Toyota D4D Fuel injectors (again)

phutoie2

Friend of mine had his engine warning light on his 3L Vigo. Local Toyota dealer informed him fuel injectors on 3 & 4 cylinders shot.

Cost to replace 17K Baht each or 25K for both if they kept the old ones.

Truck 5 years old & 70K km.

My own one, a year less but same km and I have been running it on Shell V power. Plus fuel injector cleaner at the major service intervals.

Perhaps should have bought the Isuzu 3L VGS which I overruled the good wife on.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Injector failure was a pretty common issue prior to the upgraded units fitted in the 'Champ' generation (2011+), but 70K KM's seems very premature - most reports of issues are at double that mileage.

Maybe you friend bought his truck used and KM's are not real?

Yep, I'd get a second opinion, the dealers generally don't have trained mechanics or engineers, they're fitters at best and will only swap out parts, in fact they'll keep swapping parts at the owners expense either the problems fix or owner and vehicle stop coming.

Not the same vehicle, but our D-Max has got somewhere over 390,000km on it now with origional injectors. I do use V-Power alot of the time and have run injector cleaner through it every 50-100,000km. Failure at 70,000km is not normal by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 2

As said, injectors failing at 70k is verging on ridiculous. There's bound to be some other contributing factor. Get it checked by a decent mechanic with the right equipment.

At worst, get them taken out by a mechanic that is prepared to check seals etc and not just do a swap out of the injectors. If the seals are at fault, it would pay to replace all seals at the same time as a preventative measure.

• Like 1

His amber warning light came on in the dash board and that prompted him to visit the Toyota main dealer. Its been sorted now and he paid 25K Baht as I posted earlier. The truck is a 5 year old two door prerunner. He does not do many long journeys, perhaps he been making his own diesel.

The dealer is in Phetchabun city.

His amber warning light came on in the dash board and that prompted him to visit the Toyota main dealer. Its been sorted now and he paid 25K Baht as I posted earlier. The truck is a 5 year old two door prerunner. He does not do many long journeys, perhaps he been making his own diesel.

..."perhaps he been making his own diesel"...???!

Have a friend with a Toyota Vigo who lives in Phetchabun if he want's a big service he come to K.P.PHET Toyota for his service as he say's the local Toyota garage is at best crap. Tells you something A.