What do other Asians think of Thailand?

infinity11

Last year there was another hype in neighbouring asian country's. They used to say : "sooo Thai " which means you delivered bad work. I think they are right to say that because almost nobody in Thailand does his work properly the way it should be done. They all like to take the easy way and think all other races also have the maibenrai-mentality.

You obviously have not lived on Thailand, Laos, or Cambodia. We get most of our stuff here in Siem Reap from Thailand and the workmanship is very good.

But then never let the facts get into the way of some Thai-bashing.

Stab in the dark: those companies are foreigner owned and managed?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asia is a very big continent, unlike Europe. Do not lump all Asians as one. Please get your geography right.

As for subject topic, nothing wrong with Thailand as a country. I guess mostly Farangs have issues with Thailand.

I would qualify that. Only Farangs on ThaiVisa. If you walked down the street and asked 10 Farangs 9 would tell you they are happy here.

I <deleted> love the TL but still find issues with it.

I hope one day to be Issueless.

You are completely right. I know of a couple Korean business owner who employ Thai people and treat them VERY well.

Additionally, I know of Thai FACTORY workers over here in Korea who get their passports confiscated, pay due is held - or never paid, and many are forced to live 8-12 people a room - in a shipping container.

My point is - sure - there are exceptions. Often those exceptions exist because a local Korean personally knows a Thai national. But, again, GENERALLY speaking - the VAST MAJORITY of Koreans have no exposure to Thais (or other nationalities) and because of this - they look down upon them. I'm not talking 100% or Koreans, but I would say 51% or MORE.

The Koreans you see visiting Thailand are not a good cross section of the overall populace. These Koreans tend to be "better off" than the average Korean. Additionally, they tend to be more diversely educated - hence their attitude towards those who are not like them

Koreans are on the role proud and nationalistic. They look down on most. As much as they don't like our often liathe Japan they have an unspoken respect for them.

However, I think they have every right to be proud of their achievements over 40 years. They are on the whole a well educated and capable bunch. Unlike here which hasn't really achieved much by itself and has largely been built by the thai Chinese and Japanese and American investment,,and the koreans know that for sure.

You really don't know? The amount of money America spent on Japan and Korea is like 1000 to 1 in comparison to Thailand. Korea, add up the war costs and the costs of keeping troops there for the past 50 years. You do know that America financed the reconstruction of Japan after WWII. There are still 30,000 American troops in Korea and gosh knows how much supplies. Google US troops Japan for the specifics of troop deployment today. Or cost of reconstruction and occupation of Japan after WWII.

What do Koreans think of Japan? Google, "Anti-Japanese sentiment in Korea" Too much for me to list.

And? So the USA built Samsung? Or Hyundai heavy industry?

Yes they put in money, but they also didn't lose their identity and their culture facilitated building world class businesses. Funny you claim I don't know, my best mate is Korean so it's been explained to be several times. Want to know where most of the seed loans for the chaebol came from?

Japan as a round about way of reparations? How do I know? Mates dad was on the board of Hyundai....

America built Korea and Japan. America helped Thailand a bit but not to the same extent; not even close.

PS speaking of your mate at Hyundai, "Chung Ju-Yung founded the Hyundai Engineering and Construction Company in 1947. Hyundai Motor Company was later established in 1967. The company's first model, the Cortina, was released in cooperation with Ford Motor Company in 1968.

When Hyundai wanted to develop their own car, they hired George Turnbull, the former Managing Director of Austin Morris at British Leyland. He in turn hired five other top British car engineers. They were Kenneth Barnett body design, engineers John Simpson and Edward Chapman, John Crosthwaite ex-BRM as chassis engineer and Peter Slater as chief development engineer. In 1975, the Pony, the first Korean car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Motor_Company

Do you realise how piss poor Korea was at the end of the war. It was statistically poor as Laos is today.

They have become truly world class in various industries. The USA was involved but it isn't as though Korean culture was completely eroded by American influence. I have been to Seoul many times and I think they have every right to be genuinely proud of their achievements.

Thai at heart wrote, "However, I think they (Korea) have every right to be proud of their achievements over 40 years. They are on the whole a well educated and capable bunch. Unlike here which hasn't really achieved much by itself and has largely been built by the thai Chinese and Japanese and American investment,,and the koreans know that for sure.

After the Korean war, South Korea was one of the world's poorest countries with only $64 per capita income. Economically, in the 1960s it lagged behind the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).

