Which Visa Should I Apply For?

I am a UK citizen, age 34, planning to relocate with my wife (UK citizen) & 2 children to Thailand. I don't have any plans to work in thailand as I derive my income from an online business outside of Thailand. We may wish to purchase/establish a business after a period of a year in Thailand if an opportunity presents itself. However, we wont have a letter of employment from an employer in Thailand to present when applying for a visa now. I would like to know what's the best visa to apply for? Thanks in advance.

I am a UK citizen, age 34, planning to relocate with my wife (UK citizen) & 2 children to Thailand. I don't have any plans to work in thailand as I derive my income from an online business outside of Thailand. We may wish to purchase/establish a business after a period of a year in Thailand if an opportunity presents itself. However, we wont have a letter of employment from an employer in Thailand to present when applying for a visa now. I would like to know what's the best visa to apply for? Thanks in advance.

You can apply for a month year, multilple entry NOn-immigrant O visa. This is a very easy visa to get - there are no financial obligations and is good for 15 months. You will have to leave the country every 3 months though, and if you leave on the last day of validity - or thereabouts - you will get an extra 3 months.

FYI, when you apply for a visa do it by a postal application to the hull consulate - they are very helpful in these matters - much more so than in London!

Don't forget that you will have to leave the country when you get need to get a new visa.

Hope this helps