Dilema

john1000

Yes I expect you have heard this before, but I am 52 years young and just going through a painful divorce whch may cost me dear, and wish to build a new life in Thailand.

However I have a pension due and some cash wil become available from the sale of my cottage ( £200,00) but really do not know where to start.

I have a friend who visits frequently, but maybe for all the wrong reasons.... his choice.

Somewhere quiet where I could meet an honest?? girl and start over.

This may be the story of many but would appreciate any threads that would illustrate obvious pitfalls.

rember this is a wild west town the atm girls will be looking out for you as soon as you arrive please please ............. keep you money at home for as sure as god made little apples they will get it

:D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe better to start in a place called udon thani?? Have heard this is more rural and not so many bar girls.

Anyone have experience there?

I'm sorry guys - I've said it before and I'll say it again.

This guy is a troll.

Deny it john1000. :o

now this is the real wild west.baby

I do feel your pain. I can't understand how the courts allow for such huge hand outs.

Sorry.... but like they said, you can't change it, just role with it.

It seems odd that a person that will loose so much do to a female (twice now) would want to up-root and head to another country for the sole goal of finding another female.

To me it would be like happily seaching for another malignant mass somewhere.

But do you want to gow older and be alone??

AH so this is true without money TG will look elsewhere

It's not always true, but you'd have to be offering her something else, for example 'intelectual stimulation, wit and an insightful mind' against which she can test her own interlect and maintain the interest in your relationship.

That's why I think Broke, and Alone seems likely, the Old being inevitable.

AH so this is true without money TG will look elsewhere

It's not always true, but you'd have to be offering her something else, for example 'intelectual stimulation, wit and an insightful mind' against which she can test her own interlect and maintain the interest in your relationship.

That's why I think Broke, and Alone seems likely, the Old being inevitable.

So money money is the root of all " success? " i guess the world over. Went to a wedding over the weekend, and spoke to a girl whoi has spent three years in Trjailande travelling.

Says "holiday yes" " living no" as its very corrupt and many Farang lose their life at the hands of Thai families trying to inherit property and money. Does sound dangerous and disturbing.

So 'erm you are getting the same advice back home..

So money money is the root of all " success? "

That has an awfully familiar ring to it, you're not related to Greenwander are you?

That has an awfully familiar ring to it, you're not related to Greenwander are you?

Nothing this person has posted over the last few days has in any way diminished my view that he is a troll.

I will still go though with this after some holiday trips, but have heard some horror stories about TW, selling up when Farang husband takes a break and goes home for a few days.

Seems very much keep money at home. Shame as trust is something not important in Thailand or at least seems expendable when money is concerned.

My main reason is just to get away.

Nothing this person has posted over the last few days has in any way diminished my view that he is a troll.

Your view from what you have written before, is not important....

I was 3 years younger than you when the same thing happened to me.

I now live here and am VERY HAPPY.. just one guy's perspective.

Make of it what you will

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do

TP

Edit due to spelling mistakes.... owing to large consuption of alcohol

Edited by ThaiPauly

I was 3 years younger than you when the same thing happened to me.

I now live here and am VERY HAPPY.. just one guy's perspective.

Make of it what you will

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do

TP

Edit due to spelling mistakes.... owing to large consuption of alcohol

If you don't mind me asking, did you rely on your pension? and did you know people here? and what area did you settle on.

My other problem is the climate as I am not good in humid conditions but have been told you get used to it.

Thanks

You'll get here ... you'll find out women here are like women there <but nicer and for the most part prettier)

but make some long visits and you'll see ... chances are if you can't cope well with heat and humidity then this is NOT the place for you

Hi,

Why you not look into moving to Indonesia.

It is cheaper then Thailand and also more easy to buy a house and land specially for retirement people.

From my experience the Indonesian people are as nice ore even nicer to foreigners compared to Thailand.

Lot of nice places in Indonesia to live ore visit and the food is also much more diverse.