South Korea, however, benefited from big injections of foreign aid, first from the US, then Japan. The USA gave Korea more foreign aid than they gave to the entire African continent.

The Koreans have done a good job. It would have been illegal to do the same thing in the US or UK because of our laws but still they have done a good job. In addition to American and Japanese money the US had millions of troops stationed since they occupied the country in 1946.

The US spent a small amount of money, in comparison, on Thailand and only had a total of 50,000 troops or so at one time, stationed in Thailand for 10 years.

The dig at the Thai people which you wrote, "largely been built by the thai Chinese" Is so wrong in a number of areas. 1. It is an insult to capitalize Chinese and not Thai. 2. That is like saying american revolution was started by the Scots Irish.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2011/nov/28/south-korea-development-model

South Korea in the Fast Lane : Economic Development and Capital ...

https://sites.google.com/site/nzdprksociety/number-of-us-troops-in-rok-by-year

PS No disrespect intended but this is the last post of yours that I will answer unless you learn how to post with quotes. If you don't know how don't try. My God you have a post count of 16,000 that's enough time to learn.

Edited by thailiketoo

Depends on what the Asian is in Thailand for. Holiday - it's a great place. Service generally better than other Asian cities, great good, golf, night life and hotels are really cheap!

For business where investment is involved - it's a nightmare. Ownership rules (I don't have to go into details here), unethical Thai business partners, unenforceable contracts, incompetent managers who stand on the side of the workers instead of protecting the shareholders, low productivity......

Those looking for a wife (generally Asians stay away from night life ladies) - most have good experience as in general Asian cultures like filial piety, family as the core etc are common.

Asians also are more acceptable of the corrupt culture, doing the 'right' things to get sow thing done, so they winge less on TV.

• Like 1

I travel extensively throughout Asia (I am posting this from Manila). The single-most attribute I hear is "shopping." Most women who have been to Thailand gush over the shopping, and men mention how much their wives love shopping in Thailand. Personally, I feel the shopping is pretty much the same in Bangkok as in most other metropolitan areas, and the prices can even be higher for some brand names, but when I have mentioned this, others insist I am wrong.

Korean and Japanese men often mention golf. Filipinos mention how beautiful it is. Vietnamese mention how many Buddhist sites there are.

The Filipino press sometimes runs stories comparing Manila to Bangkok, and Bangkok comes out ahead in the comparisons. Often, I get asked if this is true. When comparing traffic, tourist destinations, and overall appearance, I would have to agree with those assessments, but I also think Manila wins hands down when it comes to a wide array of quality international cuisines (last night, I had fantastic Greek food, the night before, equally good Spanish food, for example).

Personally I'd say the shopping was way better in Manila than Bangkok!blink.png

Tho I'm not Asian, I think I can offer a plausible explanation regarding why so many (have to say predominantly Thai, as I've spent most time here) staff offer absolutely incorrect info. On the minor side it can be: shyness [with foreigners], no clue whatsoever so simply say what they think will satisfy, unwillingness to step out of comfort zone, contempt for farang, too distracted to bother, etc... However, IMHO I would put most of it down to their unwillingness to make a mistake, and have to answer for it; often by loss of money. Oh, and these guys don't trust ANYBODY, including their own!

How often do you ask shop-staff for something, and be told they don't have it...walk a few feet further, and then you see the very item.

Attempt to order something (Thai/English) in a restaurant/bar, including a twist on what's printed (thus more complicated than a simple 'point' at the entry), and be told it's run-out, or they get somebody else to deal with you.

And here's one that has happened to me many-a-time: go to a bank counter to exchange foreign currency...they scrutinize each and every bill (both sides) for scribble and/or damage, separate into 2 or more piles, then say they cannot accept the ones with 'ink' on! I mention this coz it happened to me again, only yesterday, at a Krungsri branch in Thonburi.

Two notes had scribble on. Told it's unacceptable, I demand to speak to manager. Explain to her the rules/guarantees my queen sets on accepting the currency (watermark, metal strip, serial number, percentage of note intact, etc), and to phone head office if she needs support of something she SHOULD already know. She phoned them [in front of me], had a long discussion, then told me she still can't accept them coz if they are later 'considered' too faulty by somebody in the bank's chain, the [counter] staff member that did the transaction would have to PAY the value that the bank has lost.

