Just back from my first tourist visa run to Laos

I would recommend spending A few days il Laos,or other countries around Thailand.It would be good just to get more educated.

I agree. Fly out of here for a few days. Many good deals on flights. Get a Tourist Visa in a different Country every once in a while. At least do a border run to Cambodia to break up the monotony. Next month, we are going to Penang. I think you can only get a single entry visa. Then it would be kosher to go back to Laos for a multi-entry. I have the Philippines on my schedule after that. I take so many trips, that getting a tourist visa is inconvenient. (I feel i need to stay put for two months and use it all).

I could get a Retirement Visa, but even though we rent a home full time, my rent is only 2500 a month. We look for flight deals and good places to fly out to (which we would do regardless of any tourist/retirement visa).

Many ways to skin a cat........

• Like 1

I would recommend spending A few days il Laos,or other countries around Thailand.It would be good just to get more educated.

I agree. Fly out of here for a few days. Many good deals on flights. Get a Tourist Visa in a different Country every once in a while. At least do a border run to Cambodia to break up the monotony. Next month, we are going to Penang. I think you can only get a single entry visa. Then it would be kosher to go back to Laos for a multi-entry. I have the Philippines on my schedule after that. I take so many trips, that getting a tourist visa is inconvenient. (I feel i need to stay put for two months and use it all).

I could get a Retirement Visa, but even though we rent a home full time, my rent is only 2500 a month. We look for flight deals and good places to fly out to (which we would do regardless of any tourist/retirement visa). 

A nice trip would be to Bali for a 3 entry tourist visa. Just show one ticket out of Thailand at any time during its 6 month validity.
  • Like 2

I really don't know why anybody would pay the 100 baht to have 5 minutes of paperwork filled out.

I know the answer(s) you seek, so I'm gonna give it (them) to you, in no particular order:

1) 100 baht just isn't "really" that much money, especially for a BM* like me.

2) I'm lazy.

3) I wanted to help the local economy.

4) I saw a line of farangs at the table so I just got in line before someone else got in line before me.

5) And finally, I was too nervous to fill it out by myself, after reading all these visa run horror stories on TV.

So now you "really" know why...

*Baht Millionaire.

RikDao

Thanks, enjoyed reading your report.smile.png

I went to Vientiane a couple of years back, both for a tourist visa and holiday, 5 days.

I found it quite pleasant, at some point I`d like to go back and see a bit more of the country.

• 1 month later...

I won't go into the reasons why, but we used the services of a Vientiane visa agent before and it was worth it.This time, we used them again and were totally ripped off. They have zero influence in the embassy. Don't use them. They are a total waste of money.

Also, they are clamping down on Philippine applicants now and won't give them a double entry tourist visa. A single entry was all they would give my sister in law.

I just wish we had gone to Savannakhet. Not such a nice city, but the consulate gives you an easier time. Unless that has changed since last year.

I won't go into the reasons why, but we used the services of a Vientiane visa agent before and it was worth it.This time, we used them again and were totally ripped off. They have zero influence in the embassy. Don't use them. They are a total waste of money.

Also, they are clamping down on Philippine applicants now and won't give them a double entry tourist visa. A single entry was all they would give my sister in law.

I just wish we had gone to Savannakhet. Not such a nice city, but the consulate gives you an easier time. Unless that has changed since last year.

I would be interesting to know how many back to back visas the sister in law had in her passport before being refused

never heard of this before. There's a Thai consulate in Bali? ...giving three entries? Interesting. I have a problem with my sister in law. Filipina.. we just got one single entry from Vientiane...

A nice trip would be to Bali for a 3 entry tourist visa. Just show one ticket out of Thailand at any time during its 6 month validity.

None. she was with us before but there was a gap of about a year. There is a blanket ban on Philippine people getting more than one entry ....certainly from Vientiane

I would be interesting to know how many back to back visas the sister in law had in her passport before being refused

• 2 weeks later...

Essentially is this a two month and then pay 1900 Baht at your local Immigration office for the last 30 days?

With the recent changes for G7 countries you can get 30 days by land crossing for free (well 10USD in Ranong on the Myanmar side) How long is the Visa valid until is it three months or six months, if the latter you can stay 9 months. Please let me know I was thinking of doing the same.

Yo, sorry I didn't make that clear, since this post is really aimed at newbies. Yes, I got a dual-entry tourist visa that is good for 60 days, which I will extend for another 30 days at an immigration office here in Thailand, making it roughly three months in total.

its possible to get 6 months out of it

I have used the hustler guy before (one of them anyway), when I was in a couple of difficult situations. In his defense, that guy can get sh*t done.

Also, I was refused at Vientiane once, basically for having a Thai girlfriend (along with too many entries). They said it was obvious that I was not a tourist because my girlfriend was standing right next to me, so I must be staying for her rather than being a tourist. From the way they talked, it seemed like they would have been ok with it if my girlfriend wasn't with me. I guess you can't be a tourist and have a girlfriend at the same time. They just handed me back my passport at the application window, no visa for you.

If you are already married, why not get the non-o visa instead? If you have enough savings or proof of income, that can be extended for one year. Or you can get a multi-entry non-O good for one year of entries from some consulates. I just got that one from Savannakhet. If you plan on staying a long time, the tourist visa will eventually become harder and harder to obtain.

what was ur next move after visa refusal ?

come back on visa on arrival ?

did u got visas from them before in ur passport?

or from other locations? how many ?

thx

You can get a about 6 month out of a 2 entry tourist visa. That is 60 day entry then 30 day extension then a new 60 day entry before enter before date of visa and then another 30 day extension.

They seldom refuse a visa in Vientiane they will only allow a single entry and tell you no more or put a stamp in your passport.

After that it is border runs for exempt entries or going to another consulate for a visa.