• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulation for thai army.

Brave and strong team cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I hope when Burmians or Cambodiams come they will be a bit stronger ....

There is a subtle difference between fighting with foreigners invading your country and dealing with citizens of Thailand. You can hardly expect the soldiers to shoot, bludgeon or bayonet Thais, especially considering the controversy still lingering from the demonstrations a few years ago, They seem to be dealing with the situation in a way that keeps them out of the political divide, at least for the time being and doing it with more dignity than police in some other countries that dare not be named.

The guy in the blue shirt in the pic does not look to THAI to me. the army will not budge with a few hundred people. they will need to see a hell of a lot more to be convinced to COUP which will destroy thailand as a tourist haven for a long while.

This is not easy for the army as they p[robably like me, can see no side is good for this country.

"The guy in the blue shirt in the pic does not look to THAI to me."

What the hell is that supposed to mean. Do you have a prototype picture of a Thai? Specifications?

What does a Cambodian look like?blink.png

And I doubt that the army "probably likes you".

Obviously the blue shirt was a disguise to cover up that he is a low flying CIA drone on a mission. <deleted> who cares?

These idiots have broken so many laws now it will be easy to prosecute them if anyone of the services, police army, whomever has the balls to act and put an end to this ridiculous situation.

I guess it will be the airports again soon,they got away with it before.

????? when???

​Didn't the people you refer to have red shirts at the time?

My relations are in this protest and are neither red nor yellow...just pissed off ordinary people.

Edited by Mudcrab

Can any of you imagine what would happen in your home country if a large group of protestors not only cut the power to your police station, but stormed and took over the army headquarters? There would be blood on the streets.

Thailand never disappoints. Amazing Thailand indeed.

• Like 2

Can any of you imagine what would happen in your home country if a large group of protestors not only cut the power to your police station, but stormed and took over the army headquarters? There would be blood on the streets.

Thailand never disappoints. Amazing Thailand indeed.

Quote from earlier in the thread

The army chief has earlier advised all his soldiers not to use force but adopt utmost tolerance in dealing with the demonstrators, saying the Army is siding with the people.

Makes a lot of the comments about imagining if this or that happened in their home country redundant.

Who was on guard duty? Fiddle Dee and Fiddle Dum?

God help the realm if it were ever invaded "again"

We saw how good they were at the onset of WW11 and they went on to declare war on the US and Britain.

What a pitiful excuse for a military giggle.gifcoffee1.gif

Just don't mention the Baan Romklao incident 87-88 when Thaksin's friend Chavalit Yongchaiyodh (than Prime minister of Thailand) raising the Thai flag over it. The Lao government insisting the village was part of Botèn district of Xaignabouli province of laos. Thailand replied that the village belonged to Chat Trakan district of Phitsanulok Province. Lao forces staged a night attack on the small Thai garrison, driving the Thai soldiers from the village and replacing the Thai flag with that of the PDR Laos. Serious fighting followed, continuing for weeks until a cease-fire was declared on February 19, 1988.

The brief war claimed a total of about 1,000 casualties, the Thais suffering more heavily since for much of the war they were attacking entrenched Laotian positions.

"Protesters are demanding the end of the "Thaksin regime" and want to replace the government with an unelected "people's council"."

An unelected peoples council is not a good idea. It is quite likely that such a scheme would become the top dog of corruption and.... Hey. Wait a minute. Thats what we already have isn't it?

Yunglik should be giving it her full support.

These idiots have broken so many laws now it will be easy to prosecute them if anyone of the services, police army, whomever has the balls to act and put an end to this ridiculous situation.

????? when???

​Didn't the people you refer to have red shirts at the time?

My relations are in this protest and are neither red nor yellow...just pissed off ordinary people.

post-51-0-94168000-1385724426_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is total Anarchy! Day by day, the protestors are advancing quickly in numbers giving hope to more and more citizens that no backlash will happen. Soon enough they'll take over the airport come Christmas time.

