Elderly German tourist assaulted by Thai man in Pattaya

webfact

Whilst there are no doubt many violent characters in that lovely city, I do not buy the fact that he was just walking along, minding his own business, and suddenly gets attacked out of nowhere.

Unrelated: I think at age 54 it is time to hang up the wife-beater.

Well it's been happening in USA for some time now and is referred to as a gameblink.png.pagespeed.ce.AQgCnSOpp_.png alt=blink.png width=20 height=20> . Let's hope the Thai teenagers don't get any ideasermm.gif.pagespeed.ce.7f2Kr9k8HC.png alt=ermm.gif width=18 height=18>

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/deadly-knockout-game-what-it-is/

Yes it happens all over the place. I was attacked in the UK by 4 youths when walking home on my own (30 years ago). No reason whatsoever, they just did it for fun and I feel I was lucky. As they walked past me in a line the last one took a swing at me, luckily I didn't go down as I suspect they might have given me a kicking if I had. When I turned to confront them they hurled abuse at me, fortunately I happened to be almost right outside a friends house and was able to retreat in their before things got worse. Plenty of vicious thugs in this world and Thailand is no different. To the original poster, I hope you don't have to find out what it's like but making stupid comments like your makes me very bloody angry. <deleted>!

• Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is an amazing story..... Yes a ONE on ONE fight. Clearly this is reflecting a new found brashness

by Thai men, where they no longer feel the need for the odds of 8 on 1. Of course the guy was a bit

elderly, so that may have been the factor that would give a Thai man the backbone to go one on one.. :-)

At least when the Thai wakes up today with little recolection of what he did last night he has a clear picture of the guy he probably wouldn't have remembered without this news feed so he can hunt him down again.

I am guilty that once in a blue moon my partying with my friends have ended at the late "am" hours however when it's all said and done, a NORMAL person would hire a taxi or motorbike taxi and simply head home. To wonder down beach rd at this hour is just asking for it and makes one think that he was not just looking for another beer. Also I just don't believe an attack without provocation (did I spell that right)?

• Like 1

Whilst there are no doubt many violent characters in that lovely city, I do not buy the fact that he was just walking along, minding his own business, and suddenly gets attacked out of nowhere.

Just out of curiosity..Where are singlets called wife beaters, and why? Half of the males wear them in hot weather in Oz. I've always known them only as singlets, or vests in England many years ago..Only recently, and on TV have i seen them referred to as wife beaters.

The wife, after I mentioned it to her, wants me to stop wearing singlets now. I should have expected thatwhistling.gif

Well it's been happening in USA for some time now and is referred to as a gameblink.png . Let's hope the Thai teenagers don't get any ideasermm.gif

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/deadly-knockout-game-what-it-is/

A bit different though; the "game" is to punch someone out cold with a single blow. This was obviously not the case here.

Nooooooo! The left wing media has already determined it's nothing but a myth. Don't believe your lying eyes. You gotta love the left wing media, they are relentless at lying. Even Pravda from the old USSR days must be must be impressed by the relentless pursuit to lie to the public by the left wing media. The reality is even the Russians knew that they were being lied to, and so do we!

Not your typical Pattaya "tourist" judging by his appearance. Hope he gets over his pains and they nail the assailant.

That shirt's pretty offensive in itself, but I gotta tell you I can't count the number of times I see sweaty tourists in those shirts on the Skytrain clinging firmly to the hand strap and modeling their under arm bush for the world to see and.... smell. xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.Fhb0_rLJqX.webp

Many of this quality tourist we would not accept in the US and Europe. England maybe because they are used to the trash in their streets. hahaha

Is the gentleman sporting some kind of tourist uniform or this local attire in this part of the country?

I know one of those quality tourists in Pattaya. This fellow went to the Immigration in a shirt considerably worse and the Officer, a lady, told him to go home and get dressed.

The lady was of course correct. Some of this trash has no brains and common sense

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity..Where are singlets called wife beaters, and why? Half of the males wear them in hot weather in Oz. I've always known them only as singlets, or vests in England many years ago..Only recently, and on TV have i seen them referred to as wife beaters.

The wife, after I mentioned it to her, wants me to stop wearing singlets now. I should have expected thatwhistling.gif

Some of this 80 yr old guys do look disgusting in wife beaters

Is the gentleman sporting some kind of tourist uniform or this local attire in this part of the country?

He's at the BEACH mate.

I see. Note to self: Looks like things have changed quite a bit; must get out more.

6102951565_55ddca9df6_z.jpg

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Wife beater an Americanism.

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Didn't read anywhere that he would beat his wife.
Just slang innit

Slang for what? What does the term mean? it's Ok I googled to translate it. Means a person who wears a singlet is a person who beats their wives

Edited by chooka

Not your typical Pattaya "tourist" judging by his appearance. Hope he gets over his pains and they nail the assailant.

That shirt's pretty offensive in itself, but I gotta tell you I can't count the number of times I see sweaty tourists in those shirts on the Skytrain clinging firmly to the hand strap and modeling their under arm bush for the world to see and.... smell. xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.Fhb0_rLJqX.webp

LMAO. clap2.gif When I see this, I say to myself " Have they no shame?" Or perhaps, they believe it to be true when they are told they are hansum and sexy. As hot as LOS is and as big as some of these muscle-T wearing mofos are , they can sometimes be seen absolutely drenched in sweat. Now what Thai girl wouldn't be instantly turned on by sight and olfactory perception of that ?

Wife beater an Americanism.

Didn't read anywhere that he would beat his wife.
Just slang innit

Slang for what? What does the term mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeveless_shirt#A-shirt

Edited by Morakot

Marlin Brando ... Cat on a hot tin roof.

Sorry to break it to you but Americans have a culture.

I am sure they do but wife beating seems a little nasty.

At least when the Thai wakes up today with little recolection of what he did last night he has a clear picture of the guy he probably wouldn't have remembered without this news feed so he can hunt him down again.

I am guilty that once in a blue moon my partying with my friends have ended at the late "am" hours however when it's all said and done, a NORMAL person would hire a taxi or motorbike taxi and simply head home. To wonder down beach rd at this hour is just asking for it and makes one think that he was not just looking for another beer. Also I just don't believe an attack without provocation (did I spell that right)?

As per my reply (above) to someone else about being on the end of an unprovoked attack. Believe me it is not an uncommon event in any country and I can assure you, you would not be making such a stupid comment had you ever been on the receiving end of some drunken moron, who's just looking to hurt someone for fun.

Edited by Rimmer
Flame
  • Like 1

Marlin Brando ... Cat on a hot tin roof.

Sorry to break it to you but Americans have a culture.

I am sure they do but wife beating seems a little nasty.
The garment is associated with lower class men there, fairly or not. Such men more likely to be violent.

• Like 1

back home in the ''wild west'' we rage out on a daily basis,here in ''the land of smiles'' they bottle thier rage up for years ,and when it lets loose.it is fast and furious...beware....the ''thai way or the hiway'''...............

I do not buy the fact that he was just walking along, minding his own business, and suddenly gets attacked out of nowhere.

Why not?...you never heard of MUGGING. It happened to me a few years ago as I was minding my own business, just about to get on my parked motorbike outside a friends apartment building in a quiet soi of Pattaya when I was attacked out of nowhere, knocked unconscious and robbed. Hanno...Your comment is utterly stupid.

I hope the gentleman recovers from this attack speedily and that the perp is caught and dealt with.

• Like 1