New Car 100,000 bonus

Aoy999

Can Anyone tell me have they received there 20,000 Baht yet for buying a new car in 2012.

i have called the Revenue Department in Sriracha where i lodged my Official paper work, Banking details, and all relevant information to get the 20,000 per year for 5 years.

This has been approved last October but now no one wants to either pay up or want to answer my questions, yes i am a Thai National and i am even finding it hard to any answers.

• Like 1

We bought our car outright (not on credit) and it was just under 1m baht so expecting 100k rebate. Nothing yet and we bought end of October 2012 so thought it a little premature to start chasing them. Others are getting theirs though, so I don't think there is any cause for concern at this early stage.

• Like 1

Jezz, it is possible the girlfriend neglected to share it with you......., you need to send in a claim form I believe, but only Thai people are eligible to receive it. Hence, that is why she kept quiet about it?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, I paid in cash and one year almost to the day received a full 200 000b refund, not paid monthly.

I thought 100,000 was maximum

The scheme was a refund of up to 100,000 depending on the tax on the vehicle snd limited to vehicles costing less than a certain amount - 1 million I think but my memory could be faulty.

So depending on the tax on the vehicle you may get a lot less than 100k - ours was about $72k on a 4 door pick up and the gf received it about 13/14 months after taking possession of the vehicle.

The rebate is not automatic. The wife & I had a shit load of paperwork & running around to do & the amount you get back depends on the car,pick up you bought. We where entitled to the 100,000b because of the car we got & the wife called & got confirmed the money should be in the account on the 9th of this month. But it is the same with getting anything off the government be it here in Thailand or Australia or wherever they make you jump though the hoops to get it.

But I will say Jez24 if your girl has already owned a car in her name she was not able to get it, regardless if it was a new car or not & the paperwork and stuff that goes along with it when you 1st bought the new car was not done then, there is noway your getting anything back.

The wife and I purchased June of 2012 and received the full 100,00 refund July of 2013. However, I do recall reading TV posts stating that government was increasingly late with the payments.

The program is/was for Thai first time new car buyers. Wife says the process was rather painless and took about 1/2 hr to complete the registration.

Yes, we received the rebate (it is not a yearly amount for five years, but a total sum. If one sells the car during the five years period, the whole rebate has to be repaid), some months ago.

We got it too. Paid in cash for the wheels though.

Yes, I paid in cash and one year almost to the day received a full 200 000b refund, not paid monthly.

The maximum ammount you can receive back for purchasing a car under the scheme is TB100,000.

My wife bought a Nissan March for her mother in her mothers name, about 15 month ago and is paying it off over a 4 year period.

She has already received the refund of TB 72,000.

I purchased a Isuzu in Lop Buri in my wifes name in November 2012 for TB999,000 cash.

The Lop Buri Tax/Rebate office confirmed that I will receive the Maximum rebate of TB100,000 in December this year.

However now due to the Political unrest, I am not expecting the cash until the New Year, fingers crossed.thumbsup.gif

When it arrives, drunk.gif I will add it to this forum.

Curious to know if the whole sum is paid to those that have bought the car on the never never...surely and hopefully not?

yep, got 100k lump sum after 1 year, bought on finance arranged through Toyota (apparently refundable if sold within 5 years ;) )

• Like 1

The maximum ammount you can receive back for purchasing a car under the scheme is TB100,000.

My wife bought a Nissan March for her mother in her mothers name, about 15 month ago and is paying it off over a 4 year period.

She has already received the refund of TB 72,000.

I purchased a Isuzu in Lop Buri in my wifes name in November 2012 for TB999,000 cash.

The Lop Buri Tax/Rebate office confirmed that I will receive the Maximum rebate of TB100,000 in December this year.

However now due to the Political unrest, I am not expecting the cash until the New Year, fingers crossed.thumbsup.gif

When it arrives, drunk.gif I will add it to this forum.

smile.png On the 9th Dec exactly Bt100.000. was deposited into my wife's account via Swift Cheque. I was very surprised as I thought due to all the political strife it would take ages. However Thailand Government is still working and kept their promise.wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif So me and the little lady are heading off for a night on the town. burp.gif

• Like 1