today 5 december bars and clubs open?

kaobang

up till now very mixed reports,

some bars stated they have not been issued with orders to close, some bars say must be closed.

best is to head out and see or wait for others to head out and postbiggrin.png

i am in bkk and would like to know before :)

Wether issued a notice to stay closed or not, many bars stay closed or have the lights turned down and only serve beer in plastic cups in respect.

There are many firwork displays and festivities all over Thailand tonight so maybe better to enjoy this day also out of respect. Just my opinion.

LONG LIVE THE KING !!!!!!

Wether issued a notice to stay closed or not, many bars stay closed or have the lights turned down and only serve beer in plastic cups in respect.

There are many firwork displays and festivities all over Thailand tonight so maybe better to enjoy this day also out of respect. Just my opinion.

What has having a beer and fun to do with disrespect ?

Many a time when the bars are supposed to be closed I've been made to drink my beer or Jack D from a coffee mug, the bar owners/staff seem to think no one knows your drinking alcohol, even though the copper sat at a table knows different, oh well, it's better than staying at home drinking alone..coffee1.gif

What has having a beer and fun to do with disrespect ?

Better read my post again. Did I say that? Lots of the festivities I talked about have drinking going on. I was talking about what the bars do out of respect.

Presume you just landed.