Well, pigs really do fly after all.

Somtamnication

Went for a visa extension the other day. I didn't need any ticket, went in and out quite quickly.

One new thing (at least to me) is that the immigration officer carefuly checked in his computer if "I was a good boy". Apparently they are looking if my name appears in their system (police/immigration database I guess). When I asked why, the officer told me "because many russians up to no good".

• Like 1

A lot of money for Tabien Bahns and WPs to save a few hundred baht once or twice a year

well if you have some money over why not? and gives me 10% every year back.. coffee1.gif

I would expect a better return than 10% for the risk involved, and taking on such a depreciating asset.

i dont see the risks? they sold out ehm.. thumbsup.gif

A lot of money for Tabien Bahns and WPs to save a few hundred baht once or twice a year

well if you have some money over why not? and gives me 10% every year back.. coffee1.gif

I would expect a better return than 10% for the risk involved, and taking on such a depreciating asset.

i dont see the risks? they sold out ehm.. thumbsup.gif

Of course you don't see the risks. You can't lose in Thailand. Right? No one has EVER lost money here. :)

You should buy a beer bar as well. :) :)

Went for a visa extension the other day. I didn't need any ticket, went in and out quite quickly.

One new thing (at least to me) is that the immigration officer carefuly checked in his computer if "I was a good boy". Apparently they are looking if my name appears in their system (police/immigration database I guess). When I asked why, the officer told me "because many russians up to no good".

I have to go and pay a touist visa extension soon. I'm reading a lot of posts about how quick a visit is now, when before you had to wait a while.

I'm wondering if that's simply because there is an ever decreasing amount of foreign expats, and long term "tourists" like myself, here now.

Edited by NamKangMan