Enraged, I get my notes back and search for another bank offering exchange service (SCB). The two notes rejected by first bank were top on the pile I handed to the cashier. She didn’t even batter an eyelid. Counted it twice (plus once thru the machine), showed me the rate, and gave me Baht! (over THB51k). Still fuming from the previous place, I showed the GF that a large number of the Thai notes [given to me] had equivalent, or more, scribble on them. And one wonders why tempers flare.

I ask you, developing, with service-mind at forefront, or simply a greedy/self-preservation attitude (from top to bottom)???

I can’t blame one staff member for protecting herself, but this attitude at the top of the chain makes everything beneath it scared of losing something, thus nobody will take responsibility, just shrug it off to play safe.

Excellent post and well written thanks.

If anything, for me, positive that can be culled from this i offer the following:

1- How little the thais ACT bent out of shape in most circumstances compared to farang.

2- When given a 'no' simply try again elsewhere and get a 'yes'

3- It is a flexible place with a lot of grey area(s)

Never think you are superior to the locals just because you come from a rich country. That's a big mistake and often one that leads to conflicts between you and locals. I dont travel thousands of km to thailand just to bully thai people. I enjoy their service, they also enjoy my patronage. A win-win situation.

Actually I generally find the poorer people the warmest,friendliest and most genuine people whichever country I visit.Isaan people in Thailand being a prime example of this.smile.png

• Like 2

Never think you are superior to the locals just because you come from a rich country. That's a big mistake and often one that leads to conflicts between you and locals. I dont travel thousands of km to thailand just to bully thai people. I enjoy their service, they also enjoy my patronage. A win-win situation.

Actually I generally find the poorer people the warmest,friendliest and most genuine people whichever country I visit.Isaan people in Thailand being a prime example of this.smile.png

Hi there.

I haven't met isaan people yet but I'm sure almost all thai people are also friendly. Whe I was at a bangkok hotel, the waitress took the initiative to talk to me even though I was a customer but wearing somewhat casual.

• Like 1

Hi there.

I haven't met isaan people yet but I'm sure almost all thai people are also friendly. Whe I was at a bangkok hotel, the waitress took the initiative to talk to me even though I was a customer but wearing somewhat casual.

You are in for a treat then when you visit the REAL Thailand,which is the North of course!biggrin.png

• Like 1

Thai at heart wrote, "However, I think they (Korea) have every right to be proud of their achievements over 40 years. They are on the whole a well educated and capable bunch. Unlike here which hasn't really achieved much by itself and has largely been built by the thai Chinese and Japanese and American investment,,and the koreans know that for sure.

After the Korean war, South Korea was one of the world's poorest countries with only $64 per capita income. Economically, in the 1960s it lagged behind the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).

South Korea, however, benefited from big injections of foreign aid, first from the US, then Japan. The USA gave Korea more foreign aid than they gave to the entire African continent.

The Koreans have done a good job. It would have been illegal to do the same thing in the US or UK because of our laws but still they have done a good job. In addition to American and Japanese money the US had millions of troops stationed since they occupied the country in 1946.

The US spent a small amount of money, in comparison, on Thailand and only had a total of 50,000 troops or so at one time, stationed in Thailand for 10 years.

The dig at the Thai people which you wrote, "largely been built by the thai Chinese" Is so wrong in a number of areas. 1. It is an insult to capitalize Chinese and not Thai. 2. That is like saying american revolution was started by the Scots Irish.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2011/nov/28/south-korea-development-model

South Korea in the Fast Lane : Economic Development and Capital ...

https://sites.google.com/site/nzdprksociety/number-of-us-troops-in-rok-by-year

PS No disrespect intended but this is the last post of yours that I will answer unless you learn how to post with quotes. If you don't know how don't try. My God you have a post count of 16,000 that's enough time to learn.

Firstly, to answer the quotes issue, that is to do with the answer function on chrome. Sometimes it goes through and formats like that, sometimes it filters and responds that the the maximum quotes has been exceeded.

No intention on my part whatsoever, and is one of the vagaries of using a tablet.

The capitalisation wasn't intentional but is an auto correct issue through spell checking.

For that my apologies but I still stand by my assertion that the vast majority of wealth creation in Thailand has been achieved by Thai Chinese. (I had to retype that). I can barely think of any major company other than those associated with the Crown property bureau where the initial start and ownership wasn't of Thai Chinese origin.

