Thai PM rejects protest demands in national address

george

Thai PM rejects protest demands in national address

BANGKOK, December 2, 2013 (AFP) - Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Monday rejected the demands of anti-government protesters who are attempting to topple her government and replace it with a 'People's Council', saying they are unconstitutional.
"Anything I can do to make people happy, I am willing to do... but as prime minister, what i can do must be under the constitution," she said in a televised address, her first comments since violence broke out late Saturday after weeks of peaceful protest.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-12-02

• Like 1

i think he may have asked for too much,,birthday week remember it will stop i believe (hope yingy goes) but i can see them just riding it out...im on the fence about how this is going to pan out..

winnie , you shouldn't be sitting on da fence, that's Yingluck's spot. The protesters will respectfully stand their ground and celebrate His Majesty's birthday and sing the national anthem at their front lines. They certainly won't pack up and get bused home. This isn't pay for play at this demo.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1