Problem obtaining blue or yellow book in Banchang

pitchag

This is a fairly long rant so please bear with me,

I purchased 3 studios in Bangchang a few months ago went with the vender to the Amphor and did the deal paid the taxes and and all went through

Went back later to get blue or yellow book with my Tg fwas given a whole list of what I needed to get translated to Thai to get the book that done at a great expense went back to be told I need a three Thai people to verify that I live at the condos one has to be a government official or head man of the village, needless to say only being a new owner I don't know any other owners particulary Thai owners and these two bitches in the Amphor seemed to take a delight in making it hard for me. They issued my tgf three blue books in her name one for each condo ( we are converting three into one large condo)

I have a friend how has a holiday condo in the same building so I wait for him and his english speaking Thai wife to visit last week and thought they could help with the situation so we go back to the two bitches again and explain that these are the only people we know in the condo building, so this time they want to see my passport and ask me to photo copy all the pages I have to sign each copy and they study the passport for about ten minutes flicking back and forth the pages.

We did contact the head man of the village he said he doesn't know me so he will not sign the form

Then they ask me to sit on the back bench and proceeded to ask my tgf questions then call me back and start to ask me the most personal questions, e.g. what I thought of my girl friend when I first met he, where we met, when did we meet, how we met, what do I think of Thailand, do I love Thailand, what do I have in my condo that is Thai the last question was "What do I like most about Thailand" I answered the how easy it is to get a blue or yellow book at which the two bitches laughed.

So after the inane questions they picked up the paperwork kept one of my girl friends blue books and also the !000 baht note I accidentally left on the desk and I thought great it is all sorted, but no I still have to find a government official to sign that they know me bit of a catch 22 situation

Next visit is with a Lawyer I think

Ps If you think I was being a bit harsh refering to them as bitches they took my f$%^ing money and I got nothing for it

Rant over If anyone has a similar story please advise next step

Edited by pitchag

The purchasing process is completed at the Land Office, not at the Amphur, who issue the ownership paper; Chanote. From your post I assume the studios are actually owned in GF's name. Blue Book is the household card for the property issued to Thais or foreigners if they own the property, that is issued by the Amphur. Yellow Book is an official document issued to foreigners that is only used to confirm residency address. Hopefully I am not repeating stuff you already know about, but just in case have a look at the URL below.

http://www.thailandlawonline.com/article-older-archive/thai-house-registration-and-resident-book

You start if off with Went back later to get blue or yellow book

Which one was it. As another poster has stated the Blue Book would / should be issued by the Amphur or Tessabahn based upon the Chanote that was issued by the Land Department, which is where : did the deal paid the taxes and and all went through

As you state the GF had no trouble getting the Blue Book(s), that is because a Blue Book is only for Thais and is automatically issued for a very small fee since it is required so that the condo has an address

Why do you want a Yellow Book ? Are you eventually going to try and gain permanent residency ?

Other than not having to go to Immigration to get a residence certificate to purchase a motor vehicle, or not providing a utility receipt if asked during your 90 day report session, the Yellow Book is of dubious value and hardly worth the hoops that are expected to jump though to get it

Spend your money on a lawyer if you want, but the requirement for the local official is not going to go away. A personal visit to the local headman with a bottle of scotch would have made you his long lost cousin and certainly would have made the process easier. That is the way it is done here, why do you think he is head man of the village in the first place

A libellous topic has been removed:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper

• Like 1

I got my yellow book in Sattahip about 4 years ago.

It was fairly obvious that the staff didn't have much experience in issuing yellow books, but after some conferring between themselves I was given a list of required documents and told I needed to attend the next day with a witness (Thai citizen) who could verify that I live at the address.

The next day I attended with my neighbour. A very pleasant young lady in the Amphur Office completed all the paperwork for me. She needed to see the chanote, my passport, my wife's blue book, and some evidence that I was actually living there.

The total charge was 20 Baht. This was because she had to make some photocopies. Apparently, the yellow book is free.

When the young lady handed me my yellow book I tried to give her 500 baht in appreciation of her completing the forms for me etc. but she would not take it.

Eventually, my wife persuaded her to take the money by asking her to buy some sweets or snacks for the office.

I did not expect it to be so easy.

I use my yellow book to verify my address for 90-day reports and drivers licence renewals - otherwise there does not seem to be much use for it.

The purchasing process is completed at the Land Office, not at the Amphur, who issue the ownership paper; Chanote. From your post I assume the studios are actually owned in GF's name. Blue Book is the household card for the property issued to Thais or foreigners if they own the property, that is issued by the Amphur. Yellow Book is an official document issued to foreigners that is only used to confirm residency address. Hopefully I am not repeating stuff you already know about, but just in case have a look at the URL below.

http://www.thailandlawonline.com/article-older-archive/thai-house-registration-and-resident-book

No they are in my name only and the land office and Amphor are in the same complex there was no problem with the land office

You start if off with Went back later to get blue or yellow book

Which one was it. As another poster has stated the Blue Book would / should be issued by the Amphur or Tessabahn based upon the Chanote that was issued by the Land Department, which is where : did the deal paid the taxes and and all went through

As you state the GF had no trouble getting the Blue Book(s), that is because a Blue Book is only for Thais and is automatically issued for a very small fee since it is required so that the condo has an address

Why do you want a Yellow Book ? Are you eventually going to try and gain permanent residency ?

