Land Deed Transfer/ownership Question

I Recently paid off some land that I bought in my wife's village and I need some advice on who's name to put it in for the deed transfer. Here's the particulars: I and Thai wife have not yet legally registered our marriage in Thailand or the U.S. She is 18 years old. My question is should/could she have the deed transferred to her name or should I first put it in her mothers and transfer it to the wife's name after we registered our Thai marriage?

Thanx for the help! :o

I Recently paid off some land that I bought in my wife's village and I need some advice on who's name to put it in for the deed transfer. Here's the particulars: I and Thai wife have not yet legally registered our marriage in Thailand or the U.S. She is 18 years old. My question is should/could she have the deed transferred to her name or should I first put it in her mothers and transfer it to the wife's name after we registered our Thai marriage?

She can put it directly in her name. Whether you are married or not makes little difference. It is up to you whether you advise the Land Office you are "married". Although by law you should sign the waiver, many Land Offices ignore the fact.

She can put it directly in her name. Whether you are married or not makes little difference. It is up to you whether you advise the Land Office you are "married". Although by law you should sign the waiver, many Land Offices ignore the fact.

Yeah....should be alright in her name. Don't reall anticipate any problems w/ the Land Office as it's upcpountry in Issan and in the boondocks kinda. Also, I can speak Thai/Lao fluently and have friends in the local Amphur Complex.

Anyone know the particulars for setting up the "lease" deal so I may protect my investment?

Search "lease' and you will find lots of threads, and lots of posts by me :o

If you have any specific queries after browsing let us know.