Please recommend a Car Hire Company

drx13

After replying to many ads, and getting no reply, (I email to get info in writing), I turn to this forum.

I would like to hire a car mostly for weekends, fully insured with delivery and collection to Ambassador area.

Thanks in advance. Please PM if necessary.

To me full insurance means zero-excess. Most small car rental companies here do not propose this, even if their signs say "fully insured".

The big car rental companies do offer this and will also deliver cars to you. But you would need to either go into their offices to book or call them on the phone, or book online.

Look out for the special offer codes from the big car rental companies advertised online and in the newspapers.

These guys are good and offer full coverage.

http://www.pattayacar-rent.com/

"Full comprehensive rental insurance (8,000 baht Excess applies)

OPTIONAL 150-250 baht/day C.D.W. (Collision Damage Waiver to reduce customers liability to O%)"

It may work out much cheaper for longer rentals from the likes of Hertz as they cap their charge for zero-excess cover.

I also found that Hertz's special offer daily rate with zero-excess charge was cheaper than local car rental companies without zero-excess cover, even for just one day.

These guys are good and offer full coverage.

http://www.pattayacar-rent.com/

"Full comprehensive rental insurance (8,000 baht Excess applies)

OPTIONAL 150-250 baht/day C.D.W. (Collision Damage Waiver to reduce customers liability to O%)"

It may work out much cheaper for longer rentals from the likes of Hertz as they cap their charge for zero-excess cover.

I also found that Hertz's special offer daily rate with zero-excess charge was cheaper than local car rental companies without zero-excess cover, even for just one day.

Go there in person and you can negotiate a much better rate. I compared their rates to many companies and got a very good deal here.

• 1 month later...

has anybody used the below agency recently?

These guys want payment upfront, and use wording like "or similar vehicle" well sometimes not everybody agrees on what a similar vehicle is, and sometimes the similar vehicle is subordinate to what was ordered, and consequently since they already have your money, and it becomes difficult to get the money back, plus it leaves one in an awkward position with no vehicle.

Thaivisa Car Rentals offer good prices from the leading companies, so you know you have good insurance cover and they have branches all around Thailand if something goes wrong with the car.

http://carrentals.thaivisa.com/

300x250_rentalcars.gif

AVIS Pattaya. Used many times. After one rental I had a call from my credit card company's fraud dept.. They asked if a 20k Bhat charge was genuine. Not having ever crashed one of the rental cars I told them that I'd have to check my receipts and call them back. Went down to AVIS and explained that they must be taking the full deposit amount by mistake. They said no; you returned the car no problem. I explained to them that my credit card company wanted to put the charge through and I needed their help. I asked them to fax written confirmation overseas that the transaction ID was a mistake/invalid. They had their Bangkok office get the fax through to visa processing centre the same day and the matter was resolved.

Heard mastercar are good too.

AVIS Pattaya. Used many times. After one rental I had a call from my credit card company's fraud dept.. They asked if a 20k Bhat charge was genuine. Not having ever crashed one of the rental cars I told them that I'd have to check my receipts and call them back. Went down to AVIS and explained that they must be taking the full deposit amount by mistake. They said no; you returned the car no problem. I explained to them that my credit card company wanted to put the charge through and I needed their help. I asked them to fax written confirmation overseas that the transaction ID was a mistake/invalid. They had their Bangkok office get the fax through to visa processing centre the same day and the matter was resolved.

Heard mastercar are good too.

Just checked mastercar - no vehicles are available in Pattaya, based on their website.

Any car rental place over charging 20k baht by "mistake" is exactly the type of place I want to avoid.

Any highly recommended places with good prices?

WOW 5 recomendations so far and none are any good for the OP?

There is a farang/thai couple that i rented a full sized pick-up from but he has cars too. I paid 18k per month plus 8k deposit fully insured. Pm me if you want his name and number?

He is off soikhaonoi but won't deliver to you.

Edited by Gone