What do other Asians think of Thailand?

infinity11

So far, in SEA, thailand gives me a good impression. That's why thailand is my most visited holiday destination since 1995.

Reading your thread in the Pattaya forum ie: "should I go look for her" the bg. had not a good impresssion of you. You also say that "you owe Thailand so much" Why ? you cant even keep a bg.

I didn't know this thread was about keeping bar girls. Who would have thought from that title. Will wonders never cease.

I think he was jut showing off his debating and logic prowess with an ad hominem attack.

SC

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, in SEA, thailand gives me a good impression. That's why thailand is my most visited holiday destination since 1995.

Reading your thread in the Pattaya forum ie: "should I go look for her" the bg. had not a good impresssion of you. You also say that "you owe Thailand so much" Why ? you cant even keep a bg.

I didn't know this thread was about keeping bar girls. Who would have thought from that title. Will wonders never cease.

I think he was jut showing off his debating and logic prowess with an ad hominem attack.

SC

That's too bad. It's kind of a cool topic. Keeping a bar girl is not easy and keeping a covey of them is even more difficult. Or is covey the right word?

Firstly, to answer the quotes issue, that is to do with the answer function on chrome. Sometimes it goes through and formats like that, sometimes it filters and responds that the the maximum quotes has been exceeded.

No intention on my part whatsoever, and is one of the vagaries of using a tablet.

The capitalisation wasn't intentional but is an auto correct issue through spell checking.

For that my apologies but I still stand by my assertion that the vast majority of wealth creation in Thailand has been achieved by Thai Chinese. (I had to retype that). I can barely think of any major company other than those associated with the Crown property bureau where the initial start and ownership wasn't of Thai Chinese origin.

Yes the Koreans have done a good job. I find it an interesting place, and admire their unity of purpose. They have achieved a lot. All the money under the sun could also have been wasted, and one only has to look at the academic achievements of their students to see how seriously they take education.

They built a country up from basically nothing.

I think Korea has done a wonderful job. However a few things should be pointed out. 1. It was a colony of Japan. 2. A strong man dictator. Park Chung-hee was a Korean general and statesman who led South Korea from 1961 until his assassination in 1979. Park seized power through a military coup d'état that overthrew the Korean Second Republic in 1961 and ruled as an unelected military strongman at the head of the Supreme Council for National Reconstruction until his election and inauguration as the President of the Korean Third Republic in 1963. In 1972, Park declared martial law, suspended the country's constitution and made himself President for Life while ushering in the Korean Fourth Republic. 3. America and Japan funded the economic recovery after the two wars.

In terms of the Thai Chinese people in Thailand that is the same as saying the Scots Irish people in America. Both groups did and are doing quite well but they are Thai and American now. So you can drop the Thai Chinese and the Scots Irish except as a historical reference.

Comparing the performance of one immigrant group in the USA when there are dozens of immigrant groups isn't quite the same as Thailand.

Neither do the Scottish Americans control more than 50% of the wealth in the USA, but the immigrant chinese certainly do here and elsewhere in south east Asia.

At one time Scots Irish (and a bit of English) controlled 90% of American wealth not a paltry 50%. 75% of American Presidents were of Scots Irish ancestry . The two richest men the world has ever known 1. John D. Rockefeller and 2. Andrew Carnegie were both Americans of Scots Irish ancestry.

The Scots Irish had a far greater influence on America than the Thai Chinese ever had on Thailand. But now the descendants of the two richest men in the history of the world, Carnegie and Rockefeller just call themselves Americans.

The only place that the Thai/Chinese thing is big is on ThaiVisa.com. As little as 60 years ago the Chinese in Thailand were overcome with anti Chinese laws. One of the big reasons that Thailand fought on the Japanese side in WWII was the PM at that times dislike of the Chinese even though he himself was part Chinese.

What a load of nonsense,what exactly is "Scots Irish"?You're either Scottish or Irish,not Scots Irish!rolleyes.gif

I take it you're American,why don't you ask a Glasgow Rangers fan if he's Scots Irish,you will also learn another Scottish tradition known as the Glasgae Kiss!

At one time Scots Irish (and a bit of English) controlled 90% of American wealth not a paltry 50%. 75% of American Presidents were of Scots Irish ancestry . The two richest men the world has ever known 1. John D. Rockefeller and 2. Andrew Carnegie were both Americans of Scots Irish ancestry.

The Scots Irish had a far greater influence on America than the Thai Chinese ever had on Thailand. But now the descendants of the two richest men in the history of the world, Carnegie and Rockefeller just call themselves Americans.

The only place that the Thai/Chinese thing is big is on ThaiVisa.com. As little as 60 years ago the Chinese in Thailand were overcome with anti Chinese laws. One of the big reasons that Thailand fought on the Japanese side in WWII was the PM at that times dislike of the Chinese even though he himself was part Chinese.

What a load of nonsense,what exactly is "Scots Irish"?You're either Scottish or Irish,not Scots Irish!rolleyes.gif

I take it you're American,why don't you ask a Glasgow Rangers fan if he's Scots Irish,you will also learn another Scottish tradition known as the Glasgae Kiss!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch-Irish_American

"Scotch-Irish (or Scots-Irish) Americans are the descendants of Presbyterian and other Protestant dissenters from the Irish province of Ulster who migrated to North America during the 18th and 19th centuries.[5] Most of the Scotch-Irish were descended from Scottish and English families who colonized Ireland during the Plantation of Ulster in the 17th century.[6] While an estimated 36 million Americans (12% of the total population) reported Irish ancestry in 2006, and 6 million (2% of the population) reported Scottish ancestry,[7] an additional 5.4 million (1.8% of the population) identified more specifically with Scotch-Irish ancestry. People in Great Britain or Ireland that are of a similar ancestry usually refer to themselves as Ulster Scots, with the term Scotch-Irish used only in North America."

The list of things ya don know laddie is quite impressive, that it is.whistling.gif