Yes the Koreans have done a good job. I find it an interesting place, and admire their unity of purpose. They have achieved a lot. All the money under the sun could also have been wasted, and one only has to look at the academic achievements of their students to see how seriously they take education.

They built a country up from basically nothing.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Firstly, to answer the quotes issue, that is to do with the answer function on chrome. Sometimes it goes through and formats like that, sometimes it filters and responds that the the maximum quotes has been exceeded.

No intention on my part whatsoever, and is one of the vagaries of using a tablet.

The capitalisation wasn't intentional but is an auto correct issue through spell checking.

For that my apologies but I still stand by my assertion that the vast majority of wealth creation in Thailand has been achieved by Thai Chinese. (I had to retype that). I can barely think of any major company other than those associated with the Crown property bureau where the initial start and ownership wasn't of Thai Chinese origin.

Yes the Koreans have done a good job. I find it an interesting place, and admire their unity of purpose. They have achieved a lot. All the money under the sun could also have been wasted, and one only has to look at the academic achievements of their students to see how seriously they take education.

I think Korea has done a wonderful job. However a few things should be pointed out. 1. It was a colony of Japan. 2. A strong man dictator. Park Chung-hee was a Korean general and statesman who led South Korea from 1961 until his assassination in 1979. Park seized power through a military coup d'état that overthrew the Korean Second Republic in 1961 and ruled as an unelected military strongman at the head of the Supreme Council for National Reconstruction until his election and inauguration as the President of the Korean Third Republic in 1963. In 1972, Park declared martial law, suspended the country's constitution and made himself President for Life while ushering in the Korean Fourth Republic. 3. America and Japan funded the economic recovery after the two wars.

In terms of the Thai Chinese people in Thailand that is the same as saying the Scots Irish people in America. Both groups did and are doing quite well but they are Thai and American now. So you can drop the Thai Chinese and the Scots Irish except as a historical reference.

I think Korea has done a wonderful job. However a few things should be pointed out. 1. It was a colony of Japan. 2. A strong man dictator. Park Chung-hee was a Korean general and statesman who led South Korea from 1961 until his assassination in 1979. Park seized power through a military coup d'état that overthrew the Korean Second Republic in 1961 and ruled as an unelected military strongman at the head of the Supreme Council for National Reconstruction until his election and inauguration as the President of the Korean Third Republic in 1963. In 1972, Park declared martial law, suspended the country's constitution and made himself President for Life while ushering in the Korean Fourth Republic. 3. America and Japan funded the economic recovery after the two wars.

In terms of the Thai Chinese people in Thailand that is the same as saying the Scots Irish people in America. Both groups did and are doing quite well but they are Thai and American now. So you can drop the Thai Chinese and the Scots Irish except as a historical reference.

Comparing the performance of one immigrant group in the USA when there are dozens of immigrant groups isn't quite the same as Thailand.

Neither do the Scottish Americans control more than 50% of the wealth in the USA, but the immigrant chinese certainly do here and elsewhere in south east Asia.

Comparing the performance of one immigrant group in the USA when there are dozens of immigrant groups isn't quite the same as Thailand.

Neither do the Scottish Americans control more than 50% of the wealth in the USA, but the immigrant chinese certainly do here and elsewhere in south east Asia.

At one time Scots Irish (and a bit of English) controlled 90% of American wealth not a paltry 50%. 75% of American Presidents were of Scots Irish ancestry . The two richest men the world has ever known 1. John D. Rockefeller and 2. Andrew Carnegie were both Americans of Scots Irish ancestry.

The Scots Irish had a far greater influence on America than the Thai Chinese ever had on Thailand. But now the descendants of the two richest men in the history of the world, Carnegie and Rockefeller just call themselves Americans.

The only place that the Thai/Chinese thing is big is on ThaiVisa.com. As little as 60 years ago the Chinese in Thailand were overcome with anti Chinese laws. One of the big reasons that Thailand fought on the Japanese side in WWII was the PM at that times dislike of the Chinese even though he himself was part Chinese.

Although thai chinese is less than 20%, they are the main drivers of thai economy. Quite true. Maybe that's why thai people generally like chinese people.

Well, if we take a look back at recent Thai history, we find that the Chinese were in fact heavily and openly discriminated against for many decades.

