Five Cambodians caught for attempting to torch Bangkok protest stage

webfact

The only thing I completely question is the crime. The stage is made of metal and metal plate floorboards. I may be mistaken, but I reviewed a few dozen pictures and I see nothing flammable but the curtains in the front of the stage -- and how can a Cambodian crew set fire to the curtains, since it is well lit (no pun intended) and attended all day and night?

What were the Cambodians going to light the stage with, an arc welder?.

As steve pointed out millions of baht in gear plus the set dressings and who knows what else stored there. The floorboards are probably not metal due to the electrical gear.

How? simple, water bottles full of accelerants with pinholes in the top ... a fast walk by and a few dropped cigarettes. Looks inconspicuous, everyone has a water bottle tons of people smoke.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too vague to be credible at this point.

Yep, but it does pass the plausible test.

For you anyway..........Me, not so gullible. Remember the tale of the 10/11 red shirts ( "allegedly" trained as political assassins in a training camp (read Holiday Centre) at Chiang Mai who'd "allegedly" been previously training in Cambodia, who were "allegedly" in police hands and then disappeared completely from view, never to be heard of again - all stirred up by abhisits government - not a shred of truth in it.

Edited by fab4

For you anyway..........Me, not so gullible. Remember the tale of the 10/11 red shirts ( "allegedly" trained as political assassins in a training camp (read Holiday Centre) at Chiang Mai who'd "allegedly" been previously training in Cambodia, who were "allegedly" in police hands and then disappeared completely from view, never to be heard of again - all stirred up by abhisits government - not a shred of truth in it.

If they were in the Red Police's hands and nothing has been heard of them, then AV must be right.

• Like 1

The suspicious part is where it has always to be a foreigner who is a suspect... sad.png

I guess we are going soon to see a wave of xenophobia shoot out against us from the Yellow/Black shirt.

There is clear evidence that Thaksin hired some people in Cambodia in the past...maybe so the information doesn't leak.

If it is a Cambodian than it is a Cambodian...that has nothing to do with xenophobia. And the Yellow shirts have good contact with the opposition in Cambodia, which has a hard life under Hun Sen.

Please post link to Thaksin hiring Cambodian unscrupulous people

The suspicious part is where it has always to be a foreigner who is a suspect... sad.png

I guess we are going soon to see a wave of xenophobia shoot out against us from the Yellow/Black shirt.

There is clear evidence that Thaksin hired some people in Cambodia in the past...maybe so the information doesn't leak.

If it is a Cambodian than it is a Cambodian...that has nothing to do with xenophobia. And the Yellow shirts have good contact with the opposition in Cambodia, which has a hard life under Hun Sen.

My complaint is that the story is weak at best and shouldn't have been posted without more research.

suthep, suthep, manipulative suthep cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

don't forget, the yellows before have claimed to start war with Cambo. this case is double useful: blame the other dirty lot and "casus belli" for war ...

Edited by Loles

"the Cambodians admitted that they were hired by a village headman in Dubai Pathum Thani..........................................."

Where's the evidence??? xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p

Either very naive or also working for Thaksin !

The suspicious part is where it has always to be a foreigner who is a suspect... sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

I guess we are going soon to see a wave of xenophobia shoot out against us from the Yellow/Black shirt

Also very naive or also working for Thaksin !

Think you need to look up what arrest means for a better understanding In simple terms, arrest means to - stop . Therefore if your stop someone from doing something, you arrest them.

Correct ! A spark arrester does not handcuff the spark and haul it off to Police HQ, does it now ? cheesy.gif

The only thing I completely question is the crime. The stage is made of metal and metal plate floorboards. I may be mistaken, but I reviewed a few dozen pictures and I see nothing flammable but the curtains in the front of the stage -- and how can a Cambodian crew set fire to the curtains, since it is well lit (no pun intended) and attended all day and night?

What were the Cambodians going to light the stage with, an arc welder?.

Using common sense is not permitted in this forum. Shame on you.

Turned over to the Red police? And you're surprised that they have disappeared (been freed)? Really? Wow, and you say you're "not so gullible". Really?

