Thai protesters break into army headquarters

webfact

The guy in the blue shirt in the pic does not look to THAI to me. the army will not budge with a few hundred people. they will need to see a hell of a lot more to be convinced to COUP which will destroy thailand as a tourist haven for a long while.

This is not easy for the army as they p[robably like me, can see no side is good for this country.

Well what you say may be true. With a little luck the PTP will step down and call for a new election and the Democrats get in. This time not having to rely on a pack of wolves to support them in moving Thailand ahead.

If Thaksin was to try to bring the government down with an illegal coup attempt they would stop him right now not in two months. They learned their lesson in 2010 You can not trust Thaksin and the red shirts they will negotiate with no intention of carrying out any agreements they may come to unless it is 100% for them.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are reported to be inside the building now. Rather than some of the inane comments about the Thai army here, this development may reflect more on their possible reluctance to side with the corrupt government. Secondly, said government is now running scared. The last thing they need is bullets flying (again).

You are absolutely right about the inane, or may I say stupid, comments about the army.

People tend to forget that the army has a described and stated role in the upkeep of the Kingdom AND the country.

That is why the Army is in quite a bind at the moment, ridiculing them does not really help.

You know, I dare say that in most countries in the world, if a crowd breaks into the Army HQ, the response from the Army/government is to start cracking heads. These protesters are just beginning for it. They are completely out of control now.

How many countries in the world have a Prime Minister living in a self imposed exile and still running the country?

think it out there has been plenty of clues on the thread.thumbsup.gif

You know, I dare say that in most countries in the world, if a crowd breaks into the Army HQ, the response from the Army/government is to start cracking heads. These protesters are just beginning for it. They are completely out of control now.

you are absolutly clueless ..its planned ..god where have you been this last month....in a coma...or hampton court maze..hahahahahaha

At least they don't start shooting like they did with the Abhisit and Suthep government.

Well done Yingluck and the Royal Thai Army.

This time the deocrats want to get the army involved but the army will not respond. After all if they respond and take over the country and call another election the democrats will be once again beaten. The last election they won was in the early 90's. As I said many times before the democrats are irrelevant.

How many countries in the world have a Prime Minister living in a self imposed exile and still running the country?

think it out there has been plenty of clues on the thread.thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

It doesn't really matter. Yingluck was elected and that's the end of the story. The democrats have another 1 1/2 years time to prepare for the next election but as they can't win they want to provoke a coup. The coup is not coming this time and the democrats loose big time. Abhisit, Korn and Suthep are a bunch of looser's.

• Like 2

Anti-Thaksin demonstrators break into Army HQ

army-hq2-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hundreds of demonstrators led by the Network of Students and People for Thailand Reform broke into the headquarters of the Army on Rajdamnern Nok Avenue with no resistance from guarding soldiers.

The demonstrators have been holding out in front of the headquarters of the army since yesterday, leaving only a lane for vehicles to go inside.

The Army chief, Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, and four other top brass were not in the HQ. They have switched to the headquarters of the First Army Division a few days ago and set up a temporary headquarter there.

The army chief has earlier advised all his soldiers not to use force but adopt utmost tolerance in dealing with the demonstrators, saying the Army is siding with the people.

Demonstrators told reporters their forced entry to the HQ was intended merely to ask soldiers to be on their side.

They pledged to leave the headquarters after they gave flowers to senior soldiers late this afternoon.

(Photo courtesy of Pat_ThaiPBS)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/anti-thaksin-demonstrators-break-army-hq-2/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-29

The army chief has earlier advised all his soldiers not to use force but adopt utmost tolerance in dealing with the demonstrators, saying the Army is siding with the people.

Doesn't sound to go for Yingluck here she is the minister of defense and the Army Chief says they are with the people.

Be interesting to see how much the BIB are with the Shinawatra's. I don't think their hide behind the trees approach will work this time.

I wonder if Yingluck still thinks the two years of trying to white wash her brother was the rite thing to do?

