Yingluck denies Thaksin is 'mastermind' of govt; shrugs off 'stupid' comment

webfact

Yingluck, I will love you always. These guys are just mean. You can dry your tears on my shirt.

They will all really howl when they see who comes along to replace you. Serves them right. You will have the last laugh.

Like thay say there is someone for everyone.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the same as in "card-counting", having a decent IQ is obviously useful, but veteran counters will tell you that skills such as 'multi-tasking' and 'pattern recognition' are more important than genius-level IQ.

What happens if you have neither.

Pray you've got good looks or a rich family or both rolleyes.gif

It is the same as in "card-counting", having a decent IQ is obviously useful, but veteran counters will tell you that skills such as 'multi-tasking' and 'pattern recognition' are more important than genius-level IQ.

What happens if you have neither.

• Like 1

"denies Thaksin is mastermind" - what a ridiculous thing to say in the first place, what answer do they expect? She should have said something like "Oh yes, it's true, I didn't think you'd work it out" - the entire opposition would have absolutely no idea what to do next.

The level of politics in Thailand (on BOTH sides) is barely above that of a playground argument in a kindergarten.

Yingluck, I will love you always. These guys are just mean. You can dry your tears on my shirt.

They will all really howl when they see who comes along to replace you. Serves them right. You will have the last laugh.

Like thay say there is someone for everyone.

Actually, for once, I agree with Frank's 2nd paragraph. Getting YL to resign achieves what? Nothing and could be worse if elder sister is the replacement. It's the whole government that needs to resign because whoever is PM will be taking orders from the fugitive.

Also, I don't think she is stupid - just average intelligence - but is just out of her depth as PM. No one - except the diehards - believes she is really in charge and her loyalties will always be to her clan first. The country ranks about 4th.

Edited by khunken
  • Like 1

"People who work with me know what I am"

Finally. A comment, unscripted, off the cuff. Now just have to find if she's done any work with anyone else around.....

"People who work with me know what I am" - Yep and i think it's called........ 'stupid'
That name-calling and insulting is far from constructive. It doesn't help a bit to get out of the deplorable state the country is in. Because of it the intellectually challenged PM cannot deal with matters of state.

No, it's typically Thai. Name calling. So very,,,,,,,, childish

Problem is there isnt any party that isnt totally corrupt and out for what they can grab, Thais have no patience for elections or democracy hence the 22 or so attempted or successful; coups in the last 100 years rather than fight it out at election time.... no patience at all.

Politics are a joke in Thailand, always have and for the foreseeable future always will be.

Absolutely! Until there's a decent educational system here that can replace the current nationalistic brainwashing, there'll always be a population incapable of critical thinking & individual thought.

jdinasia f

Cool I happy for your partner, I'm sure she is a lovely person and educated as well, I do sincerely mean that.

It seems your partner and mine have a little in common, that they are both Uni grad's and both fluent in English, also without having not studied outside of Thailand and only out for holidays.

You volunteer that (your partner) graduated from "BU" would that be Burapha University in Chonburi? if so, that would be an excellent University indeed,,,

I believe it is currently ranked second in the 2013 University reviews & rankings, only toped by Chiang Mai university, which happens to also be the very same University Yingluk got her bachelors degree form. So I think it would be fair to say It's no slouch that has bachelors degree from Chiang Mai Uni.

I have listened to Yingluk speak and I have no problem with her English, sure it's not fluent but hey neither is my Thai, But Yeah there is room for improvement.

I hope the government corrects its course and stops its efforts to bring Thaksin back. If it actually begins to work for the people and removes some of the feudal institutions in Thailand, no party will be able to stop it. The democratic vassals should learn from PT and stop the lese majeste threats and the 3 ingredients of thai-ness (king nation buddhism) nonsense that is medieval and helps only the elite. Surely some party can represent democracy and accomplish something for the Thai?

• Like 1

If YL is so "stupid"

then what dose that make Kentucky state University after giving her a Masters degree? "STUPID" American university that have no even clueblink.png

Kentucky State is a tiny 4th tier public university and (like some posters on here) severely under-endowed. It has about 3,000 students and a drop out rate of almost 50% in freshman.

It charges very low in-state tuition and much higher tuition for foreign students.

The undergrad program there is listed in the low 3500's if you can find it listed at all.

note ait ---- you make the logical fallacy that just because YL is stupid that it means the school is.. The school is merely poor with very low admission standards for foreign students.

And poor schools are very happy to get large endowments.

Except in the case of the likes of Oak, the lesser Shinawatra,

allegedly he and mom Potjamin were allegedly forcibly removed

from a Texas school he was applying to when Potjamin tried to force

his acceptance using boat loads of money and her sense of entitlement....

Allegedly of course.

Allegedly that went rather badly.

As allegedly the coverup also was not complete.

Do you have a link to this story?

jdinasia f

Cool I happy for your partner, I'm sure she is a lovely person and educated as well, I do sincerely mean that.

It seems your partner and mine have a little in common, that they are both Uni grad's and both fluent in English, also without having not studied outside of Thailand and only out for holidays.

You volunteer that (your partner) graduated from "BU" would that be Burapha University in Chonburi? if so, that would be an excellent University indeed,,,

I believe it is currently ranked second in the 2013 University reviews & rankings, only toped by Chiang Mai university, which happens to also be the very same University Yingluk got her bachelors degree form. So I think it would be fair to say It's no slouch that has bachelors degree from Chiang Mai Uni.