Yellow/black shirt? No such thing anymore ...... People wore yellow for the King yesterday and black before that.

Simplistic thinking like that belies that people from all backgrounds have opposed this amnesty bill and are now strongly aligned against the government. The students I know that came to BKK from Hat Yai certainly do not fit in your narrow bands, nor do the others. Many of the students are seriously looking for reform that would go against what the old Yellows would want, Face it the PAD as a movement splintered and died.

Now, that some group used Cambodians would actually point to multiple options and one would be the reds (Thaksin's ties with HunSen) and one would be the remnants of the old PAD (stoking the fire) but the obvious answer is they are cheap and far more expendable if lost.

Yes, people from all backgrounds did join in the peaceful demonstrations in the beginning. But after Suthep started to show his true (maniac) colors by occupying government buildings and forcing the media to broadcast what he said they could broadcast, the vast majority got the hell out... as any "normal" people would do...

search google...it was claimed numerous times during the red shirt protests in 2010. There were also reports from training camps in Cambodia. On that large demonstration which got canceled because of so called danger..Can't recall that army guy, there were numerous reports of armed Cambodian in black clothes.

But I admit there is no hard evidence but that topic came many times in the past....and here in fact the catched one so the probability is high.

Again, arson as a political weapon.!!!

What other weapon is there for the man on the street?? The machete? Excepting the gun crazed US!! Which doesn't achieve a lot in reality.

The three most potent weapons in our world in practice:

The machete

The sharpened stick

Starvation

The guy in the pic certainly looks like he's running on a very low number of brain cells.

He could be a Pheu Thai MP.

Please retract that comment!!!

So you think its funny being compared to a Pheu Thai MP do you? He is probably an honest fisherman in Cambodia of far higher esteem than a PTP MP and it is disgusting that you debase him with your disgustng comments!!

• Like 1

I really hate to see labor outsourced like this. If the red shirts wanted to torch the stage, they certainly should

have used local labor, instead of outside contractors.....

Isn't Arsonist on the Alien Employment Act list?

The following occupations are closed to foreigners and is reserved for Thai nationals only:

• Arson
  • Supervising, auditing, or giving service in accountancy, except occasional internal auditing.
  • Cutting or polishing precious or semi-precious stones.
  • Etc.

What other weapon is there for the man on the street?? The machete? Excepting the gun crazed US!! Which doesn't achieve a lot in reality.

The machete

The sharpened stick

Starvation

the most potent weapon is propaganda and low education (which goes somehow hand in hand), everything other is just a result of it.

• Like 1

The machete

The sharpened stick

Starvation

the most potent weapon is propaganda and low education (which goes somehow hand in hand), everything other is just a result of it.

Agreed!!

There is an abundance of both in the North and North East and just look at the cataclysmic damage this has done to Thailand.

Those few posters who continue to toe the Thaksin line should be aware of the greater politic behind the current scenario. The Cambodians that have been caught trying to set alight to the protesters' stage is only the tip of a very deep iceberg. Remember the close ties between the dictator Hun Sen and Thaksin himself and the add into this equation the current use of hired thugs and professional mercenaries who are carrying out deadly attacks on the protestors and also infiltrating the protestors as agent provacateurs. These underhand tactics are not alien to Hun Sen who came to power in 1997 after a bloody military coup. Remember too that Hun Sen was a full active member of the Khmer Rouge. Hun Sen is leading where Thaksin wishes to follow and this was admitted by Robert Amsterdam (the fascist PR officer for Thaksin) to ABC when he described exactly what the current power struggle is about. Like Hun Sen Thaksin has shown that mass murder and the exploitation of his fellow citizens is an acceptable way forward. Hun Sen supports him by moving small arms across the border into Isaan. The conspiracy however is much wider. Hun Sen has cleverly bought acceptance amongst the worst of the world community by selling off Cambodia's assets to foreign investors - a move closely monitored by the Thaksin regime - and the promise of these kind of riches falling easily into their laps allows nations, such as the US, to continue their support of Thaksin. The picture behind the scenes is far greater than the sum total of street protests in Bangkok.

• Like 1