Things to keep people safe during the high season...

MB1

As the title says, things to keep people safe during the high season...

I'm going to start with....

"Avoid confrontation with Thai's"

Especially irate baht bus drivers with a short fuse, arguing over 5 or ten baht aint worth being beaten up or worse....It just IMO aint worth it..

Happy Holidays...thumbsup.gif

I was a bit handy with the horn when driving until i saw a guy just give a truck that was blocking his way a quick beep and the truck driver jumped out with a tyre iron or similar and started smacking the shit out of the poor guys bonnet. Now im kool and the gang behind the wheel. Ive got a family to think of.

THE HORN --- my falang friend has been coming and going to the land of smiles for many years now,, i have traveled with him on many occasions, to show me the ropes etc,, now after 7 years he has retired and bought a house with his darling in the countryside, but i remember then and now, Then, he would say how the Thai people are calm smile a lot, patient that i should not ever raise my voice, bow, and so on, you know the drift, Now drives like a maniac, honk his horn at every instance, (i hear) get out of the way, this is my lane constantly, has been booked for driving on the fast (overtaking) lane, booked for speeding, basically everything he has told me not to do he is now doing? i wonder what has happened to this guy,, i feel one day he will get into trouble with a local guy, i can see the "driver jumped out with a tyre iron" scenario every time i get into the car with this guy, and he's not a young hoon driver either,, i wonder if Thailand changes people,, sad in my book because no good will come from this. We are a guest in this country and the drivers drive how they like in their country, not my country,, i cannot judge. The answer to this post is restrain

don't wear a red or yellow shirt...

Kings Birthday tomorrow ... so, for 1 day ... the gold/yellow shirt is OK.

Come Friday ... all bets are off.

MB1 ... nice OP BTW ... thumbsup.gif

Thank you David, if this thread can help just one person over the high season/festive, then it's job done, incidents where people are beaten up (alledgedly) for no reason are not good for Thailands image...

Anyway as it's nearing Xmas here's a jingle for those tourists and residents in Pattaya...

Jingle bells

Jingle bells

Jingle all the way..

Oh what fun it really is

Riding round pattaya for ten baht all the way...

Jingle bells

Jingle bells

Jingle all the way

Please don't get beat up

on a blue baht bus

On a sunny Christmas day..

Now where are the xmas emoticons when ya need em Admin,....beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Kings Birthday tomorrow ... so, for 1 day ... the gold/yellow shirt is OK.

Come Friday ... all bets are off.

MB1 ... nice OP BTW ... thumbsup.gif

Thank you David, if this thread can help just one person over the high season/festive, then it's job done, incidents where people are beaten up (alledgedly) for no reason are not good for Thailands image...

Anyway as it's nearing Xmas here's a jingle for those tourists and residents in Pattaya...

Jingle bells

Jingle bells

Jingle all the way..

Oh what fun it really is

Riding round pattaya for ten baht all the way...

Jingle bells

Jingle bells

Jingle all the way

Please don't get beat up

on a blue baht bus

On a sunny Christmas day..

Now where are the xmas emoticons when ya need em Admin,....beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

That is just so subtle, I'm not really sure what you are on about?! whistling.gif

THE HORN --- my falang friend has been coming and going to the land of smiles for many years now,, i have traveled with him on many occasions, to show me the ropes etc,, now after 7 years he has retired and bought a house with his darling in the countryside, but i remember then and now, Then, he would say how the Thai people are calm smile a lot, patient that i should not ever raise my voice, bow, and so on, you know the drift, Now drives like a maniac, honk his horn at every instance, (i hear) get out of the way, this is my lane constantly, has been booked for driving on the fast (overtaking) lane, booked for speeding, basically everything he has told me not to do he is now doing? i wonder what has happened to this guy,, i feel one day he will get into trouble with a local guy, i can see the "driver jumped out with a tyre iron" scenario every time i get into the car with this guy, and he's not a young hoon driver either,, i wonder if Thailand changes people,, sad in my book because no good will come from this. We are a guest in this country and the drivers drive how they like in their country, not my country,, i cannot judge. The answer to this post is restrain

He finally ran out of bullshit repellant LOL. I have to remind myself on a daily base, I am retired and no hurry, I can't change the people, we have lots of idiots in LA. This meditation has to be done before leaving the home and get into the car or on the bike. It works well

Edited by BlueSkyCowboy

Gsxrnz - he's having a not-so-subtle dig at Jingthing and his misadventures with baht buses. See JT's most recent post.

High season tip to stay safe? Wear a shirt and I won't direct my most evil sneer at you, you pot-gutted, matty haired, drunken slob.

Or fart in your general direction. :)

Stay away from very tall ladies with big breasts and big feet standing along Beach Road in Pattaya.

WHY ???

Because the very tall ladies with big breasts and big feet standing along Beach Road in Pattaya are not real ladies. The "ladies" will have a big gun located in the area you expect to find a holster.

Gsxrnz - he's having a not-so-subtle dig at Jingthing and his misadventures with baht buses. See JT's most recent post.

High season tip to stay safe? Wear a shirt and I won't direct my most evil sneer at you, you pot-gutted, matty haired, drunken slob.

Or fart in your general direction. smile.png

Um.......yeah, maybe my ironic comment about the Jingle Bells re-write was a bit too subtle itself. smile.png

Cherry Mistmas thumbsup.gif

All depends where you are,,, Up this way in Issan a red shirt would be safer tongue.png

Believe you are living in Bangkok or Pattaya or abroad..... what you write

is not at all true. Thai people do NOT care what colour we have on our shirts.

glegolo

High Season arrived early for me this year. I was minding my own business yesterday when I noticed "Mrs Ruby Wedding" (60-ish eastern European) & her daughter giving me that "Quick! there's a pervert!" look as I pushed a shopping trolley towards the exit in my local Big C. I could almost hear the cogs whirring as they slowly clocked me, wife (Thai), & children one by one & then realized they had been caught!

Tongue in cheek of course, but my 14-odd years here somewhat trump their rather judgmental couple of DAYS smile.png

Edited by evadgib