Other than not having to go to Immigration to get a residence certificate to purchase a motor vehicle, or not providing a utility receipt if asked during your 90 day report session, the Yellow Book is of dubious value and hardly worth the hoops that are expected to jump though to get it

Spend your money on a lawyer if you want, but the requirement for the local official is not going to go away. A personal visit to the local headman with a bottle of scotch would have made you his long lost cousin and certainly would have made the process easier. That is the way it is done here, why do you think he is head man of the village in the first place

He was offered an incentive but still refused

maybe attitude has something to do with it.

chickenslegs did you have to have any translations done?

My attitude or theirs? I just sat and smiled all throughout the crap not knowing what was going on in Thai anyway, I thought it was a done deal until we got to the car and was told we still need a Thai official to verify my exsistance I could not believe I went through all that for the third time for nothing and was down a 1000baht

No they are in my name only and the land office and Amphor are in the same complex there was no problem with the land office

This is getting confusing. If you are the owner listed on the Chanotes for the properties, why are you asking about the Yellow Book, you only need the Blue Book. Perhaps you are also confusing the Amphur staff and you also provided a bribe. Conjecture that it is possible that's why they laughed to cover their embarrassment and confusion. If you are still having issues ask for an appointment with the head of the Amphur, not via the people you are dealing with, to ask for assistance to resolve the matter.

Edited by simple1

Does the O.P. mean Ban Chang, Rayong, or is he elsewhere?

In Ban Chang, Rayong, I was refused a Yellow Book, because I needed a certified copy of my (English) Birth Cerificate - or so I was told. This necessitated getting a duplicate copy from the U.K. (easily done 'on line'). But as yet have not returned to the office to see what else they might require!

Does the O.P. mean Ban Chang, Rayong, or is he elsewhere?

In Ban Chang, Rayong, I was refused a Yellow Book, because I needed a certified copy of my (English) Birth Cerificate - or so I was told. This necessitated getting a duplicate copy from the U.K. (easily done 'on line'). But as yet have not returned to the office to see what else they might require!

Yes i had to get my birth cert and passport translated into Thai they just drip feed you info so you have to keep coming back for their amusement

I would have beed happy to get any book on the third visit believe me they are nor embarrassed or confused just bloody minded I suppose you have to be there to witness the double act and the totally unnecessary stupid personal questions its not the visa office its the Amphor for christ sake what the hell is it got to do with them if I have anything Thai in my condo or what I thought of my girl friend when I first saw her just bullshit questions nothing to do with obtaining blue or yellow book

Sorry I spelt Banchang wrong in my original post it is Banchang Rayon.

The money was on the desk to pay for the fees and it disappeared very quickly

This is getting confusing. If you are the owner listed on the Chanotes for the properties, why are you asking about the Yellow Book, you only need the Blue Book. Perhaps you are also confusing the Amphur staff and you also provided a bribe. Conjecture that it is possible that's why they laughed to cover their embarrassment and confusion. If you are still having issues ask for an appointment with the head of the Amphur, not via the people you are dealing with, to ask for assistance to resolve the matter.

Edited by pitchag

No blue book is needed just because she lives with you.

My wife lives with me and she sure has'nt anything to do with the blue book.

Sounds like the condo's are in your GF's name.

My name only on the 3 chanotes checked by my friends wife girl friends name not on the chanotes only mine and the previous historic owners

Edited by pitchag

Every residence in Thailand is issued a Blue Book. That is the only official way to get an address. An official address is needed if you want electric in your name, or a phone, or mail delivery. The house / unit / condo gets a Blue Book, not the individual. If you are a Thai then you may be listed in the Blue Book, if you are not listed in another Blue Book. You also may be listed in the Blue Book as a farang if you have permanent residency and a Thai ID number (not a Thai ID card, but just a number)

As far as the procedure in getting a Yellow Book, much like Immigration, every office follows their own interpretation of the rules. What works in Sattahip, which is in Chonburi Province may not be the same as in Ban Chang which is in Rayong Province. Every office is different. Just do a search here at TV using the term "Yellow Book" and you will read of some offices that require an inordinate amount of paper work and others that will do it with only a passport

Unfortunately most farangs (myself included) don't understand the nuances of what office handles what here in Thailand and exactly what are the boundaries for Amphurs, Tessabahns, Land Office, etc. As an example my address shows Sattahip but my Amphur is really Na Jomtien, but looking at a map, I am located in a district called NA CHOM THIAN, get my water from the water company located in Naklua, my electric from the Electric Cooperative located in Sattahip, and deal with the Land Office located in Sattahip , but had my building permit issued by the Tessabahn located in Ban Amphur

• 3 months later...

This is getting confusing. If you are the owner listed on the Chanotes for the properties,

why are you asking about the Yellow Book, you only need the Blue Book.

I don't see your point? I have a Blue Book since I buy my condo but still never used it for anything. It seems useless to me sad.png

What I would like too is a Yellow Book; you can use it at immigration, for bike or motorbike buy & license, and everytime you need to prove your address.

It would avoid to go immigration and pay 300 baht for a certificate each time.

I tried to get Yellow Book in 2008 for my condo in Pattaya; no way. 2 times they gave me a new list of other documents or people to provide. I gave up. I tried again last year after a friend managed to get one, but basically they said my friend got one because he has a Thai wife, and I don't... TIT.