Doing laundry

Indrid Cold

Relax and enjoy your life!

If you had a Western woman, you'd do the washing, cleaning, cooking and a 60 hours job. Everything else would be misogynistic....

...plus, she would keep 100% of her earnings, you have to give 50% of your earnings to her, and pay all of the bills from your remaining 50%.

My wife fusses a bit if I do laundry....not because she thinks I do not know how to do it, but because she thinks she is not 'taking care'.

My take on it is if I walk past the washer and the dirty basket is full, I will load the machine and set it off.

As a bonus, I *almost* have the wife trained to put the soap in before the clothes...

If you had a Western woman, you'd do the washing, cleaning, cooking and a 60 hours job. Everything else would be misogynistic....

I am very relaxed about this, it is enriching my life here. This not talking is just something she does to ad some drama, no big deal, when she is angry for real she is far from silent.

...plus, she would keep 100% of her earnings, you have to give 50% of your earnings to her, and pay all of the bills from your remaining 50%.

They are rather keen on my earnings here too but gf do share her income in a never ending supply of provisioning.

Introduce a National Rugby League

this would encourage strength and determination in the youth.

Promote rugby union

This would promote discipline and teamwork

Introduce curling

This would encourage careful consideration and precision

Introduce shinty

This would promote a gay abandon with respect to injury in promotion of team goals

Introduce the bagpipes

This would be consistent with the Thai enjoyment of cacophonous noise, while promoting fitness and the outdoor life

Encourage single malt distillation

This would promote a more discerning palate and a greater appreciation of subtlety and cuisinal delicacy

SC

• Like 1

Promote rugby union

Introduce curling

Introduce shinty

This would promote a gay abandon with respect to injury in promotion of team goals

Introduce the bagpipes

This would be consistent with the Thai enjoyment of cacophonous noise, while promoting fitness and the outdoor life

This would promote a more discerning palate and a greater appreciation of subtlety and cuisinal delicacy

SC

mmm - interesting; and possibly worth further discussion. Personally I'd have lumped the gay abandon bit in with the bagpipes - but hey it's your list

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Promote rugby union

Introduce curling

Introduce shinty

Introduce the bagpipes

SC

mmm - interesting; and possibly worth further discussion. Personally I'd have lumped the gay abandon bit in with the bagpipes - but hey it's your list

To be fair, I thought I was replying to the "Six Point Plan to Save Thailand" thread, though great posts are welcome anywhere.

I'd popped into the pub on my way to the launderette, and I bumped into an old friend from many years ago

"My apologies," I said

"Nae bauther, Cowboy, d'ye want anaur beer?

"Of course, but it;s only fair to warn you that I have to pick up my laundry before 10 pm"

Sure, and it's not a problem, we'll go up to the 365"

So anyway, we found ourselves at the 365, me slightly casually dressed for a trip to the laundrette

"I'm sorry sir, but you're a little casually dressed, and you can't come in wearing shorts"

"Not a problem, mate. I've got my laundry here".

And a quick doffing of the breeks and a donning of something more appropriate for a respectable venue, and in we went.

Lazarus, on his way back from the morgue, offered something similar with respect to questions regarding his varicose veins, but luckily I was able to look away in time

SC

• Like 1

Promote rugby union

Introduce curling

Introduce shinty

Introduce the bagpipes

SC

To be fair, I thought I was replying to the "Six Point Plan to Save Thailand" thread, though great posts are welcome anywhere.

I'd popped into the pub on my way to the launderette, and I bumped into an old friend from many years ago

"My apologies," I said

"Of course, but it;s only fair to warn you that I have to pick up my laundry before 10 pm"

So anyway, we found ourselves at the 365, me slightly casually dressed for a trip to the laundrette

"I'm sorry sir, but you're a little casually dressed, and you can't come in wearing shorts"

"Not a problem, mate.  I've got my laundry here".

And a quick doffing of the breeks and a donning of something more appropriate for a respectable venue, and in we went.

Lazarus, on his way back from the morgue, offered something similar with respect to questions regarding his varicose veins, but luckily I was able to look away in time

SC

Ah! Understood, but subtlety brought back on thread. Well done

Promote rugby union

Introduce curling

Introduce shinty

Introduce the bagpipes

SC

"My apologies," I said

SC

Subtlety, like wind, is best left unmentioned. Rain, on the other hand ("It's fuckin' pissin' it doon" "I'm sorry, Graeme ,what did you say?" "Ah said 'It'sfuckin' pissin' it doon SIR'") or sun ('turned out nice again, mother') are always a topic for jovial conversation.

Are we still on the six point plan?

SC

Promote rugby union

Introduce curling

Introduce shinty

Introduce the bagpipes

SC

"My apologies," I said

"Not a problem, mate.  I've got my laundry here".

SC

Subtlety, like wind, is best left unmentioned.  Rain, on the other hand ("It's fuc_kin' pissin' it  doon" "I'm sorry, Graeme ,what did you say?" "Ah said 'It'sfuc_kin' pissin' it doon SIR'") or sun ('turned out nice again, mother') are always a topic for jovial conversation.

SC

Laundry man! Laundry! For God's sake Pay attention

Promote rugby union

Introduce curling

Introduce shinty

Introduce the bagpipes

SC

"My apologies," I said

SC

Subtlety, like wind, is best left unmentioned. Rain, on the other hand ("It's fuc_kin' pissin' it doon" "I'm sorry, Graeme ,what did you say?" "Ah said 'It'sfuc_kin' pissin' it doon SIR'") or sun ('turned out nice again, mother') are always a topic for jovial conversation.

SC

Laundry man! Laundry! For God's sake Pay attention

It smelt more like a plan than laundry

I am at no circumstances at all allowed to come anywhere near the laundry, although I would not mind doing it. My GF freaked completely out one day, when I started filling the washing machine.

In rare cases, I am allowed to help with cleaning, but have mostly given that up because my GF will not leave me alone while doing it. My GF is VERY traditional and although she has a full time job, she insists that she takes care of things at home. Luckily I am allowed to do the shopping and cooking, without her feeling uncomfortable and insulted. I love cooking and she loves my food, so that is great.

We once stayed a week with some friends in my home country and she was truly shocked, when she saw how much housework the man did in that house. I was a bit worried that she would change her mindset after that experience, but luckily she still has her traditional and old fashion view on things thumbsup.gif

VERY different from the western women that I have lived with before... But I have learnt to live with it... biggrin.png

I give mine to the lady across the way in exchange for free internet wifi for her and her family. I force her to take a token gesture of 200 Baht a month because what I give her is essentially free while she has to pay for electric and washing powder. I keep telling her not to iron the stuff but to no avail.

If only my wife would not talk to me if I washed my socks with her shirts! One pair of socks with one shirt everyday, it would be wonderful!

Edited by wayned

I frequently wash clothes, underwear socks TShirts trousers: mine and my wifes mixed.

The only complain I get is that I select some wrong program and her clothes shrink.....so I shouldn't wash her sensitive clothes.

But in fact she gets more fat and according to the guide there is no program that let her clothes grow together with her...

• Like 2