I have listened to Yingluk speak and I have no problem with her English, sure it's not fluent but hey neither is my Thai, But Yeah there is room for improvement.

Having lived in CM for ten years and having known and taught a lot of CMU students I can assure you obtaining BA there is no great shakes. It never ceased to amaze me how some students obtained their degrees until I got to know how things are done here.

jdinasia f

BUU and BU are not the same universities.

You have also made another critical error in equating web rankings with academic rankings. Since BUU is nowhere near the top 2 universities in Thailand. (Neither is BU except for their Mass Communications program). BUU does do well in its Nursing program amongst others.

CMU is overall a decent university and well regarded in Thailand but its standing is in an overall capacity and does not rank with Chula, Thammasat, or Mahidol -- even though in some scales it gets an over all #2 for Thailand. BUU falls in at #11 overall. BU lands at 40 overall but #1 in Mass Comm.

To look at things in perspective .. KMUTT ranks 55th in Asia, (engineering school) Mahidol ranks 61st in Asia (Medical school) and CU ranks 82nd in Asia (due in part to the Poly-Sci department not being in demand outside of Thailand.) That being said there are particular schools inside of universities rated even better. The rankings tend to take the overall measure. For example Sasin Graduate school at CU is associated with Wharton and Kellogg and rates as top 10 in Asia.

For a flawed but acceptable overall list of academic rankings of schools in Thailand .. see this .. http://www.webometrics.info/en/asia/thailand

as for YL's English ... she has a Master degree from a program overseas (in the US) and is piss poor in English even with prepared speeches in front of her. (On the bright side ((pun intended)) she is better than her brother!)

• Like 1

If YL is so "stupid"

then what dose that make Kentucky state University after giving her a Masters degree? "STUPID" American university that have no even clueblink.png

Is Kentucky University the KFC equivalent of Hamburger University???

http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com/mcd/corporate_careers/training_and_development/hamburger_university.html

• Like 2

Thai politics is very complicated and perhaps beyond the comprehension of us foreigners .

If as a result of the current demonstrations this government fails , there will be a general election .

Effectively the same party will be elected even if under another name , so we might as well accept what the Thai people choose .

I guess the demontrations in Bangkok may have made the Baht to fall , giving us better exchange rates , so that's good news .

Suthep is raving on , sounding exactly like Hitler during WWII , my guess is that the red shirts in a stadium are the bigger crowd and peacefully contained .

jdinasia f

Having lived in CM for ten years and having known and taught a lot of CMU students I can assure you obtaining BA there is no great shakes. It never ceased to amaze me how some students obtained their degrees until I got to know how things are done here.

Correct. That's why I would vote for a English grad (like Mark) than a Thai grad (like Chuan) any day.

Here is what truly baffles me. The poor Thais worship Thaksin like he is a God but he has robbed them of billions of dollars through his monopolized cellphone company that he owned. Like Carlos Slim in Mexico he is a robber baron of the poor. Can they not see that he has screwed them out of their wages every time they used his monopolized phone company in the past? He has taken more from the poor Thais than any tax will ever do.

• Like 1

jdinasia f

Correct. That's why I would vote for a English grad (like Mark) than a Thai grad (like Chuan) any day.

Well, he might talk with a nice accent, but considering he went to the known best of the best, it hardly seems to have rubbed off in terms of political vision and principal.

Beyond that, I was regaled recently with someone who was extremely proud to have received their marketing degree from a not particularly well known former polytechnic in the Uk. Out of curiosity, I checked, and it was rated virtually bottom of everything as a university. So you see, sometimes overseas university isn't all it's cracked up to be. A bit like Yingluck.

Here is what truly baffles me. The poor Thais worship Thaksin like he is a God but he has robbed them of billions of dollars through his monopolized cellphone company that he owned. Like Carlos Slim in Mexico he is a robber baron of the poor. Can they not see that he has screwed them out of their wages every time they used his monopolized phone company in the past? He has taken more from the poor Thais than any tax will ever do.

It really is amazing isn't it. At least the bosses of Cp or the various Thai banks don't aspire to be Prime Minister. They just buy elections from the background.

Another case of he said she said. I wonder what the final outcome of what the people have to say will be.

And to reply to another poster Thai At Heart " Better someone you know, than someone you don't".

In regards to the Thais loving Thaksin and or being robbed by him.

Comparing your Thai with Yingluck's English is daft. For one, I suspect you weren't studying Thai from Kindergarten age. For two, I suspect you didn't successfully study a Master's degree all in Thai and in a Thai university. And for three, I suspect you have never put yourself forward for the job of running a country. If you did, and were Thai the world's international language, don't you think your lack of half decent Thai might give you pause for thought?

and reading prepared statements .... well, I am sure with a week's notice before speaking to a group of Thai's with a teleprompter or even note cards in front of me that I could do better. The thing is (contrary to a poster on another thread) YL's Thai is fine. She sucks as a public speaker, but she uses her native language quite well. When talking to a group of the "red masses" upcountry she makes herself understood without them thinking she is talking down to them, and with a BKK fashion reporter she can capture admiration from the folks with money without them thinking she is a bumpkin. (sorry, if she has to speak about macro-economics she is screwed no matter what!) -- that digression again is due to an assertion made in another thread that he "Thai isn't any good" -- I am sorry three times for mentioning it!)

This is the mentality of many Thais, they get handed a bank note and told who to vote for, they never question where the money came from and never worked out why they are poor.