Poster of the year competition 2013.....

smokie36

So....I have changed things around this year....get your thinking caps on....I want nominations for the post of the year this time around.

Just leave a link to the one you want and my panel of experts will pick out the best ten....then we can choose the winner by the fairest means possible. w00t.gif

Best of luck to all the members and get voting! smile.png

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remembering specific posts from even days back isn't a reasonable expectation. I suggest you change it to THREAD of the year, dude.

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think we need a poll on that Mr jingthing so get jiggy with it...:o

• Like 1

Remembering specific posts from even days back isn't a reasonable expectation. I suggest you change it to THREAD of the year, dude.

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think we need a poll on that Mr jingthing so get jiggy with it...ohmy.png

I have never met JT, but I do think that I could tell him apart from Will Smith.

Smokes ... do you actually literally mean 'Post' of the Year ... or 'OP' of the Year ... 'Thread of the Year? ... as they are different beasts.

Can you nominate your own work, or does it have to be a 3rd party nomination?

Just asking like ... biggrin.png

• Like 2

'post of the year'???

I thought it was 'poster of the year'...

and, as usual I put meself forward as an all around 'good guy'...tiresome perhaps but only in the interest of entertainment...

and I have an admirable capacity to endure abuse...the APSB (alpha poster, schoolyard bully) brigade know who they are and they are defeated!

tutsiwarrior stands as a beacon to the oppressed of thaivisa!

(please pick up yer Nana Plaza tokens as you leave the website...and thank you for your support...)

• Like 1

arrgh...to illustrate I haveta bring in classic cinema and this time it's Captain Bly and his speech when cast adrift in a small skiff on the open sea east of Tahiti (Charles Laughton, 1935):

'and I'll live to see alla youse...hanging from the highest yardarm in the british navy!!!!'

and Captain Bly was not a bad person...just a bit misunderstood...just like tutsiwarrior...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 2

hey listen...we got many posters here at thaivisa such that what's cool in the money and finance section may not be cool in bedlam or in the food section or immigration section...

the nominations are open and we can have our way in that regard but there must be an impartial judging panel maybe based upon length of membership on the forum (and that makes me one of the oldest...yuk, yuk, yuk...)

so...let's open the nominations and I nominate (excluding the mods):

Professor Naam

Humphrey Bear

Jingthing

and not necessarily in that order...

we represent a lot that is good about the forum and are long timers...

and this time there has to be an awards ceremony with food and wine, etc...and I shall even fly back from saudi to attend...and I want award presenters; george and sbk and etc...

shit or get offa the pot like my old hooktender in the Alaskan woods useta say...

arrgh, arrgh; where's Ms EEK???

Smokie, I think you need a Troll Thread of the Year, if only to compliment the serious (or not so serious) threads.

There seem to have been a lot of unverified Trolls about this year................

If you use your own system the most like post has already been identified and therefore there is no competition!

Thread " Secret No-fly list Causes Bangkok holiday nightmare

Let your brain do the talking and your fingers do the walking!

• Like 1

and I object to this exercise being called 'a competition'...if there is a competition then there must be winners and the vanquished and of which we know that 'contenders' are acutely sensitive to...

this must be labelled as an 'adulation' of those that make thaivisa what it is...

(later tutsi is in a bar in Bangkok and someone knocks over his beer: 'hey! I'm tutsiwarrior!!! clean that up you insignificant scoundrel!!!)

If it is indeed 'Post of the Year' as per smokie36's title (and it is his thread after all) ... whistling.gif

This was memorable for me ...

I am not sure it is isolated to certain communities around the world, but individuals within communities, the usual shout of Isaan, goes up like a clarion call of slip fielders in the hope of getting a group "like", however there isn't much wrong with a request, no matter how close the society. What I find even more disturbing, is that you cannot ask a neighbour for a glass of milk, society going forward like a collapsed scrum on continuous loop.

"goes up like a clarion call of slip fielders in the hope of getting a group "like"

Sometimes I read a post, kick back and think well said ... clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

Mr Finn ... I salute you.