Austudy, or Similar in Thailand

thedoctor

Hi,

Is there such a thing as Austudy or something simular in thailand,,,, Austudy Austalia,,,

Run by the thai government to finance and help those who are inteligent enough to go a to collage

Or unversity but are from a disadvantaged family And dont have the funds themself's

if you know where i can find such information on the internet please point me in the right direction

In English if possible,,

ps you can see i never went to a Collage or any Uni,,

Regards M

My gf has said that this is the scheme/website she used for her student loan.

http://www.studentloan.or.th/loan-kys.php

Sorry, it's all in Thai, but basically if a child's parents earn less than 200,000 THB declared income per year, a student is eligible for the scheme. If a parent has passed away or the parents are divorced, it's apparently easier as well. Likewise some high school students, from Mattayom 4 up, are eligible for some funding (or at least were when my gf was at high school).

Interest rates on the loan are around 1% per year, and repayments are only required after you finish studying (initially very low but gradually increasing, gf paid around 3000 first year, 7000 second, 10,000 third). Money can be borrowed for all of the course fees + around 2000-2500 THB per month for living costs (That was when my gf was studying, might be more now if they adjust for inflation).

I hope that this is of some assistance.