What are a couple of untrained 5ft tall guards supposed to do against ten thousand unarmed people, shoot some? The last time they did that you guys criticised them.

Civil unrest is an awkward situation to deal with and these protesters know it.

Thaksin was kicked out for two reasons, he gave money to the poor rice farmers, which the rich hate and he got rid of many of the drug dealers, which upset their rich bosses.

Whatever you do don't upset the rich and powerful.

Read the article properly, so that you might be able to avoid exaggeration....

Hundreds of demonstrators led by the Network of Students and People for Thailand Reform broke into the headquarters of the Army on Rajdamnern Nok Avenue with no resistance from guarding soldiers.

..........and not, as you suggest "then thousand (unarmed) people".

As for avoiding upsetting the rich and powerful, it might be appropriate to include Thaksin in there, as there is plenty of evidence floating around to suggest that quite a lot of people learned that the hard way.

If any students there, sign the buggers up for a couple of years.

They are reported to be inside the building now. Rather than some of the inane comments about the Thai army here, this development may reflect more on their possible reluctance to side with the corrupt government. Secondly, said government is now running scared. The last thing they need is bullets flying (again).

Good post I was thinking there for a while all we were going to get was red shirt level thinking.

I am not worrying about the bullets flying as long as there is no red shirts in the area. They were the ones to start the firing in 2010. Let us hope they don't put on a different shirt and start shooting. That is the real danger.

This is a coup d'etat in the making. Mrs. Sinawatra should step down, not as an admission of guilt, but simply because a large part of her people don't support her anymore. That is democracy. Then a caretaker government and new elections ASAP

Funny you should suggest that, but i thought a democracy gives power to the majority, not to a mere 180,000 out of 62 million rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

So the Thai Army is innefective, what are the supposed to do, Shoot the protesters! attack them with riot shields and baton rounds or just let them sit on the lawns and get bored at no reaction, whatever they do someone is going to criticise them, usually someone with an axe to grind, the gaurds on the gate were probably withdrawn to a place of safety just in case some idiot grabbed a rifle to empty it into the crowd which would have sparked a major confrontation as everyone would blame the services for "overreacting" sometimes it is better to wait it out than create serious incidents, how many of the peolple who have made these crass and cynical comments have actually served in the armed forces ? most soldiers just want to do their time and survive any conflict they are not police, they are not trained in "minimum force techniques", they are taught to fight & stand the ground they are defending & obey orders from those of superior rank, have a look at most countries "Oaths of allegiance" they are all very similar, look at the escalation of the problems in Northern Ireland when the Army went in, the IRA couldn't believe their luck, Bernadette Devlin was a hero to them not because of what she did but the fact they put the Army in to quell the MOB.

• Like 1

All you people having a go at the army for letting them through the gates, what would you prefer they did? Empty their clips into the crowd?

You forget it is their own people, most of the soldiers will be bent one way or the other about the same issues.

There is also a risk of using your army against your own population, when your firing into the crowd and your platoon mate happens to see his mother in that crowd, where do you think his next bullet is going?

<deleted>, they let them onto the front lawn and told them "do not come into the building" So they stood down but at the same time drew a line in the sand. (stick to it or not I don't know, I hope not if it comes to it)

In conclusion I would bet everything I own including my first born that if that had been a foreign mob and not their own country men and women you would of had your bloodbath that so many of you seem to of want to see.

Edited by wade72

Hopefully there are no delayed plans for violence amongst the anti-government leadership. If there are it could get ugly when such plans are launched. Let's consider that these peaceful protests have now gained entry to nearly all the ministry buildings, the police HQ and the army HQ. All peaceful up to this point and what a way to lull the government into a "no worries" mindset. How easy for these protestors to once again gain entry wherever they like with those in power believing that nothing bad will happen other than some whistle blowing and flower deliveries. Wouldn't THAT be a surprise?