What Do You Pay For, For Your Girlfriend?

skoperism

Just curious about how you and ur wife/tgf handle finances.

1. If you go out 10 times - Just say to a resteraunt, movies ect on average how many times will you pay? How many times will your gf pay?

2. Maybe your tgf has less money than you / Do you still expect her to atleast, make a effort paying for a percentage of items in your relationship?

3. Any other comments about how you handle fincances with your partner? Thanks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious about how you and ur wife/tgf handle finances.

1. If you go out 10 times - Just say to a resteraunt, movies ect on average how many times will you pay? How many times will your gf pay?

2. Maybe your tgf has less money than you / Do you still expect her to atleast, make a effort paying for a percentage of items in your relationship?

3. Any other comments about how you handle fincances with your partner? Thanks

When I take my wife out....I pay. I thought that was common practice.

My wife does not work, so the answer is academic.

Please understand, the general expectation of the most senior (big) person to pay will take the whole bill. Generally food, unless you are being silly is ery cheap and the imposition is very little.

Depends on the girl/wife/circumstances.

The g/f I had back in '98 paid for everything. I gave her so much a day, and after that she took care of our expenses.

However now, the sweeeeet young thang I'm seeing lets me take care of the sordid business of paying the bills :o

In my world, the man is the bread winner. If the man can't make a helluva lot more cash than the lady, then he is a weakling in my book. He is a mouse not a man. And if he allows her to pay when he's sitting on the mound of cash, then he is not worthy.

Edited by monochaser

In my world, the man is the bread winner. If the man can't make a helluva lot more cash than the lady, then he is a weakling in my book. He is a mouse not a man. And if he allows her to pay when he's sitting on the mound of cash, then he is not worthy.

Your living in a different century mate, or maybe your affraid of woman who can command as much or more power than yourself. :o

My lovely does not work any longer and does a good job taking care of the house, in addition to full time TV viewing. I therefore take care of all household expenses. I would like to know if it also customary to pay the wife a monthly salary (stipend) and also a similar amount to the family.

Man, i'd love to find a girl who can earn more money than me and let me stay at home, watching tv, surfing the net and generally being a layabout :D

Nice dream, unfortuantely the reality of the situation is... i'm still looking :o

Sometimes I pay, sometimes she does. Often it depends which one of us remembered to hit the ATM that day. In my mind being weak is when your sense of manhood is dependant on something so superficial as money when there are so many more aspects of a persons' personality that are more important than the size of their bank account.

cv

Man, i'd love to find a girl who can earn more money than me and let me stay at home, watching tv, surfing the net and generally being a layabout :D

Nice dream, unfortuantely the reality of the situation is... i'm still looking :o

Well ive tired the when we have a kid i will stay home looking after the kid and you go to work coz your the one with the master degree and probaly earn more then me as i dont have shit. She looked at me oddly and said are you drunk??

Thought maybe i could pull it off but i guess not aye.

Now gotta think of a new idea.

Sometimes I pay, sometimes she does. Often it depends which one of us remembered to hit the ATM that day. In my mind being weak is when your sense of manhood is dependant on something so superficial as money when there are so many more aspects of a persons' personality that are more important than the size of their bank account.

cv

Agreed cv, my gf quite often won't allow me to pay even though I earn more...in reality though it works out about 50/50. Although I do pay the mortgage (that alone is more than her monthly take home).

Eventually I fully expect her to earn more than me though (she is 7 years younger than me). I have no degree, just life experience which doesn't count for much here in Thailand whereas she has her bachelors and is currently studying part-time for her MBA as well as working.

Ultimately its a partnership of equals :o it doesn't matter who pays

Edited by moonoi

As I'm a student here I don't have any income, only making debts. We agreed on renting a 2 room apartment instead of a single one on the condition that she would be working. She would have to pay the electricity bill and could keep the rest for her shopping needs. All other expenses including food going out etc. are mine.

Reality is that I pay everything. Whenever she has income as she offenly changes jobs she is all to happy to pay for everything, she insists and mostly it's spend within 2 days :o

As in my case...

When we were still in school together.....50/50

When we were dating......I pay for the meal.....she pays for the tip

Now we're married.....It's comming from joint account

When we are - with her family in Thailand.....We pay for the meal and they pay for the tip.

When we are - with her friends in Thailand.....always 50/50

Don't have a Thai GF - the wife will not let me :o

I work and earn well, she works on the odd Saturday etc to help her friend (flower shop). She gets money for this, and usually buys herself and me something as a treat with the cash (last Saturday I got a bunch of flowers - couple of weeks ago she bought a meal). Other than that, I pay. I don't really think of it as me paying. Its our money and we are using that.