the police to fire explosive tear gas directly at peaceful protesters just like big brother did.

Is it better with real bullets like Abhisit did than tear gas?

The difference being in this case, Abhisit was justifiable replying to armed red -rebels whereas the police used explosive tear gas against relatively peaceful protesters in a bid to enforce the fugitives wish for full control of the country.

• Like 1

Oh Suthep, that titfer. It's a scream.

Where did you get that hat
Where did you get that tile
Isn't it a knobby one
In just the proper style
I should like to have one
Just the same as that
(Where 'ere i go they shout) "Hello
where did you get that hat?"

Four dem wot don't speel proppa English like wot I do - titfer, an abbreviation of tit for tat = hat

Edited by Bagwan

What is more democratic than an elected government?

Good question.
Must start with: what is a real democratic election?
unfortunately: It is all about: money, money, and again money
It's bad when so called “elected leaders” have only their personal benefit in mind and do not work for there country.
But the problem arises when in a Parliamentary democracy the control systems, the self protection mechanism,

and sanctioning mechanism not work or be switched off.

For example, an elected leader or minister simply sell state assets, let's say a nice property Plot (market value 600 Mio Baht),

for a bargain price (200 Mio Baht) to family members or friends, only to grab the profit for their personal casket.

Thefting of state assets
Is that democratic?
No, the state assets belongs to all people.
I think many people in this country are fed up with this, ongoing for decades robbery, plundering, steeling and self- service mentality.
Thailand needs new honest administrators and not every two years a revolution / coup.
And if they can not handle money, then this country should unite for a percentage of votes household budget distribution.

Every party has his plan budget, get the money and all parties must then submit the receipts to the Parliament and must explain where the money has gone.

Everybody complain about this vote buying.
Why is it so popular here?
Politicians would typically promise: “if you choose me, I will do this and that for you”,
but here they prefer cash money in hand..
Why?
The Voters do not trust them!
Edited by tomacht8

Somebody in the anti-Thaksin group should seize Suthep by the throat and throttle him. This is going WAAAY too far. You don't replace non-democratic behavior with non-democratic behavior.

Violence only begets violence.

Protest leader Suthep Thuagsuban has urged people throughout the country to seize government officials with their bare hands in a bid to overthrow the Thaksin regime.

What a load of crap.

He urged people in other provinces to follow the example at the ministry by seizing government agencies to protect themselves from the "illegitimate administration".

Nothing about seizing government officials with their bare hands.

More stupidly twisted alarmist reporting.

I suppose you only believe what you want to believe....naive at best if you think Suthep and his supporters are not capable of massive wrongs and violence.

All players are capable of massive wrongs and violence. Let us hope calm heads and peace prevails.

Bah - my apologies Grant - so used to the nations typically poor reporting and even worse translations of government announcements that I suspected they were still referring to Dusit.

Here is the PRD announcement (which is normally translated with fair accuracy) and from last night it does cover the entire province.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=7021&a=2

Guess they better vacate the stadium.....

No harm, no foul... I've even heard some refer to the ISA as a "State of Emergency" - 2 very different things...

Oh Suthep, that titfer. It's a scream.

Where did you get that hat

Where did you get that tile

Isn't it a knobby one

In just the proper style

I should like to have one

Just the same as that

(Where 'ere i go they shout) "Hello

where did you get that hat?"

Four dem wot don't speel proppa English like wot I do - titfer, an abbreviation of tit for tat = hat

Granted the hat looks a bit odd to me too, but then again I am neither a hat maker, fashion maven, political expert, comedian or saint.

Live and Let Live.

Edited by Benmart

I wish we could kick the annoying red sympathizers into their own forum so they leave us alone and stop wasting my brain cells reading their drivel....

So u mean TV should only be for yellows who are afraid of losing their last brain celles.

I don't mind sharing the forum with red supporters, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Would be fairly boring if the red fans were on one forum and the red haters (most of us are not Democrat fans, contrary to popular belief, we just can't stand Thaksin and anyone / anything associated with him) were on another.

The only ones I have no time for are the trolls and the banned posters who come back under another name. "Calgarry" comes to mind.

And the chronic Thai bashers should be kicked off the forum altogether for constantly breaking rule # 8, but for some reason they get away with it. whistling.gif

This massive protest in Bangkok is really no big surprise to most of us on TV. The Shinawatra clan has been instigating it for years. The people have had enough, even the northern and Issan farmers are grumbling about the government. Hope the whole Shinawatra clan ends up in exile, best thing that could ever happen to the country.

By using populist policies and vote buying, TS via PTP, is using the Thai democratic system's inherent weakness to get elected.

Yes its an elected government but non true to the principle of democracy as was intended by those who created and championed it.

Edited by smileydude

An elected government who is elected on their merits, not one that has paid for most of their votes, for a start.

A government that is not run by an on-the-run criminal, who is as crooked as a dog's hind leg, who used his (or his sister's) position to rip off the people who elected that dirty organization.

That would probably be more democratic than the den of thieves who masquerade as the present government.

Glad you asked that question. thumbsup.gif

We all know? Who are you referring to?

If majority do not support it, why are they silent?

You keep on using big words, without any merit

Er Quote:

I can't find all the inferences so:

returning to the subject

Because they won

and the time before

and the time before

and 2 times before that

A silent majority, a people who placed their vote, a vote for change, a vote that said they counted.

the untouchables are dumping their vote.

I see, so the silent ones , the red shirts just can not be bothered to make a trip? Or speak out?

Or have they not received the payments yet ??

Oh but wait, the very same government they voted for, has not even paid them for the rice yet ?

Gee, I wonder why they silent... Hmmmm

They not come out because the situation is difficult,nobody wants Suthep,but if the amnesty goes through,Suthep might goes free for his involvement in 2010,but I'm sure if the situation escalates they will come.Nobody needs or wants another unselected yellow,hiso government