I think the fact that many Thais appreciate Chinese culture now is most driven by the Chinese having fought and struggled for their respect. When a small minority essentially takes over your entire country, it's hard to deny that the minority group is onto something. :-)

That's how respect often works in human relationships. It is rarely given freely and usually must be earned/forced.

• Like 1

Although thai chinese is less than 20%, they are the main drivers of thai economy. Quite true. Maybe that's why thai people generally like chinese people.

Well, if we take a look back at recent Thai history, we find that the Chinese were in fact heavily and openly discriminated against for many decades.

I think the fact that many Thais appreciate Chinese culture now is most driven by the Chinese having fought and struggled for their respect. When a small minority essentially takes over your entire country, it's hard to deny that the minority group is onto something. :-)

That's how respect often works in human relationships. It is rarely given freely and usually must be earned/forced.

Traditionally, china has influenced many southeast asian countries to a large cultural extent, that's why chinese people can succeed in these places. On the other hand, americans or europeans will be at a disadvantage. Even yingluck herself is also thai chinese. The original thai people is dark skinned.

• Like 1

The Chinese had an influence on Thailand and have an influence in Thailand because of the way money is borrowed. The Chinese borrow and lend outside of banks and can finance projects for much less than the average Thai. Sometimes when a Thai is allowed to marry into a Chinese family they are allowed into this financial system. 60 years ago the Chinese had the money and married Thais for the right to do business in Thailand. It has nothing to do with smarts or beauty. Cash only cash.

At one time Scots Irish (and a bit of English) controlled 90% of American wealth not a paltry 50%. 75% of American Presidents were of Scots Irish ancestry . The two richest men the world has ever known 1. John D. Rockefeller and 2. Andrew Carnegie were both Americans of Scots Irish ancestry.

The Scots Irish had a far greater influence on America than the Thai Chinese ever had on Thailand. But now the descendants of the two richest men in the history of the world, Carnegie and Rockefeller just call themselves Americans.

The only place that the Thai/Chinese thing is big is on ThaiVisa.com. As little as 60 years ago the Chinese in Thailand were overcome with anti Chinese laws. One of the big reasons that Thailand fought on the Japanese side in WWII was the PM at that times dislike of the Chinese even though he himself was part Chinese.

Hoho. Thai Chinese only exists on thaivisa.

That's obviously why they have Chinese business associations in just about every major town, their own Chinese temples and celebrate Chinese new year separately. Or that academics study this phenomenon as an economic and societal phenomenon.

Who is the chairman of the South East Asian Chinese business association? Owner of Cp last time I looked.

About 90% of the major companies in thailand are Thai Chinese. It's an amazing phenomenon.

Hoho. Thai Chinese only exists on thaivisa.

That's obviously why they have Chinese business associations in just about every major town, their own Chinese temples and celebrate Chinese new year separately. Or that academics study this phenomenon as an economic and societal phenomenon.

Who is the chairman of the South East Asian Chinese business association? Owner of Cp last time I looked.

About 90% of the major companies in thailand are Thai Chinese. It's an amazing phenomenon.

90% of the major companies in Thailand are owned by Thai nationals. Call them what you want. Everyone is Irish on St. Paddys day. You can't pick out a Scots Irish person out of a crowd of Americans nor can you pick out a Thai Chinese person out of a crowd of Thais (only on Thai Visa).

Can a Farang marry into a Thai Chinese family? Sure you can. It is no big deal anymore except at holidays. If the club was exclusive you couldn't get in and I'm betting your wife told you she is Thai Chinese.

I know a few Asians that don't actually live here, they only come for work related stuff.

The men that come here, certainly make the most of easy cheap sex, I think the women enjoy the shopping.

They all seem to be happy to return home.

Good question. One I think about all the time. And in my answer, I'm going to interpret "Thailand" as including "Thai" people...

When I'm in a room with Thais and other Asians, I feel like the other Asians are looking at me as if to ask, "Do they always act like this?" It's like we're the adults in the room and the Thais are the children. You can take that negatively if you want, but it's just the general perception I have. Thais have a more laid back, if not childish demeanor. I sense other Asians also feel the same disconnect we all do with regards to the language barrier.

I've spoke to a host of other Asians about this topic. Just yesterday, a Filipina woman who's lived here for eight years told me she likes Thailand. She has some Thai friends, but doesn't socialize with any of em. She said Filipinos generally feel a better connection with other foreigners than they do with Thais. She also said they don't share the same sense of humor or idea of a good time. She feels she can't joke with Thais.

