Wife wants a new Apple MacBook Pro..-Best Deals?

Rinrada

She has been looking around here in London for a new Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel Dual Core i5 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, HD Graphics 4000, OS X Lion).,...not the retina version or airbook...anyone got any idea of whats the local deals at the mo in LOS?...price wise

Will be over in Amsterdam for a couple of days so will also check their duty free but otherwise wait till we get back...Thanks

R

Or refurbs for that model are probably a good deal.

My only advice is buy using the Online Store. It's my understanding dealing with the private Apple sellers in Thailand is not like buying at a proper Apple Store...

If you're full time Thailander, maybe not a problem.

Or refurbs for that model are probably a good deal.

My only advice is buy using the Online Store. It's my understanding dealing with the private Apple sellers in Thailand is not like buying at a proper Apple Store...

If you're full time Thailander, maybe not a problem.

I would not buy a refurb ... even in the west!

Ibeats is OK for buying here,... But it is usually faster ordering on line through the Mac Online store....(depends on when a larger shipment is due for Ibeats!) ... that could be different in BKK or larger centres,.... in outlying areas they wait and bring in several shipments at once, so it depends where you are!

Warranty is honored but you have to send to one of the official Mac repair centres in BKK...which is a bit of a pain!

Edited by samuijimmy

My 2006 iMac was refurbed and is still running strong. Early in it's life the optical drive was replaced, but a lot were during the update to ML I think it was... even my wife's MBP had the optical drive replaced.

SO, I am not scared at all of refurbs..

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all responses ..

Re Refurbished...wife is Thai and that's a NO No......"I don't know whyyyy"...however

In UK PC world they go for @999 Pounds with Amazons best deal at 850.(sorry No pound sign on comp.)

Amsterdam duty free was about the same but just checked out a couple of places here including the on line site Lazada which comes in at Bt.37k so looks good.

We need a new fridge/freezer and smart TV so might use them for all(free delivery inc...we are in the jungle and hard to find)

Again many thanks for responses

R

Thanks for all responses ..

Re Refurbished...wife is Thai and that's a NO No......"I don't know whyyyy"...however

In UK PC world they go for @999 Pounds with Amazons best deal at 850.(sorry No pound sign on comp.)

Amsterdam duty free was about the same but just checked out a couple of places here including the on line site Lazada which comes in at Bt.37k so looks good.

We need a new fridge/freezer and smart TV so might use them for all(free delivery inc...we are in the jungle and hard to find)

Again many thanks for responses

R

I only know two people who have a smart TV ... one is Crossy who admits that it was an utter waste of money and never uses the features. The other is me, who's step-daughter won it and again having played with it for a short while came to the same conclusion Crossy. Both are now used as basic TVs Still sounds like your wife will be happier is she can say ... 'we have a smart TV' ... hope she will still be happy when she finds out what a waste of money it was and that she could have had a baht or two of gold instead to add to her collectionbiggrin.png