Things That Grate On You In Pattaya.... PART DEAUX

infinity11

i don't know if this will fly
but i just want to get something off my chest

and i see part one finally got closed

i did go there once or twice to vent a bit

so thanks blackman for opening it

Is there any other place on earth as full of selfish self-centered self-absorbed self-obsessed self-important people than pattatya?

i only ask because i must be one of them too and want to know where else to go
(insert tongue in cheek icon here)

and please (as if i need to ask) correct me if i got this wrong

• Like 1

Well you chaps can debate if you are or if you aren't but I KNOW that I already fit the bill, both on the forum and on the streets. I even had a response to a post I made yesterday about avoiding the weekend hoi-polloi as follows, "... The reason assorted farang riff raff shop at the weekend is because they want to avoid the weekday smug, pious, smartarse farang toffs." When I read this bold endorsement, I fairly wet myself.

Despite this coming from an antipodean and thus more to be pitied than scorned, I do feel that I have indeed reached some higher level of my shit don't stink versus the regular, run-of-the-mill Pattaya resident old farts.

Sorry if that grates.

• Like 2

I think I have said this before but what grates me is people who live in Pattaya cannot say Pattaya the correct way and this especially goes for radio and television folks. Just ask a Thai to say Pattaya and then start saying it that way. :)

• Like 2

What really grates for me is people that use foreign languages without being able to spell them properly... whistling.gif

What really grates on me is, that there are people who think that everyone in the world should be able to spell correctly THEIR language .

French ISN'T my language (see I can shout too) but they taught me how to spell 'deux' in school in England.

I think I have said this before but what grates me is people who live in Pattaya cannot say Pattaya the correct way and this especially goes for radio and television folks. Just ask a Thai to say Pattaya and then start saying it that way. smile.png

Do you also suggest that we pronounce Lotus and Royal garden the way the Thais do ?

• Like 1

I think I have said this before but what grates me is people who live in Pattaya cannot say Pattaya the correct way and this especially goes for radio and television folks. Just ask a Thai to say Pattaya and then start saying it that way. smile.png

Do you also suggest that we pronounce Lotus and Royal garden the way the Thais do ?

thats only necessary when talking to a motorcy taxi

I can understand that you never bothered to ask a Thai how to pronounce words correctly, as you should have said Mocy . biggrin.png

Edited by PeterSmiles

I think I have said this before but what grates me is people who live in Pattaya cannot say Pattaya the correct way and this especially goes for radio and television folks.

Indeed. The most ridiculous thing about this is that you can hear it pronounced several ways on the same channel, one after another in different ads and segments.

Cant say that it grates on me though; it's just another daily reminder that many farangs working in Pattaya are clowns who cant be trusted to get anything right.

since this is the place to vent rant or let of steam civilly, here is what i noticed about pattaya thailand

it is not LOS more like LOL

land of lies
on top of that i met a few people that are incapable of telling the truth period, ever

incredible!

there are little or no morals, ethics, sense of responsibility to self or others, nor is there hardly any integrity at all to be found

like i kind of said in the first post here: what the self needs and wants comes first middle and last

thankfully there are always exceptions to all of above

besides that it's simply peachy whistling.gif
and i will not say that i don't enjoy it wub.png

Edited by infinity11

I can understand that you never bothered to ask a Thai how to pronounce words correctly, as you should have said Mocy . biggrin.png

if i had written that, most TV ers would not have a clue

things i hate about Pattaya on TV

people who insist on using emoticons on every post

especially the ones that people use to indicate that what they had written was ts meant to be funny

if it was funny, you would not need to tell people its funny with a stupid yellow blob.

its like that annoying person who laughs at their own jokes

- People with a chip on their shoulder, because they think they're far superior to others, and always look for the slightest reason to start an argument.

- The fact that emoticons were invented to highlight ones expressions, but some people claim that it is forbidden to use them

Edited by PeterSmiles

If you reside in Lotus and spend every day and night living there and in Royal Garden then yes I do think you should. What a strange reply........ You should learn how to pronounce the city in which you live in especially if you have a visa and work permit and are on Television or Radio as you should in any country.

- People with a chip on their shoulder, because they think they're far superior to others, and always look for the slightest reason to start an argument.

- The fact that emoticons were invented to highlight ones expressions, but some people claim that it is forbidden to use them

things that grate on you in Pattaya on TV: (just to keep on topic)

petersmiles, you are obviously not referring to me then

i am known to be a balanced kind of fellow

i have a chip on both shoulders

having only one chip is inferior and leads to the overuse of emoticons to make a point

they are used most frequently when no else can see the authors meaning without inserting an emoticon for guidance