Chalerm warns demonstrators to leave venues before they face serious charges

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The restraint shown thus far is commendable. Well done team red, the better people without doubt.

So you would have been full of praise for Abhisit in 2010, waiting nearly 4 weeks before doing anything. Great restraint.

Abhisit was the head of an elected government?

I think you need to read up on your Thai history.

You need to read up on the electoral process and parliamentary system.

Thank you for confirming in writing that you are indeed an idiot.

And people who think this govt has contravened the constitution hence are no longer democratic need to read up on the constitution. But so what? At least that's what many people say. The actual law is irrelevant. It's the moral principle that both grounds and sustains those laws. OK, perhaps they have a point. And so did red shirts regards what took place in 2008. Some people are willing to acknowledge this is true. I hope you're not a hypocrite in this regard, mrtoad.

• Like 1

The restraint shown thus far is commendable. Well done team red, the better people without doubt.

So you would have been full of praise for Abhisit in 2010, waiting nearly 4 weeks before doing anything. Great restraint.

You need to read up on the electoral process and parliamentary system.

Thank you for confirming in writing that you are indeed an idiot.

And people who think this govt has contravened the constitution hence are no longer democratic need to read up on the constitution. But so what? At least that's what many people say. The actual law is irrelevant. It's the moral principle that both grounds and sustains those laws. OK, perhaps they have a point. And so did red shirts regards what took place in 2008. Some people are willing to acknowledge this is true. I hope you're not a hypocrite in this regard, mrtoad.

I don't like the way either party puts together its coalitions. It's all about the money, but there is little difference in either bud.

Personally, lifetime bans for all of the current crop of politicians, and extended to all family members as well. No use of Proxys, and criminal charges actually bought against both Yellow and Red Shirt leaders that mean something. IN the interim, time to find some honest people, although that might be difficult.

• Like 1

*sigh*

Maybe you don't understand how PMs are elected in Thailand.

never mind, it's not worth the hassle, just another red troll.

Or maybe it's nothing to do with 'trolling' but rather a genuine disagreement. Some consider the law or correct procedure under the law the most important thing. Some consider the principle than undergirds the law. Of course, people are naturally adjusting their positions on this according to whichever side they support, but whatever.

I don't see any dis-agreement on correct interpretation of the law in this discussion - just answering a troll.

I don't like the way either party puts together its coalitions. It's all about the money, but there is little difference in either bud.

Personally, lifetime bans for all of the current crop of politicians, and extended to all family members as well. No use of Proxys, and criminal charges actually bought against both Yellow and Red Shirt leaders that mean something. IN the interim, time to find some honest people, although that might be difficult.

So you mean all current MPs should face a ban, regardless of party? Well, at least there's a principle of equality there...

Anyway, to clarify my point, the government hasn't technically broken the law according to the constitution, but many feel nevertheless, that it should go because it has transgressed the moral or democratic principles that undergird that constitution. And in 2008, Abhisit was legally elected PM. But many felt, what with the military being involved, the courts, the protests, that his ascension to PM wasn't particularly democratic. There's some similarity here, I feel.

Edited by Emptyset

Well Mr Chalerm.... Now u see wot happens when people don't care about the Law... Monkey see monkey do!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you just call him who sees himself as all powerful and magnificent , a monkey....

Why he may sue you for defamination or should that be inflamation because you made him hot

More likely you'll get sued by the monkey for the same reason.

Is this to be entered for the joke of the year, or are you just kidding?

Jesus Artisi he's only been on TVF half an hour, he's excited, but I agree he must be kidding.

Think it would be a fair bet that "Sunny Day" isn't a newbie at all, just one of the red-brigade with a couple of aliases, nothing new of course other than trying hard to push the little-red-wagon.

Agreed ... but is it a Red band-wagon, or a gravy-train, that they're all riding ? whistling.gif Either way 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

Chalerm is now so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, we should be prepared for a number of his medicated rumblings over the next few days, he hates to be left out.

