What do other Asians think of Thailand?

infinity11

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are asking predominently White caucasian people what Asians think of Thais ?

Why not ask what Africans think of Eskimos ! ?........wierd man......sorry

Exactly right. We get that a lot on this forum. And you can bet your right nut that some bozo will provide the answer (negative, of course) without having the slightest clue.

• Like 2

You are asking predominently White caucasian people what Asians think of Thais ?

Exactly right. We get that a lot on this forum. And you can bet your right nut that some bozo will provide the answer (negative, of course) without having the slightest clue.

If you look at the link I posted it tells you what other Asians think of Thai's including a snippet from a Thai newspaper on the recent discussion.

• Like 1

If you look at the link I posted it tells you what other Asians think of Thai's including a snippet from a Thai newspaper on the recent discussion.

Who cares ! what one race thinks about another races opinion of another race, thats RACIST isnt it ?

Point taken, Berkers, but I just want to know what your average Chinese/Korean tourist actually spends in Patts. They seem to enjoy looking at pretty much everything,and I'm sure the restaurants do well, but as the chairman of the Korat Benevolent Fund I'm deeply concerned for the future of Pattaya. Hopefully, we can continue to rely on your regular donations - God bless you, sir.

• Like 1

Maybe some caucasians (do you get any colour other than white? I'd like a blue one, thanks) have been to other countries and know what the locals there think . The young engineers where I work take their parents to Thailand on holiday, and never comment or question when I say my family are in Thailand

SC

• Like 1

Cheap food, cheap sex, and not too progressive.

I think most asians consider Thailand like Americans consider Mexico or Europeans consider Bulgaria or Prague.

It is a place to go to have fun.

I have talked to quite a few japanese expats who say they find it hard working with Thais, since the Japanese are generally serious people (which is very true) and the Thais are very easy going and fleeting. There are major differences in Asian culture.

Singaporeans consider Thailand as somewhat of a mythical place of crazy nightlife, since their own city state is such a bore.

So yeah, I would guess Asians think the same of Thailand as we do, only with some more familiarity since they're the same race.

• Like 1

Point taken, Berkers, but I just want to know what your average Chinese/Korean tourist actually spends in Patts. They seem to enjoy looking at pretty much everything,and I'm sure the restaurants do well, but as the chairman of the Korat Benevolent Fund I'm deeply concerned for the future of Pattaya. Hopefully, we can continue to rely on your regular donations - God bless you, sir.

Noted, Khun Worldwide. I'm actually surprised by the general sentiments expressed so far--generally fair and even-handed. But now that I say that, the haters will be out in force.

Frankly, there's a huge difference between Asians in Asia. The Japanese are focused and disciplined, but polite. The Koreans are hardworking but direct. The Chinese, heck, even between mainland China, HK, Singapore, and Taiwan are rather distinctive. And then there's Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, Myanmar, etc. These last few, along with the Philippines, are probably more similar to Thailand in terms of values, beliefs, and such.

I know a few Koreans and Japanese in Thailand and they pretty much love it here. I think they arrive knowing that the Thais are not the same as their countrymen. They expect that. Wonder why farangs can't do that?

• Like 1

I travel extensively throughout Asia (I am posting this from Manila). The single-most attribute I hear is "shopping." Most women who have been to Thailand gush over the shopping, and men mention how much their wives love shopping in Thailand. Personally, I feel the shopping is pretty much the same in Bangkok as in most other metropolitan areas, and the prices can even be higher for some brand names, but when I have mentioned this, others insist I am wrong.

Korean and Japanese men often mention golf. Filipinos mention how beautiful it is. Vietnamese mention how many Buddhist sites there are.

The Filipino press sometimes runs stories comparing Manila to Bangkok, and Bangkok comes out ahead in the comparisons. Often, I get asked if this is true. When comparing traffic, tourist destinations, and overall appearance, I would have to agree with those assessments, but I also think Manila wins hands down when it comes to a wide array of quality international cuisines (last night, I had fantastic Greek food, the night before, equally good Spanish food, for example).

• Like 2