Dilema

john1000

After a seven year marriage to a "really good girl', I was informed yesterday that she wants a diviorce.

She was a former sales exec with Mercedes Benz of Bangkok and also did a stint as assistant manager of the Amari Hotel.

She's 36 I'm 53. Gorgeous former partime model. I'm a physician here in San Diego.

Have worked my ass off for the past seven years.

Built a 16 room studio suite apartment building for her in Samutsakorn.

Bought numerous parcels of land for her. I have and never had any illusions of every laying claim to anything in BKK. They were just gifts for her.

Sold my new M3 last year to buy her new Mercedes, she didn't like the M3.

Oh yeah and last year, through a friend got her in to GIA of southern California with a $50,000 scholarship. She just finished her diamond grader training and is completing her gemologist training.

Moral of the story, "Karma is a Bitch". I thought I had the one in a million. Good family fairly well to do, introduced by my buddy from England who was married to her older sister.

Farangs like us rarely get an introduction into a family like this.

I love you but I'm not in love with you. I just want to divorce and I want my freedom. Kinda gets ya all choked up doesn't it

No guarantees anywhere really. This came down just a couple of nights ago so I'm still realling a bit.

More later.

Good luck out there guys... :o

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry about the divorce ... but it is a common story everywhere. Not sure what all the financial info was about though. At 36 and 53 ... it would seem that she's ready to move on and keep going. Are you in SoCal and she in Thailand?

sorry about the divorce ... but it is a common story everywhere. Not sure what all the financial info was about though. At 36 and 53 ... it would seem that she's ready to move on and keep going. Are you in SoCal and she in Thailand?

Financial info? I guess just reflecting that there is little or no gratitude with some people.

Oh yeal we're both in So Cal...

I know how you feel. Nothing is guaranteed in life and although I did not commit large sums of money as my soon to be former wife was not materialistic.

She was 35 and I am 53 but it worked for 9 years and she flipped.. over an incident and now hates my guts.

Gone now for six months, but I cannot kick start my life here at all. I have no illusions about a Thai girl wanting stuff and moving on, but I nothing in UK for me except women around my age that I do not finf attractive in the least.

When you have had gold for a while, what can you do? Thailand may not be the answer, but its a start and different location.

Thailand may not be the answer, but its a start and different location.

John1000 is on the right track.

And throughout this thread he has kept his focus in the face of some who try to distract him.

I think he'll do well in Thailand.

My approach was similar to John1000's -- and I made the move to Thailand.

My mantra was the advice: "Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll be able to see farther." (J.P. Morgan)

John1000 seems to be asking if Thailand is a good, far, place.

I'd say, in the situation he described, there is none better.

Thailand may not be the answer, but its a start and different location.

John1000 is on the right track.

And throughout this thread he has kept his focus in the face of some who try to distract him.

I think he'll do well in Thailand.

My approach was similar to John1000's -- and I made the move to Thailand.

My mantra was the advice: "Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll be able to see farther." (J.P. Morgan)

John1000 seems to be asking if Thailand is a good, far, place.

I'd say, in the situation he described, there is none better.

Thanks for your support.....