Kind regards,

Alex

Must agree with Mobi,he IS aTroll! :o

No m8 serious. On Friday will find out how much I will be ripped off after owning a house on my own 15 years before meeting my wife.

I will not downgrade and make up cozy threesomes and put up with understanding sympathy from all and sundry.

I have spoken to my friens who flies out this Friday for seven weeks, and will make serious attempt over the next year to try and get to know the country.

My agenda is to escape the shit I am in!!! I am cautious and will not invest money in Thailand, or commit to a woman for a year or two ( sick parrot or not )

:D

My agenda is to escape the shit I am in!!! I am cautious and will not invest money in Thailand, or commit to a woman for a year or two ( sick parrot or not )

:o

Another "escape" artist!

Doesn't anyone else come here because they like the place for what it is, and not because they've got some problems back in their home country that they don't want to face up to?

:o

Another "escape" artist!

Doesn't anyone else come here because they like the place for what it is, and not because they've got some problems back in their home country that they don't want to face up to?

Bingo! how many of you really like thailand and have a plan to move to? for sure, still have a lot of people doing the way that they want. how many of you really know about thailand? have you try to treat yourself as a thai and eat what they eat? most of the people (farangs) can't do it! Then how can you know what is good & what is bad? I was working here for 2 yrs before and I'm planning the same thing that you guys "thinking" I'm under 40 yrs old...I'm not making huge $$$ like you guys.

I bought my house under my g/f's name (so what?) not a big $$$ but happy cause I won't have chance to take it in my home country!

You guys from western country but having a old thinking mind! lets follow yr heart to enjoy yr life in thailand. nobody know what will be happen tomorrow...life is not easy, make use of your live to find out the other side of thailand, thai culture and thai people!

Yes but if most of you are honest, and reveal the real reason you are in LOS then throw a stone.

Just want a different life and acheive without regrets... by renting, not commiting to anyone for a couple of years, and getting used to climate.

I have a full life socially, but not enough anymore as when you get older everything has been done before and I need change not reminders of what was good once!!!

Yes but if most of you are honest, and reveal the real reason you are in LOS then throw a stone.

Just want a different life and acheive without regrets... by renting, not commiting to anyone for a couple of years, and getting used to climate.

I have a full life socially, but not enough anymore as when you get older everything has been done before and I need change not reminders of what was good once!!!

so lets go to have a long holiday first, say 3 months and plan for next step cause you can do nothing with your visa to stay in thailand over 3 months (but visa run). For sure, you can find a totally different life here in thailand. be positive and be objective...you can't compare what you got in western country. take 3K-4K from your a/c and one credit card you can enjoy 3 months here.

you will ask me "are you stay in thailand right now?" my answer is "I'm not staying in thailand in this moment" why? I have to earn $$$ asap & as much as possible to stay way from my home country. For sure I think I can get some job here but the local rate is not my expectation. so I have to work outside thailand then spend $$$ in thai bath. I miss my home, I miss my g/f in thailand!

Very easy to think " escape " but there are issues like making new friends as I read that ex pats are not always friendly, and do not necessarily stick together??

So finding friends ( who you can trust ) could be a problem as it seems that by what I have read here that most people are after a quick buck.

But the alternative is less appealing so I have no choice!! :o

Sure there's a couple of expats out there to make a quick buck from other expats but also there's plenty of honest guys around that have worked hard to be able to retire in LOS and simply live their life without any interest in business or making a quick buck. In the end everybody is his own man and it's up to you where you draw the line when it comes to spending or giving away your money.

So finding friends ( who you can trust ) could be a problem as it seems that by what I have read here that most people are after a quick buck.

That is the least of your problems

Could you expand on this? :o

ok ... to the OP .... QUIT talking about moving here ... cart before the horse and all that ... visit ... then visit again then a third time ... the 4th time make it an EXTENDED visit and live on the budget you would have if you moved here ... for at least 6 months .... DO NOT BREAK that budget ... if you can do all that ... and STILL want to consider moving here ... then do it

Edited by jdinasia