Every Japanese person I've spoken to about this perfers Thailand to their home. They all say the people and lifestyle are not as serious. But they also admit they prefer the company of Japanese people. Koreans seem to share this attitude.

Another interesting aspect to this issue is I don't have any Thai friends. Many acquaintances. But no one I consider a true friend. There's just no connection. Yet, when I visit another SE Asian country, I instantly feel a connection with many of the people. And the mentality is just more similar. I feel like I can go have a beer with the guys I meet without being seen as a novelty. I've even gotten to the point where I can recognize Burmese people living in TH simply based on their behavior and attitdue towards me. I imagine other Asians have similar experiences.

• Like 2

Asia is a very big continent, unlike Europe. Do not lump all Asians as one. Please get your geography right.

As for subject topic, nothing wrong with Thailand as a country. I guess mostly Farangs have issues with Thailand.

I would qualify that. Only Farangs on ThaiVisa. If you walked down the street and asked 10 Farangs 9 would tell you they are happy here.

Perhaps they Thai you...coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Perhaps they Thai you...coffee1.gif

I find that very offensive. You are making fun of my wife and children and people who I have loved all of my life.

Good question. One I think about all the time. And in my answer, I'm going to interpret "Thailand" as including "Thai" people...

When I'm in a room with Thais and other Asians, I feel like the other Asians are looking at me as if to ask, "Do they always act like this?" It's like we're the adults in the room and the Thais are the children. You can take that negatively if you want, but it's just the general perception I have. Thais have a more laid back, if not childish demeanor. I sense other Asians also feel the same disconnect we all do with regards to the language barrier.

I've spoke to a host of other Asians about this topic. Just yesterday, a Filipina woman who's lived here for eight years told me she likes Thailand. She has some Thai friends, but doesn't socialize with any of em. She said Filipinos generally feel a better connection with other foreigners than they do with Thais. She also said they don't share the same sense of humor or idea of a good time. She feels she can't joke with Thais.

Every Japanese person I've spoken to about this perfers Thailand to their home. They all say the people and lifestyle are not as serious. But they also admit they prefer the company of Japanese people. Koreans seem to share this attitude.

Another interesting aspect to this issue is I don't have any Thai friends. Many acquaintances. But no one I consider a true friend. There's just no connection. Yet, when I visit another SE Asian country, I instantly feel a connection with many of the people. And the mentality is just more similar. I feel like I can go have a beer with the guys I meet without being seen as a novelty. I've even gotten to the point where I can recognize Burmese people living in TH simply based on their behavior and attitdue towards me. I imagine other Asians have similar experiences.

I'm in business in Thailand with Thai and Philippine people and people from Korea and Italy and America. A Korean is the boss.

It's not hard to see why you wouldn't have any Thai friends. All the Philippine people I know have Thai friends. The guys date Thai girls. The girls date Thai guys. I find your comments odd compared to my experience.

It's easy to follow the friendships and relationships because Facebook is an open book.

Check out the Facebook pages of Philippine women you know in Thailand. It is easy to see the social interaction and it is frequent and well documented.

The Chinese had an influence on Thailand and have an influence in Thailand because of the way money is borrowed. The Chinese borrow and lend outside of banks and can finance projects for much less than the average Thai. Sometimes when a Thai is allowed to marry into a Chinese family they are allowed into this financial system. 60 years ago the Chinese had the money and married Thais for the right to do business in Thailand. It has nothing to do with smarts or beauty. Cash only cash.

Not just thailand, even myanmar cambodia laos too. The fact that many countries, including usa and japan, has chinatown is proof of china's influence there.

Anyway, to me thai is also influenced by indian culture in terms of their writings and buddhist statues.

So far, in SEA, thailand gives me a good impression. That's why thailand is my most visited holiday destination since 1995.

Reading your thread in the Pattaya forum ie: "should I go look for her" the bg. had not a good impresssion of you. You also say that "you owe Thailand so much" Why ? you cant even keep a bg.

So far, in SEA, thailand gives me a good impression. That's why thailand is my most visited holiday destination since 1995.

Reading your thread in the Pattaya forum ie: "should I go look for her" the bg. had not a good impresssion of you. You also say that "you owe Thailand so much" Why ? you cant even keep a bg.

I didn't know this thread was about keeping bar girls. Who would have thought from that title. Will wonders never cease.