I've just watched him in the censure debate, trying to get in the news. He was defending the appointment of Preowpan, Thaksin's brother-in-law as Police Chief, saying how good he was at drug suppression.

Irrelevant to the debate and he sounded terrible, hoarse and semi coherent. He said the doctor had forbidden him to drink but then when did Chalerm ever listen to anyone?

It's a start. Another 3 months or so and they will match the restraint shown by the previous government when the Red Shirts and Pheu Thai were demonstrating/occupying/shooting/burning/parading in Bangkok. I do hope that the situation is resolved quietly and peacefully before then.

• Like 1

I didn't realise that public-order was within the purview of the Ministry of Labour ?

Or does the former-DPM still labour under the delusion that he's somehow responsible for suppressing these anti-government protests ?

Didn't he get publicly-told to Butt-Out recently ? whistling.gif

Hopefully Chalerm's son will be leading the charge when they arrest Suthep the criminal. biggrin.png

You know about Chalerm's son right and how upstanding and law abiding he is?

Why do you think I mentioned it. huh.png

They're all the same mate, every single one of them, the only difference is one side get elected by the majority time and time again, the other cannot accept losing and spit the dummy Thai style - screaming, shouting, violence.

Read up on your Thai history DLock.

If purchasing an election qualifies in your mind as " getting elected" then you have a very convoluted perception of democracy

• Like 1

Jesus Artisi he's only been on TVF half an hour, he's excited, but I agree he must be kidding.

I'm still trying to pick myself off the floor after that one, he must be a stand up comedian in his spare time?

I didn't realise that public-order was within the purview of the Ministry of Labour ?

Or does the former-DPM still labour under the delusion that he's somehow responsible for suppressing these anti-government protests ?

Yeah he did, but the media seem to enjoy egging him on... When he holds a press conference, it's not for his political nuance that they froth over ;)

Yeah he did, but the media seem to enjoy egging him on... When he holds a press conference, it's not for his political nuance that they froth over wink.png

thumbsup.gif

"I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll look even more ridiculous, within 90-days, or I'll resign my Deputy-Prime-Ministership, and cut my own head off !" tongue.png

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

Mr's who is listening to it all on her machine says Chalerm has been taken to hospital again.

Someone else who is watching may be able to confirm of deny.

He just can't keep himself out of the news. I guess he's still within the 90 day target to die in.

It is the truth. Yellow shirts, who can never win an election, are now trying to seize power by a putsch. Government, whatever its failings, was elected by a landslide and deserves to complete its term until the next election. Period. Suggest Yellow Shirts assemble their many grievances and try to get a mandate from the Thai people in that election,

This is called Democracy. :)

• Like 1

It is the truth. Yellow shirts, who can never win an election, are now trying to seize power by a putsch. Government, whatever its failings, was elected by a landslide and deserves to complete its term until the next election. Period. Suggest Yellow Shirts assemble their many grievances and try to get a mandate from the Thai people in that election,

This is called Democracy. smile.png

You are absolutely 100%, right on the mark correct that the Yellow shirts can never win an election, maybe the reason is that they are no longer a political identity and never have or never will run for the position of government in Thailand.

Any further gems of wisdom you wish to enlighten us with.

Mr's who is listening to it all on her machine says Chalerm has been taken to hospital again.

If true, Oh what a shame, too much pressure our not enough attention being given to poor old Chalerm.

He just can't keep himself out of the news. I guess he's still within the 90 day target to die in.

It might be a little less painless falling down the stairs at Parliament than beheading himself.

• Like 1

By the way, seems like Abhisit is silent? 

He's saying they've gone to far.

He's probably reclining with a g+t waiting for the army to let him know that it's all done.

He spoke for a couple of hours at the start of the censure debate.

It seems he's stepped back from the protests, even suggesting (Morn as well) that Suthep is going a bit too far with the ministry occupations.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I don't see anything in Thai politics that demonstrates democratic principals. I don't see many, if any politicians in Thailand following the rule of law unless it suits them.

Without both of those you end up with a monarchy being governed in kaos. When will your lucky, or unlucky number come up.