Bangkok Immigration opens temporary office: Announcement

Taxi drivers all know Imperial Latphrao (& Big C) very well as it is an established landmark on Latphrao. You'll be fine. You can MRT it to Latphrao station and then take a taxi east along Latphrao.

Really no need for a taxi. There's a bus stop just outside the station and there are very frequent buses that go along Lat Phrao. Every bus passes and stops outside Big C. Just make sure you exit on the north side of Lat Phrao. The yellow, air-conditioned ones are the most comfortable. Number 8 to be avoided (crazy drivers, clapped out buses).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to tell taxi Big C, Latphao and if any doubt add "Imperial World" (which is the old name of original department/mall owner). There is another Big C on Latphao Road (old Carrefour).

Yes it was a mainstay of Red shirt demonstrators during the 2010 troubles (as cheap as Mall tower never finished and government took over many areas for offices in lieu of tax from my understanding). It is a popular and low priced mall type building and you are not likely to observe any protesters or shirts of any color. Even in 2010 it was not that scary.

Taxi drivers all know Imperial Latphrao (& Big C) very well as it is an established landmark on Latphrao. You'll be fine. You can MRT it to Latphrao station and then take a taxi east along Latphrao.

Really no need for a taxi. There's a bus stop just outside the station and there are very frequent buses that go along Lat Phrao. Every bus passes and stops outside Big C. Just make sure you exit on the north side of Lat Phrao. The yellow, air-conditioned ones are the most comfortable. Number 8 to be avoided (crazy drivers, clapped out buses).

The #40 yellow air conditioned bus runs a very long route from near Bangkok Noi on the Thonbury side of the river, across...through Yaowarat (Chinatown), past MBK and along the length of Sukhumvit to Sukhumvit 71 in Phra Khanong. There it turns left onto Suk. 71 which becomes Soi Rhamkhamheng. It ends up near the BanKapi Mall, a short moto ride from the Imperial Lad Phroaw mall.

A taxi from the Mor Chit area will run about B80, from Asok about B120.

Immigration police urge foreigners to use services at Imperial World Ladprao instead of Government Complex

BANGKOK: -- The Immigration Bureau announced on its web site that foreigners who seek immigration police's services at the Government Complex should instead seek the services at Imperial World Ladprao branch.

The branch is located on the fifth floor of the shopping mall.

The bureau said foreigners can find out for more information at its 1111 hotline.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-02

Just got back from the Ladprao [temporary] immigration office. Basically, it's organized chaos. [For all old-timers, it's like what a very bad day used to be like at Suan Plu 14+ years ago...]

If you've got anything complicated to do, expect a long wait. [i'd advise getting there as early as possible...]

That said, they've got computers etc. in there, so they can process 90 day reporting documents quickly once you're in front of the officer. [Getting to this stage though is the hard part ;-)]

Good luck!

I also just returned from the temporary office. A heaving mass of bodies; lots of pushing and shoving; nobody forming a line, just a throng of people all trying to shout louder than anyone else. And if there was any kind of queue ticket system operating, it had broken down under the strain. I had a Thai helper with me, and succeeded in getting my non-O (applied for 2 weeks ago at Chaeng Wattana) stamped in my passport, but even she found it a challenge to get anyone to pay attention to her. On my own I would have failed completely. I do hope Chaeng Wattana is back in business before I go for my retirement extension!

Edited by roberta

There are 7 days grace allowed after expiry of a 90-day reporting deadlines, so it may make sense to avoid the trek to Ladphrao for a few days in favour of visiting a more orderly Chaeng Wattana. ?

(Fixed rate 2,000THB fine [4,000 THB if arrested] for missing the deadline, but that seems a reasonable price when set against the bedlam that seems to be prevailing at Lad Phrao).

Edited by yang123

The creepiest part I found about having to shuffle through UDD HQ was the mural paying homage to Seh Daeng.

Funnily enough though the Red protesters were all huddled around a flat screen showing the Blue Sky TV Channel... But no noise from them...

I look forward to my next 90 day report back at CW

I was processed in about 25 mins after they opened the doors, #16 in the queue...

A lot - if not all - of the staff from CW had been sent over and were all in civvies.. I thought they did quite a decent job, given the circumstances.

It truly would have sucked to be an IO today!

I was speaking to a French gentleman and he'd made the trek to CW this morning only to find out that it was closed, he asked me where I'd gotten the heads up, I'd picked it up via social media. Took the poor bar steward 2 hours to get from CW to LP...

MaxLee: how long did it end up taking you?

You do realize that building is the red shirts HQ, right ? I found out by accident a while ago when I went there. Scary place, you would have to pay me to go in there again, I would rather overstay....

The scariest part is the traffic heading over there. Lad Phrao Road had recently been deemed the worst congestion in Bangkok.

I am about to do my 90 day report via the mail to the address below in order to avoid all the chaos. Anybody think that there may be a problem with this...?

90 Days Report Section

Immigration Bureau (MM, DIV.1)

Chalermprakiat Government Complex

120 Moo 3, Chaengwattana Rd. Soi 7,

Tungsonghong, Laksi,

Bangkok 10210

I am here now and I must say that it seems organized, considering the sudden shift without much planning available.

Lot of people here, which makes it feel more chaotic than it really is.

Tip: Arrive about an hour before 10:30 opening in order to get queue ticket. It helped get me in and out quickly after they opened.

Tip 2: Taking a native Thai speaker with you makes the experience relatively stress-free.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I am about to do my 90 day report via the mail to the address below in order to avoid all the chaos. Anybody think that there may be a problem with this...?

90 Days Report Section

Immigration Bureau (MM, DIV.1)

Chalermprakiat Government Complex

120 Moo 3, Chaengwattana Rd. Soi 7,

Tungsonghong, Laksi,

Bangkok 10210

I called the Immigration hotline this morning and ask the same question. They answered immediately and the gentleman I spoke with confirmed that if doing your 90 report by mail that you should address it to the Chalermprakiat Government Complex. So you have no problem.

Arrived at 9.20 this morning and picked up 90 day reporting form and a queue number (12). The main doors opened at 10.30 and by 10.55 I was waiting for the bus to take me back to MRT. All quite simple and straightforward with helpful staff. The secret is to arrive early as it was getting very busy by the time I left.

• Like 1

Went to immigration in Pattaya instead, yesterday, for my 90 days.. in and out in less than 5 mininutes, then some time at the beach, some good food, and came home early evening. Very relaxing and easy to do.

Might be worth a try for those near ekkamai or the Bang Na bus stations.

Edited by Soi Sauce

I finished my biz at Imperial today, came at 12.00 and was a bit chaotic to get papers sorted, but then got cue number and went for lunch came back and was actually over the cue.. still they took the papers, checked all and issued stamp within 20 minutes and thing was over. WOW! in chaeng watthana they have a bigger apparatus working and never they could finish this thing so fast. I am impressed and praise for thai officers today :)

there are 2 approaches - one from the mall side, one from the car-park side.
-Get any blank forms from the main door on the mall-side entrance
-Fill forms out and get them checked for completeness in the hall on the car-park side. Get allocated a number
-Queue up in the the mall-side hallway. They let people into the seated waiting area about 30 at a time, as it empties out. Processing order is strictly based on your number.

There are busy but orderly queues for both stages. Everything is streamed by nature-of-visit (90 days reporting, TR extensions, VOA/Exemptions, etc). It was pretty-well organised, I thought.

agree with the recommendation to arrive an hour before the actual office opens at 10:30, that should give you a spot pretty close to the front of the pack.

• Like 1