Thai protest leader meets PM, refuses to back down

Lite Beer

yingluck is elected by the people, not suthep, thus he is in no position to give the ultimatum to yingluck and she need not bother about him actually.

Was Yingluck elected ?????? I have an idea she was placed there.

She was duly elected and I can remember the advertising hoardings with her sultry pose suggesting to male voters they might get screwed if they voted for her.

Nobody can say they were misled.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yingluck is elected by the people, not suthep, thus he is in no position to give the ultimatum to yingluck and she need not bother about him actually.

well I can also say that Abhisit was elected OUT, hence Yingluck was elected IN. Whatever it is, it's still a fact that Yingluck government was elected through elections.

How that came about with a 48% majority is another matter. Abhisit was not elected in in an election, he was chosen to care take until a main election was organized, but what the reds did with big money from big daddy is an other story.

I challenged a poster a long time ago this way. List the things Abhisit did wrong to the country while in office. THEN list this governments wrong doings in their 2 years. come on the truth. list them all.------you people are jokers without memories, If you convert me with good answers I will thank you. and then I will be amongst the TV pro government sympathizers minority.

• Like 1

well I can also say that Abhisit was elected OUT, hence Yingluck was elected IN. Whatever it is, it's still a fact that Yingluck government was elected through elections.

How that came about with a 48% majority is another matter. Abhisit was not elected in in an election, he was chosen to care take until a main election was organized, but what the reds did with big money from big daddy is an other story.

I challenged a poster a long time ago this way. List the things Abhisit did wrong to the country while in office. THEN list this governments wrong doings in their 2 years. come on the truth. list them all.------you people are jokers without memories, If you convert me with good answers I will thank you. and then I will be amongst the TV pro government sympathizers minority.

I don't get this reference to 48%. The Thai system does not distribute preferences. 48% is a landslide in that context. US presidents are often elected with less than 50% of the vote. Bill Clinton got 43% and was elected. There is no doubt about the legitimacy of the govt, regardless of what you might think of it.

• Like 2

There is a difference between a percentage of votes cast and percentage of eligible votes received. The second number is meaningless, as an unused votes does not count.

Skilled liars...oh wait...statisticians make use of the percentage of eligible votes number to diminish the win of their opponent.

Sent from my Xoom using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

exactly

Good thing we have Abhist available to fill the position.

Ho Ho Ho and merry christmas.

AV back at the helm will guarantee a civil war.

As usual the mindless posting of an adoring Thaksin fan. If Abhist was to win the election there would be no civil war because most of the people want him. Of course then you red shirts are liable to start one as you have shown in the past you are a loose canon.

How ever I notice now that you people are a little unsure of yourselves. Starting to squabble amongst your self's. Thaksin had to open his check book again to unite you.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"If Abhist was to win the election there would be no civil war because most of the people want him"

blink.png Uh?

"Most people want him" ?

blink.png Uh?

Really?

w00t.gif

Most people want to hang him together with his crazy friend Suthep cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

They are both finished. Abhisit backed Suthep, his criminal and violent protests, and still refuse to back down after their thugs shot unarmed redshirts inside the stadium.

By not backing down they just dig their own grave. Let's just hope that they don't push more people to follow their own fate.

By the way, I find it strange that you state "most people want him". He has never been capable of winning any election. Maybe you did not notice giggle.gif

• Like 1

I am no fan of the Pheu Thai Party and i abhor the blatant puppeteering from Thaksin Shinawatra. The fact that the puppet is represented in the form of his sister onlu emphasises the corruption and nepotism that pervades Thai politics and culture.

i have long hoped that Abhisit Vejjajiva could become prime minister within an elected democratic party government.

That, sadly, is never going to happen - and not just on democratic grounds. getting rid of the Shinawatra family from Thai politics may mark the start of a move away from vote buying and corruption.

That said, I cannot warm to Suthep and I find it hard to support to the attempts to dislodge a duly elected (albeit flawed democracy) government of the day via anything other than the ballot box.

Irrespective of the despicable actions of the red shirts in 2010 I do not believe that mob rule/civil disobedience is the right way to defeat a government.

I think it quite sad for Thailand that these actions probably WILL achieve their desired aims in dislodging Ms Shinawatra/PTP

• Like 2

Suthep went too far in my opinion. Though, it's extremely understandable why people are angry, the initial protests were enough, calling for the Government to step down etc wasn't the right time. At the end of the day, the Red Shirts were far worse in 2010; evil thugs. And Suthep and Abhisit may have their enemies, but they are not as corrupt or power hungry as Thaksin. I still can't believe there are Westerners on here who think he's great and what Thailand needs, are people that easily led?

I think it's time for both parties to move forward together; to let Thaksin back but face the courts for his crimes (seeing as Red Shirts always claim the accusations are politically motivated, well time to prove it then!) as well as Abhisit and Suthep to see if they are guilty for 2010. That's both fair and will suit all parties. Unless, all reds here think otherwise? They are constantly going on about how Abhisit and Suthep should face the courts, but avoid the questions when it's about Thaksin.

Time for the protests to stop, even though people are angry. The Government pulled the bill (so they say) and if the Government are lying about this and they try to force it through, then even the red shirts on here can't moan about how BKK reacts, as that would be inexcusable to lie the people like that. So let's see what happens. I just hope, really hope that this Government aren't THAT stupid.

• Like 1

Why wasn't this anarchist Suthep arrested and thrown in jail by the police? The police chief was at the meeting but didn't arresr him. What is this all about? I thought he had an arrest warrant on his head?

he is a hero to many. He fought the evil Thaksin single handed. He will be remember forever.

Why wasn't this anarchist Suthep arrested and thrown in jail by the police? The police chief was at the meeting but didn't arresr him. What is this all about? I thought he had an arrest warrant on his head?

I think the meeting between Yingluck and Suthep with the Military and Police present was on Sunday.

The Arrest Warrant was made out on Monday, there have also been 4 other arrest warrants made out for the university students that led their unlawful protests. Info from both the main newspapers.