Letter To Mr Thaksin

sanook mak

It'd help a lot if the police were paid a liveable wage instead of a pittance. Without an increase the corruption issue will remain alive.

You're right, of course, Dr. Pat.

I wonder how much would be sufficient enough in order to get them to actually police?

Hard to say....but a family man police officer genuinely can't afford things like school expenses for his kids

Dr Pat so true yet the policeman who lived opposite us in Khon Kaen owned a very nice new house two cars etc - maybe he was very frugal as a young constable. :o

I still find this thread interesting.

Did SM send the letter?

I guess we can assume if he/she did that it didn't work, right? :o

It was a harbinger of far worse things to occur than the social order crusade. It was a good letter and I hope it did get sent.

Perhaps updated letters detailing all the other concerns foreigners have could be written, then folded into little origami birds, and then air-dropped over Government House.

Edited by sriracha john

I dont think Dr. Shinawatra would give a rats ass about this forum or anything posted on it.

kiakaha you are probably correct as the man doesn't listen to anyone except his wife it seems.

Although someone in authority reads the board you only have to hark back to the time when a kind poster provided the address for customs auctions - this site is now barred and that was not by accident. There will be other examples I am sure they just don't come to mind at this moment

the love for his new found King

He's not your King, nor should you be so presumptuous.

He's the monarch of the country of which you're a guest, and a guest who doesn't like where he's staying should politely and quietly move on, rather than launch into grumbles behind the lead-in of a few mealy-mouthed deferential compliments.

Its not as if he even sent the letter to Thaksin.

Just whacked it on here. Usual gambit of luring people in by complimenting the sovereign, then letting rip.

Of course Sriracha John, the only free speech enjoyed by you is that which automatically and mindlessly slags off Thaksin, so I can see why you feel obligated to defend the OP. Heaven knows how you can stand living in such a place you critique and find so oppressive in every single post !!! LOL

Papa Laz

Its not as if he even sent the letter to Thaksin.

Just whacked it on here. Usual gambit of luring people in by complimenting the sovereign, then letting rip.

Of course Sriracha John, the only free speech enjoyed by you is that which automatically and mindlessly slags off Thaksin, so I can see why you feel obligated to defend the OP. Heaven knows how you can stand living in such a place you critique and find so oppressive in every single post !!! LOL

Papa Laz

you're being presumptious further...

... my comment was directed at your comment regarding His Majesty The King...

which is beyond discussion.

To me - this letter looks poorly written & doesn't really get down to any fundamental issues.

The letter seems to be made up of the following.....

Mr. Thaksin,

Whilst you read this opinion, please understand that this is only an opinion of one person, Farang as you might call him, of how he feels about the life he leads in the wonderful Kingdom called Thailand.

Firstly, he would like to say that the life he leads in Thailand is inspirational. He has learnt so much about his life away from the original country of his birth that this has only served him to become a better person. He owes this to the Buddhist culture that Thailand offers, the love for his new found King and to the Thai people he spends his time with.

A bit of self-effacting followed by some blatant sucking up topped off with a compliment to the king.

The writer is not so eloquent, not so educated or not so politically well versed as to imply a better policy, but he is real enough to understand when a policy is not real enough to work.

The writer asks you, Mr. Thaksin to take a look at how the policies your TRT party is trying to implement. As the writer of this piece can only see that true “social reform” can only come through the abolishment of corruption.

Self-effacing comments followed by a suggestion that Thaksin looks inside & sees the light. The comment about corruption is spot on but it's aimed at someone that is corrupt. Thaksin knows Thailand MUCH better than the OP and got his wealth via corruption (selling IBMs to his buddies in the police force)

Early closing time of pubs and bars can only take place if the police force enforces it, this I cannot see happening.

Infact, early closing can be truly achieved by cleaning up the police force. A true and honest police force ideally will be in control of such matters, and therefore claiming your “social order” campaign a success. Until this is achieved there will be no “social order” as the citizens of your country will be either out of work or unhappy in their lives.

This is the bit that kills me. The best way to continue this letter must be ANYTHING other than discussion about the time that the pubs close. I think there are bigger issues in Thailand to discuss unless the OP thinks he's discussing human rights.

Mr. Thaksin, you have claimed Thailand drug free, is this true? Without an honest police force how can you be sure of anything?

The people of Thailand have undoubtedly benefited from your leadership, and for this I am sure they are grateful, but the plans you have for Thailand will only ever become reality if you clean the police force.

Mr. Thaksin, there may well be some sinister reactions to my letter, but hopefully there will be some positive ones too. Please listen to your people, as they are Thailand.

Now we get to drugs - of course Thaksin knows Thailand isn't drug free. More sucking up followed by the suggestion that Thaksin may have a sinister reaction to the letter. I rather think he'll have stopped when closing time was mentioned.