Electricity and water rates (per unit cost)

chiangmaiman99

depends what you got in the room. if it has a lot of electric stuff they try to recover the costs of equipment by adding to the price of the electric. seem fair enough to me. pay for mileage so to speak. for no aircon room i have paid 5 to 6 baht/electric but these are low prices. unless you are a hog its not going to bankrupt you. pay more attention to other aspects of the room and less attention to this..

Edited by Chippen Dong

Where are you? Near to town can be 25 or even 35 baht for the water. Leccy sounds about right. You probably won't use much water unless you have a bath, thirsty indoor garden or like flushing the toilet a lot. Way under 100 baht for one person. Aircons and showers are biggest users of electric, particularly the latter at this time of year.

In the condo we're renting the electricity is charged at the 'government rate' which is 4 baht a unit (give or take a satang). Not sure about the water but it's very cheap. Call me a Cheap Charlie if you want, but I refuse to pay double the amount for my electricity, here or at home.

Water to my rented house in Suthep, which comes from the city supply, is 10baht per unit. I paid 87baht for November.

BUT, I pay for the plumber, the power for the pump, replacing tap washers. no doubt your Condo management does this and includes it in the water charge.

In the condo we're renting the electricity is charged at the 'government rate' which is 4 baht a unit (give or take a satang). Not sure about the water but it's very cheap. Call me a Cheap Charlie if you want, but I refuse to pay double the amount for my electricity, here or at home.

well cheap charlie, if that what floats you boat so be it, but there are so many other factor that comprise a livable address and that if found i wouldnt be knocking it back for the sake of this small difference. but if you have the hide of a rhinoceros and breathe pure sulphuric acid fumes you probably wouldnt understand.

I often wonder how some members can claim electric is 4 baht per unit (some say 3.9 = the base rate). You would have to be using a very small amount of electric on an individual electric company meter. Maybe that price is not including VAT and indexed fuel prices.. Quite honestly my unit rate paid direct to the electric company varies quite a bit from month to month, but never less than 4.8 baht per unit (includes all the add ons).

8 baht charge is a little high, but I know places that charge 10 baht. 5 to 6 baht would be reasonable. The 15 baht water charge seems very fair.

There doesn't seem to much logic behind the leccy bills.

My last two bills...and I have house in the village.

42 units cost 186bt all in. 4.43bt/unit

65 units cost 265bt all in. 4.08bt/unit.

We don't use much at all so I don't think these rates can be improved on.

The more you use, the more tax and add onS.

But if you can get 5 or 6 bath unit from a managed condo then its very good.

My water incidently is 5bt cube plus 10bt for someone to read my meter,write out A bill, and sit in an office all weekend collecting money from everyone....highest bill so far 25bt, but I was using hosepipes and sprinklers all month.

As a poster above says, its neither here nor there if your bill is 1500bt for a month , some of us can see that amount pi$$ed against a wall every week.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

I pay 6 baht for electricity and water is free. My bill is high because I run two machines all night as well as the TV the wife watches half the night.computer stereo system fridge and what not. Not sure of the cost for the hot water but two of us for that.

I am like the poster who dosen't base his residence on the cost of electricity. If I like the place the view and the location that is the most important thing to me. The rest comes after. Mind you if the rest is ridicules to heck with it.

The rest well I value my comfort and have enough money to use a little more electricity so I do.

If it was an issue to me I would do the research on how long to leave a light on when it is not needed as compared to turning it on and off both incandescence and florescence when to turn the hot water heater on and off, How long to leave the power bar on when I am not using it for any thing for example the fan is plugged into it and I am not using the fan. Or the power bar all the different parts of my computer are plugged in when I am not using it.

Ah to hell with it I did not retire to worry about little things like that. At the very worst I ever had it was still cheaper than normal back in the old country.

I pay 6 baht for electricity and water is free. My bill is high because I run two machines all night as well as the TV the wife watches half the night.computer stereo system fridge and what not. Not sure of the cost for the hot water but two of us for that.

I am like the poster who dosen't base his residence on the cost of electricity. If I like the place the view and the location that is the most important thing to me. The rest comes after. Mind you if the rest is ridicules to heck with it.

The rest well I value my comfort and have enough money to use a little more electricity so I do.

If it was an issue to me I would do the research on how long to leave a light on when it is not needed as compared to turning it on and off both incandescence and florescence when to turn the hot water heater on and off, How long to leave the power bar on when I am not using it for any thing for example the fan is plugged into it and I am not using the fan. Or the power bar all the different parts of my computer are plugged in when I am not using it.

Ah to hell with it I did not retire to worry about little things like that. At the very worst I ever had it was still cheaper than normal back in the old country.

Like your style....

In the uk I was like that, buying meters and working out how much it costs to leave the tv on stand by per week, lights off if not using them, brick in the toilet cistern to save water....even tried leaving food outside and unplugging the fridge.

Funny looking back.

sad thing is, old habits die hard.....but as far as water and electric here its really cheap by any standards.

Maybe should have posted this on the cheap charlie thread?

Sent by intermittent ethernet connection.

depends what you got in the room. if it has a lot of electric stuff they try to recover the costs of equipment by adding to the price of the electric. seem fair enough to me. pay for mileage so to speak. for no aircon room i have paid 5 to 6 baht/electric but these are low prices. unless you are a hog its not going to bankrupt you. pay more attention to other aspects of the room and less attention to this..

if your apartment rent cost about 2500-5000THB then 5-8THB/unit is normal rate of electric charge in Muang Chiang Mai.

Edited by Optician Tool Chiang Mai

just got my monthly bill and am paying 8 Baht for leccy and 25 for water in a condo.

I have a fan running pretty much all the time, a laptop and a fridge as well as lights.

monthly bill is 800 - 900 Baht for electricity and less than 100B for water.

these figures are pretty much the same throughout the year except when forced to use the aircon - then it can get very expensive!

I often wonder how some members can claim electric is 4 baht per unit (some say 3.9 = the base rate). You would have to be using a very small amount of electric on an individual electric company meter. Maybe that price is not including VAT and indexed fuel prices.. Quite honestly my unit rate paid direct to the electric company varies quite a bit from month to month, but never less than 4.8 baht per unit (includes all the add ons).

This is mine for around a year and a half at our house. The cost/unit is the base rate - the cost/unit inclusive is base+VAT+FT. So from 3.42-3.7 baht/unit for the range over that period and 4.1-4.4 Baht/unit inclusive of VAT+FT for the 18 month period.

7-8 Baht/unit in a condo is about right from various reports throughout the forum.

post-566-0-18739000-1385999588_thumb.jpg