Samui Airport during BK rallies

Hello again.

Seems a lot of countries, including Hong Kong are avoiding BK Airport because of the rallies taking place.

My wife is due for arrival in Koh Samui in January. She is coming straight from Hong Kong.

Anything to be worried about? Samui Airport will be unaffected, correct?

Thx.

I know your posting is not meant to be very serious. Anyhow I would like to add how much Samui depends on the mainland. We would run out of supplies very quickly.

Check the production date of some products you just bought, I think its quite scary, even for the water from Macro, its often just filled a few days ago. There is probably very little of what we consume which has been produced in Samui.

Most stuff here comes by sea rather than air anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about running out of stuff.

Well if this situation in Bangkok doesn't improve drastically before christmas the island will be a tourist free zone (just like it was a few years ago with that absurd business with the red shirts) and it will be more a case of good food going to waste.

My wife is due for arrival in Koh Samui in January. She is coming straight from Hong Kong.Anything to be worried about?

Yes, the bird flu (H7N9 Influenza) cases in Hong Kong lately. ;)

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Most stuff here comes by sea rather than air anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about running out of stuff.

We ran out of tonic water for months last year and THAT WAS SERIOUS!

drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gifxsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

Not to mention the fact that we ran out of beer recently ohmy.png

My wife is due for arrival in Koh Samui in January. She is coming straight from Hong Kong.Anything to be worried about?

Yes, the bird flu (H7N9 Influenza) cases in Hong Kong lately. wink.png

Watch out if your wife starts sneezing! cool.png

• Like 1

Yes, the bird flu (H7N9 Influenza) cases in Hong Kong lately. ;)

You may not realize it, but your post is a bit insulting. My wife has not contracted this virus, nor her friends nor her family, nor her colleagues.

You comment is like saying "Yes, farang superiority complex in cases of Western countries" in regards to someones farang wife due for arrival.

Or even better:

"Yes, HIV", in the case of someone's gay lover is due for arrival.

The bird flu in this case, is from the Guangzhou region of China, particularly Shenzhen, which is a border town.

Perhaps you need to do a bit more reading up on it.

My wife does not mingle with live poultry.

I've read better posts from you in the past. This one was really stupid.

• 1 month later...

Yes, the bird flu (H7N9 Influenza) cases in Hong Kong lately. wink.png

Just to let you know, my wife has safely arrived as of one week ago, disease free I might add.

You can come out of your house and play if you like.

They better have an ample supply of chicken pies in the lounge on Thursday.....that's all I'm concerned about! biggrin.png

I got super ill eating them things at the airport once , I suffered all the way to Sydney.

• Like 1

Do you have a source for countries avoiding BKK airport. When did HK become a country out of interest?

When the Brits took it over.

When they gave it back to the Chinese in 1997 it became a Special Administrative Region within China. To outsiders - it is still a 'country' requiring different visas etc.

eg - I can land in Hong Kong without a visa, but I cannot do that in China. Legally that is.

They better have an ample supply of chicken pies in the lounge on Thursday.....that's all I'm concerned about! biggrin.png

I got super ill eating them things at the airport once , I suffered all the way to Sydney.

Yeah i felt pretty rough after eatibg 26 of them once. tongue.png

How you know? Who tell you?Orly ate a few, ahmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Like 1