I corrected the spelling. At first I had Yingkluck.

So the Thai Army is innefective, what are the supposed to do, Shoot the protesters! attack them with riot shields and baton rounds or just let them sit on the lawns and get bored at no reaction, whatever they do someone is going to criticise them, usually someone with an axe to grind, the gaurds on the gate were probably withdrawn to a place of safety just in case some idiot grabbed a rifle to empty it into the crowd which would have sparked a major confrontation as everyone would blame the services for "overreacting" sometimes it is better to wait it out than create serious incidents, how many of the peolple who have made these crass and cynical comments have actually served in the armed forces ? most soldiers just want to do their time and survive any conflict they are not police, they are not trained in "minimum force techniques", they are taught to fight & stand the ground they are defending & obey orders from those of superior rank, have a look at most countries "Oaths of allegiance" they are all very similar, look at the escalation of the problems in Northern Ireland when the Army went in, the IRA couldn't believe their luck, Bernadette Devlin was a hero to them not because of what she did but the fact they put the Army in to quell the MOB.

Yes, but the majority of the Thai population are just poor, not crazy as in Ireland.

• Like 1

This is a coup d'etat in the making. Mrs. Sinawatra should step down, not as an admission of guilt, but simply because a large part of her people don't support her anymore. That is democracy. Then a caretaker government and new elections ASAP

Funny you should suggest that, but i thought a democracy gives power to the majority, not to a mere 180,000 out of 62 million rolleyes.gif

See, somehow you managed to get the same mindset as Thaksin! ... Democracy does not give unlimited power to the majority and as soon as the party in power fails to follow the rules of a democracy they lose legitimacy.

• Like 2

All you people having a go at the army for letting them through the gates, what would you prefer they did? Empty their clips into the crowd?

You forget it is their own people, most of the soldiers will be bent one way or the other about the same issues.

There is also a risk of using your army against your own population, when your firing into the crowd and your platoon mate happens to see his mother in that crowd, where do you think his next bullet is going?

<deleted>, they let them onto the front lawn and told them "do not come into the building" So they stood down but at the same time drew a line in the sand. (stick to it or not I don't know, I hope not if it comes to it)

In conclusion I would bet everything I own including my first born that if that had been a foreign mob and not their own country men and women you would of had your bloodbath that so many of you seem to of want to see.

Tear gas usually gets a result .

Anti-Thaksin demonstrators break into Army HQ

army-hq2-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hundreds of demonstrators led by the Network of Students and People for Thailand Reform broke into the headquarters of the Army on Rajdamnern Nok Avenue with no resistance from guarding soldiers.

The demonstrators have been holding out in front of the headquarters of the army since yesterday, leaving only a lane for vehicles to go inside.

The Army chief, Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha, and four other top brass were not in the HQ. They have switched to the headquarters of the First Army Division a few days ago and set up a temporary headquarter there.

Demonstrators told reporters their forced entry to the HQ was intended merely to ask soldiers to be on their side.

They pledged to leave the headquarters after they gave flowers to senior soldiers late this afternoon.

(Photo courtesy of Pat_ThaiPBS)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/anti-thaksin-demonstrators-break-army-hq-2/

-- Thai PBS 2013-11-29

Doesn't sound to go for Yingluck here she is the minister of defense and the Army Chief says they are with the people.

Be interesting to see how much the BIB are with the Shinawatra's. I don't think their hide behind the trees approach will work this time.

I wonder if Yingluck still thinks the two years of trying to white wash her brother was the rite thing to do?

I corrected the spelling. At first I had Yingkluck.

Well if thats what the army say, just who are "the people" the 180,000 protesting or the 62 million who are at home watching ?

• Like 1

The Thai Army ain't worth shit........its just as well they have the Pattaya ex Special Forces Battalion to back them up.

