TOT

DD13

TOT for goodness sake get your act together.........

I am totally fed up with the intermittent and slow reception........and they still expect to be paid

Weekends seem especially bad

I am in the Nong Plalai area ....are others experiencing these problems here and elsewhere ???

even posting this took an age for it to register

Edited by DD13

I don't think it's just TOT. I'm with 3BB in Ubon and connectivity has been pathetic for 2 or 3 days now. Very intermittent. On for five minutes then off for 15.

Is something going on?

Phone them up and they simply deny there is a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Commander Tamson

I'am at Bang Saray and with TOT and for the last few week the service has been abysmal...on & off every 5 minute and when it is on/working it is very very slow I have called the service center at least 20 times and just get fobbed off with any excuse...beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Two or three weeks back when the system was down, the help line people admitted at that time 'the system is broken' but even now and ever since then it has been slow, dropping out and generally very difficult to use. Called no end of times, the standard response is that they will send a technician but do not admit to a bigger problem when asked about it.

Everyone knows that TOT is the last option, unfortunately I have no choice here in Jomtien area.

My 10 mb line is giving me speed around 2-300 kb/s to Europe so only youtube videos work normally. And try to complain forget it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Everyone knows that TOT is the last option, unfortunately I have no choice here in Jomtien area.

My 10 mb line is giving me speed around 2-300 kb/s to Europe so only youtube videos work normally. And try to complain forget it.

No 3BB?

I'm on the darkside and have been using 3BB for 2 years with no problems. One neighbour uses True, another Dtac - no real problems also.

PS:Applied to TOT for a landline 2 years ago - nada.

Please don't be a hater, but overall I have been EXTREMELY satisfied (overall) with my experience with TOT over the years. Yes during breakdowns the customer service is quite frustrating, but there haven't been many of those and overall the reliability, speed, and price work for me really, really well.

Cheers!

Agree, i've not really had any major problems with them over a 7 year period.

Today in my condo 3 people are reporting no service with their 3 different providers but my TOT line has been fine all day.

• Like 1

Here on Thepprasit TOT's service has been OK of late. On Saturday it was fine in the morning - I supposedly have a 7 Mbps connection and was downloading a single file at over 5 Mbps so I can't complain at that, but in the afternoon the connection slowed right down and I had to give up and go for a beer. (The hardships we have to contend with here!) It's back up this morning and I'm currently downloading at around 6.5 Mbps. TOT's service isn't perfect, but it's generally cheap and cheerful and it does what it says on the can, at least in this area. I agree that the tech support is dreadful. The only way I've had a response from them in the past was to go to their office and shout at somebody. They can't risk losing face... smile.png

Edited by Guderian

We've had lots of problems over the years with ToT. So when 3BB can to our village, lots of people signed up. Almost all have gone back to ToT. It ain't great, but it was better than what 3BB was providing.

That "is" interesting Craig3365.....

My Pal called in earlier and he said that he was on a deal with BTV which included 3BB

We don't use our TVs', but I was sorely tempted to change to BTV to get 3BB

After what you have said, I think that I will stick to sticking pins in the TOT doll, and sending the air blue every 5 minutes

I think the situation is really location dependent. I've got friends who use 3BB in other areas and are very happy....well...mostly! TiT.

I would check with people around you and see what they have to say. One thing about ToT, they are pretty good about responding to problems. And normally don't charge you a penny for the services. Normally....

No 3BB?

I'm on the darkside and have been using 3BB for 2 years with no problems. One neighbour uses True, another Dtac - no real problems also.

PS:Applied to TOT for a landline 2 years ago - nada.

When I lived in Bangkok I used 3BB for 2 years and was very happy with them , it was just a 6mb line but I could watch almost any streamed content day or night.

So of course I tried to get 3BB here in soi watboon but no luck so far in this area. TOT has been a real disappointment . .

I'm down in NaJomtien. With ToT I normally get speed tests of 8-9 MBPS. Normally, never a problem streaming. Though it does hit a snag from time to time. Lately, they've been doing some work on the lines, so we've had a few "brown" outs. But overall, very satisfied. Torrents come down extremely fast.

If you've got problems, call the hotline and if they can't fix it, they'll send a tech out to research it. We've got lots of problems with rats eating the cables. They've got a tool that will find the weak spot and fix it if need be.

Anyone having troubles with TOT ?

My TOT line went dead around 10 minutes ago.

The ADSL light is on, but the Internet light is dead as a .... wink.png

Ps: Yes Router already rebooted, and typing this via my 3BB line.

Forget it, Internet came back on just after I finished typing this

Note to self: Please wait a bit longer before posting facepalm.gif

Edited by MJCM

Here is an interesting thing.

If you happen to have a lightning surge arrester box leading to an earth rod take a look at the terminals and nuts which are made from steel, this is unfortunate as your internet lines will be copper, If I remember correctly ferrous and non ferrous metals do not get on and fight with each other leading to oxidization and consequent lack of conductivity on your internet line, clean off the terminals and tighten them down with a spanner you will be amazed, I was thumbsup.gif

Symptoms are temporary loss of connection gradually getting longer until it stops altogether.