Phuket construction zoning map

Sooooo ...You think Phuket has zoning laws...(ie laws that regulate the type of construction or business's that can exist in an area)....WOW...get a clue ...TIT

You can build what you want where you want....haven't you noticed the factories right next to housing estates!!!

They MAY have a zoning "plan"...BUT implmentation?....I think not.

Sooooo ...You think Phuket has zoning laws...(ie laws that regulate the type of construction or business's that can exist in an area)....WOW...get a clue ...TIT

You can build what you want where you want....haven't you noticed the factories right next to housing estates!!!

They do have rules governing how many meters above the ground you can build, what percentage of land you can use for housing for example. Otherwise we would see many more condominiums.

And then there are plots of land that you can't use at all, like land that belongs to Natinal park or beach land.

Yes,....totally agree.....but those height limits etc....those are for buildings you want to build that have automatic approval....where I live its 7 stories, if no windows on the side (setback half meter), etc....

But ...that being said....you want more ....design, submit and get it approved ....and good to go!

No, but have noticed the housing estates right next to the factories

In Phuket the zoning is set by the amphur. We live in Kathu and the amphur office is fairly efficient about zoning, building types, heights etc. We had a bit of hassle with a neighbor wanting to build 3-story house in front but that would have exceeded height limit and such was disallowed. Phuket has had some recent major shakeups in land issues and the officials are a bit more inclined to follow the laws and regs. Inclined if not totally compliant.

• Like 1

In Phuket the zoning is set by the amphur. We live in Kathu and the amphur office is fairly efficient about zoning, building types, heights etc. We had a bit of hassle with a neighbor wanting to build 3-story house in front but that would have exceeded height limit and such was disallowed. Phuket has had some recent major shakeups in land issues and the officials are a bit more inclined to follow the laws and regs. Inclined if not totally compliant.

Agree. If you take a look at the blur zoning map here: http://media.phuketgazette.net/images/articles/2011/phuket-1-10740yoTyqPAsFuAdxdfRPqLfQVhtIN.jpg you will see that it is true. Condominiums are only rising in yellow zones (dcondo, zcape, projects around central area), whereas in green zones like the area around Kathu Waterfall there are no high rise buildings at all.

I have also seen case when investor didn't comply with the height requirement and in the end couldn't use the building.

Still anyone has a clearer version?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this thread but I had a conversation today where we wondering what the yellow and green zones are supposed to mean in regards to building restrictions. Anyone ?

Googling comes up with the same map and I cannot read the legend either , tried copying it to zoom it up but it is unreadable.

Thanks