Yes, assisted by the reserve Company down at Phuket. clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25>

Don't discount the Nana brigade.

wade72, on 29 Nov 2013 - 18:42, said:snapback.png

All you people having a go at the army for letting them through the gates, what would you prefer they did? Empty their clips into the crowd?

You forget it is their own people, most of the soldiers will be bent one way or the other about the same issues.

There is also a risk of using your army against your own population, when your firing into the crowd and your platoon mate happens to see his mother in that crowd, where do you think his next bullet is going?

<deleted>, they let them onto the front lawn and told them "do not come into the building" So they stood down but at the same time drew a line in the sand. (stick to it or not I don't know, I hope not if it comes to it)

In conclusion I would bet everything I own including my first born that if that had been a foreign mob and not their own country men and women you would of had your bloodbath that so many of you seem to of want to see.

Ok, I understand what you mean

The Thai Army ain't worth shit........its just as well they have the Pattaya ex Special Forces Battalion to back them up.

Yes, assisted by the reserve Company down at Phuket. clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25>

Don't discount the Nana brigade.

Forget them, they are only admin wallas. Not the real fighting men.

A gallant fighting force if there ever was one, waiting like a coiled spring just ready to pounce, into action when China comes to extend its territory I hope they will be quicker to respond.

Pretty profound statement, any supporting information you would like to add.

Looks as though Suthep has told the sheep to go stir up the army, get them out on the street. But the army are not biting ! at least not until after 5th., then Suthep, look out.

Probably one of your more stupid statements to date, clearly it's just an extension of the occupation of government property being undertaken, and why would a non-aggressive occupation their front yard bring them onto the street - no need while everyone keeps their cool and the paid red thugs are kept at bay.

This is a coup d'etat in the making. Mrs. Sinawatra should step down, not as an admission of guilt, but simply because a large part of her people don't support her anymore. That is democracy. Then a caretaker government and new elections ASAP

Funny you should suggest that, but i thought a democracy gives power to the majority, not to a mere 180,000 out of 62 million rolleyes.gif

The same old argument, majority majority - YL doesn't and never did have the majority - just more paid up politicians joining with the PTP at the behest of a criminal to form a government. If the non-PTP politicians changed side - YL wouldn't be PM.

Tear gas usually gets a result .

Especially when firing explosive tear gas canisters directly at people, guess we are lucky that the Thaksin red thugs aren't in control now.

"Two anti-government supporters suffered minor injuries. They might have been hit with a wooden stick," said provincial police commander Major General Smithi Mukdasanit. It's possible.

Does this have any thing to do with the subject being discussed - seem to remember reading this in another forum at a different venue.

This is not a good sign. The Thai army does not exactly have a record of showing great restraint. I am not sure if they should be pushing them this hard. What is to be gained? Are they looking for anarchy? What is the goal in this? Is this just a lot of goons that are out of control? During the red shirt fiasco three years ago the red shirt leaders completely lost control of their supporters. Will this happen again? Is this happening again? I do not interpret this as a good sign of things to come. Hope I am wrong.

why do they always mention that thaksins government has won every election for the last 10 years ?? !!!

its should read: "Thaksins government has bribed and paid money to voters so that it was able to win every election in the last 10 years)

their status as government is no more valid than abhisits government being put in by the yellow shirts!

there has not been one single democratic leader in the country!!!

just coz the pheu thai (thaksin) government won the elections,, they are completely scam and fake because they paid money to voters!

where were the constitutional judges then? !!!

I am getting more and more convinced that The Nation and ThaiVisa are bias to what is going on.

Just visit all the other online news agencies and you know what I mean.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that TVF would be censored.

I always thought it was impartial.

Edited by Thainy Tim

I am getting more and more convinced that The Nation and ThaiVisa are bias to what is going on.

Just visit all the other online news agencies and you know what I mean.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that TVF would be censored.

I always thought it was impartial.

I've seen it all now. TV reactionaries claiming The Nation is pro-Red! hahahahahahaha!