Speculation on the Baht

I have been studying the Sterling/Baht situation as I return from the UK in the New Year.

With the combination of political uncertainty in Thailand and the 'blossoming' economic situation inthe UK I am noting with pleasure that the Pound is creeping up. I am hoping for about 54 by the time I arrive which will counter against the rising costs in LOS.

The Pound could actually sprout a bit as things are now looking rosier in the Old Country with more in employment than ever before, inflation under control, interest rates low and increased manufacturing output.

Surprise! Surprise! It also helps not being tied to the troublesome Euro.

Edited by Beechboy

heres the five year chart http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/GBPEUR:CUR/chart

same at 1,20 at period start and end.

within +/- 10% approx 95% of the time.

your going to have to work a little harder on your propaganda or else try faking the stats on the exchange rate history. shouldnt be too hard to accomplish given your countries record on these financial things.

Edited by Stewpid Kynt
  • Like 1

your going to have to work a little harder on your propaganda or else try faking the stats on the exchange rate history. shouldnt be too hard to accomplish given your countries record on these financial things.

Eh?

You seem to have some axe to grind.

btw, it's you're not "your." Such illiteracy reduces any argument even further.

It also seems that we have met a voice in the wilderness in favour of the Euro concept. Are you German by any chance? Certainly not Greek, Spanish, Italian, Irish ... and so on and so on.

Edited by Beechboy

Eh?

It also seems that we have met a voice in the wilderness in favour of the Euro concept. Are you German by any chance? Certainly not Greek, Spanish, Italian, Irish ... and so on and so on.

you seem to be living in fantasy land

Eh?

If you think Euroland is well managed ,then you my friend are the one living in a fantasy ,if it wasnt for countrys like Britain and Germany ploughing in money the whole thing would have collapsed long ago .

2005 Euro Baht 53 today 43.6 Smart money got out of Euro in 2005. No brag just fact.

so if you maybe missed the full frontal and actually can read the above graph, you would then deduce that smart money would have also exited the pound. were talking euro linked to the pound above from you quote of my post..

No one really knows, but I'm watching it closely as I'm about to send 80k from UK to thai account. I expect the baht might improve by next weeks big birthday (as the protests will subside), but what will happen after this. Most thai's are saying the protests will get even bigger afterwards

More to do with uncertain Baht. If Thais raise interest rates then reality will kick in.

Bank of Thailand lowered its key interest rate from 2.5 to 2.25% Wednesday afternoon. That probably caused most of the baht depreciaton that occured Wednesday afternoon (versus the protests) and will probably carry-on into today/Thursday. But when it comes to Forex flipping a coin may be as good a predicter as anything else.

Sent from my Onda V971 tablet

• Like 2

Look at the eur/thb chart, add the MACD indicator and you will see that it is rising on every longer time-frame. That means the euro is going up.

Add to that the political problems in Thailand and the positiv signals from the European industry and up we go. The crisis in Thailand is just about to begin.

More to do with uncertain Baht. If Thais raise interest rates then reality will kick in.

Bank of Thailand lowered its key interest rate from 2.5 to 2.25% Wednesday afternoon. That probably caused most of the baht depreciaton that occured Wednesday afternoon (versus the protests) and will probably carry-on into today/Thursday. But when it comes to Forex flipping a coin may be as good a predicter as anything else.

Sent from my Onda V971 tablet

The tide comes in the tide goes out. Just make sure you have a tide chart to not get in over your head. Only problem is there is NO tide chart for currency exchange...it there was we'd all be rich.