problems with uk tv

black fox

is anyone else having probs with uk tv, this morning i could'nt get anything on tv now this evening i can only get 3 channels on demo .. ive tried to get in touch with them but so far had no luck, if anybody else has probs id be interested just so i know its not my computer.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I think the company has just realized that it is giving away to much for free. If you pay the 490 baht/month then you will get all the channels. Most probably gone are the days where you will get more than 3 channels at a time for free. Makes sense as they are definitely not a profit free organization . . . .

• Like 1

I contacted them early yesterday morning and received the following message:

"Good morning.

We are experiencing some difficulties with the connection to UKTV.

This is due to the civil unrest in Bangkok.

Protesters have cut power to a number of buildings including T.O.T. and C.A.T. telecommunications who are the internet provider to UKTV.

WE apologize for the break in service and are watching for any development in the capital and a return to service."

The service was back up and running 100% by late afternoon. I am using regular 3BB.

Some of you with the habit of leaving everything connected online all the time may still need to log off and turn off your PC's laptops and modem/routers for a couple of minutes so that all the cache's and whatever else get cleared out.

Edited by NanLaew

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I think the company has just realized that it is giving away to much for free. If you pay the 490 baht/month then you will get all the channels. Most probably gone are the days where you will get more than 3 channels at a time for free. Makes sense as they are definitely not a profit free organization . . . .

Why are you assuming the OP isn't a subscriber...surely if he wasn't he wouldn't be complaining about only getting 3 channels as that is what you usually get if not subscribing, or have I missed something here?

• Like 1

Why are you assuming the OP isn't a subscriber...surely if he wasn't he wouldn't be complaining about only getting 3 channels as that is what you usually get if not subscribing, or have I missed something here?

Excuse me Pattaya Pat, this is TV, its all about assumptions,hearsay, inuendo. If you dont like it you can always go back to where you came from.

Excuse me Pattaya Pat, this is TV, its all about assumptions,hearsay, inuendo. If you dont like it you can always go back to where you came from.

You what?

• 2 weeks later...

If you read the OP's post I quote -

"is anyone else having probs with uk tv, this morning i could'nt get anything on tv now this evening i can only get 3 channels on demo"

I think its quite clear that the OP's not a subscriber due to the fact that he is looking for DEMO channels which are only avaialable to non subscribers.

Have a nice day . . .

If you read the OP's post I quote -

"is anyone else having probs with uk tv, this morning i could'nt get anything on tv now this evening i can only get 3 channels on demo"

I think its quite clear that the OP's not a subscriber due to the fact that he is looking for DEMO channels which are only avaialable to non subscribers.

Have a nice day . . .

Really? Where does he say he is 'looking' for demo channels, it seems to me that he is berating the fact that he can ONLY get demo channels. If he isn't a subscriber then why has he commented 'I can ONLY get 3 channels on demo'? If he wasn't a subscriber then that is all he would expect, no?

Have a nice day...

I was with UKTV for about 6 weeks, although when the TOT problems started few weeks ago, I lost part of the picture on UKTV when TOT issues were back to normal, there German IT guy came around last week & tried to sort it out but couldn't, he thought the driver on my graphics card was the problem although my PC said it was current version.

It worked perfectly for the first month.

Although after an hour he still couldn't sort it out so told him to forget it, & i cancelled UKTV, as i had paid 3 months in advance & was already half way through the first month of that, they gave me a 1000bht cash refund within 24 hours, so I have no complaints.

I gather UKTV is owned by 2 German guys, & 1 Swiss guy?

Edited by dickie58